“Live from: Z and TB’s Fall Foliage Extravaganza”

Zqueeze1

17 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

mmmmm...Tuna Tartare...one of my faves!  Had my fill of it on the WC this year......

Our friend John was the one who ordered it. I’ve never had it since I can be a little picky, but I may have to now. 

Z and TB

16 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

That Shepherd's pie looked good, even if it's not really French Canadian, lol.  Tortière would be more authentic, but I'm sure it was yummy!

Full disclosure and to clear the fact that I did not eat at both CR and La Veranda, we only took pics of the Sheperd’s Pie. But, damn, it looked good.  

7 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Great post and outstanding photos, thanks for taking the time.  I can see your enjoying your cruise-keep it that way and enjoy more.

Thanks Ronrick. Everything has been great so far. My only complaint is that I need some Florida sunshine shipped up to the northeast. 

Z and TB

Today is a very, very gloomy day in Halifax.  The weather is getting a little depressing.  Of course this is not Regents fault but it does affect the attitude on board.  Hope it stops raining soon. The cruise director is never seen except on tv and in the theater.  We need some energy from him to combat the dreary weather. 

Z, do take the time to talk to the Commodore.  We had a cabin ne t to his some cruises back.  He is so nice and very interesting.  

Oh, and btw, could you be having the start of hot flashes???  Didn’t know you were old enough.

45 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Yes, I'm quite sure he is . . . .and I think there is a brand new Production group on board. I'm sure he's working with them.

Does that make the situation correct? No but it's most likely the reason.

Peggy

Yes, there is a new production cast on board. We have had good conversations with several of them. Very nice young people. 

6 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Today is a very, very gloomy day in Halifax.  The weather is getting a little depressing.  Of course this is not Regents fault but it does affect the attitude on board.  Hope it stops raining soon. The cruise director is never seen except on tv and in the theater.  We need some energy from him to combat the dreary weather. 

You guys are so right about the weather making things a little depressing. Our tour today was a rain soaked adventure by the sea. We almost feel as if it was not worth coming onboard. When I get this way, I find myself having a long conversation with one of my onboard friends, Hendricks:

DCD2DB6B-1A81-4ED9-8898-5436848ABA3D.jpeg

On 10/31/2018 at 2:18 PM, Zqueeze1 said:

Sheltieluv:

Sitting on Mario’s station, we have a direct view of the Commodore/Captain. He is a spry individual. Would love to talk to him but it is a little intimidating. 

Z and TB

Captian Jablin is a great guy. He used to have Dover Sole almost everyday. Wonder if he's still doing that?

Former captain in the USN, I believe.  Regent gave him the honorary title Commodore.

Edited by commodore2010

On 11/1/2018 at 1:54 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

That Shepherd's pie looked good, even if it's not really French Canadian, lol.  Tortière would be more authentic, but I'm sure it was yummy!

Shepherds pie is really Irish not Canadian.  Sometimes it’s called Cottage pie.  The Canadians have their own rendition of this but from the photo it still looked delicious.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:54 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

You are right - it is neither French Canadian or Irish - it is firmly British (https://www.britishfoodinamerica.com/Our-First-Scottish-Number/the-lyrical/The-unexpected-origin-of-Shepherds-pie/#.W9zey6eZMW8) and my DH makes the best I've ever tasted.

Z, you know that I've been following every word of your posts on this thread.  The only thing that is super frustrating is my inability to give you a hard time (just in general - cannot even find an emoji of a chicken or other feathered creature).  Will be thinking of you, TB and TNR when we are in Malaga next week.  We all had such fun there during our tapas crawl!🕷️  

Edited by Travelcat2

I think the Irish call it both Shepherds Pie or Cottage Pie.  In Ireland all the pubs have it when we were there on a land trip.  No matter what it is good comfort food.  We have never had it in the UK.  Fish and chips with malt vinegar and Bangor’s and Mash..yes.

5 minutes ago, MalbecWine said:

Shepherds Pie - lamb

Cottage Pie - beef

Both have their origins in England and is available in all of the U.K. (obviously Southern Ireland is not part of the U.K. but Northern Ireland is).  There are many articles about this delicious comfort food which is now served worldwide (but not necessarily made correctly).

5 minutes ago, MalbecWine said:

7 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

You guys are so right about the weather making things a little depressing. Our tour today was a rain soaked adventure by the sea. We almost feel as if it was not worth coming onboard. When I get this way, I find myself having a long conversation with one of my onboard friends, Hendricks:

DCD2DB6B-1A81-4ED9-8898-5436848ABA3D.jpeg

I have seen your friend Hendricks before : in your wedding party, no ?

Forget the hot flashes you old grump, the problem is, your underwear is too tight.🐖🐖🐖

K

🐖

Edited by hockeyken

7 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Shepherds Pie - lamb

Cottage Pie - beef

Both have their origins in England and is available in all of the U.K. (obviously Southern Ireland is not part of the U.K. but Northern Ireland is).  There are many articles about this delicious comfort food which is now served worldwide (but not necessarily made correctly).

Absolutely correct.  Same dish but name changes according to meat used.   And with a good gravy sauce - delicious!

Good Morning:

Our next scheduled stop in Bal Harbor is cancelled due to high winds which keeps us from tendering. Instead, we are diverting to Portland, Maine. We are planning on just walking around town since, again, we expect another rainy day. That makes six out of seven cruise days without sunshine. I’ve lost my Florida tan and am looking pale. 

Yesterday’s visit to Peggy’s Cove in Halifax was just plain soggy and chilly.

AA4BA236-F631-4FFE-B4E2-8BBFC46C1BB3.jpeg

3C55EBDA-5856-4CA2-BB90-E10C8CC15F3B.jpeg

The highlight of the tour was having a bowl of lobster chowder and staying out of the cold. We played “ Let’s spend our Remaining Canadian Bucks” and blew our last 80 by buying two soups, a pack of gum, and a Christmas ornament. Ouch. 

BTW, our tour guide was dressed in a Scottish kilt (I didn’t look) and was outstanding. 

We spent an easy afternoon with me doing paperwork from the office and The Boss living vicariously through her novel, “Gone with the Wind.”  We were entertained by listening to a couple talking away who are known to have the record for being the biggest booze guzzlers on board. I am in the minor leagues compared to them. They are not spring chickens either. The husband must be in his eighties and the wife in her mid seventies (although she claims to be 57) and they are some serious booze hounds. 

We got our laundry back yesterday and it sure is nice having gold status for the weekly freebie laundry. I remember the days when I had to strap on my armor, get my spartan shield and lance and fight the hordes for the use of the washer and dryers. Afterwards, we had to garrote whoever was ironing so I could iron The Boss’s next great outfit. Of course, the dryers were so slow that they required the patience of the Dalai Lama to avoid insanity.  However, I have met a lot of great people while ironing and swapped a lot of great laundry tips. Have you ever seen the episode of Ricky Ricardo ironing Lucy’s stockings?

A2A1E9E2-1501-4D7B-96D1-0DA96735DD67.jpeg

That was me before being trained by the master herself on getting her clothes perfect. 

A5EEDCDE-2746-4D48-9A4E-8B5EC723654A.jpeg

In reality, I got cranky at her when we were first married because she could not iron the right creases on my uniforms so she swore she would never iron for me again. 

Dinner last night was another great success. Mario and Maggie are wonderful and they always seem to have the perfect suggestion to accompany your selection. 

I had the excellent crab salad, followed by a Greek salad,

5B3CDC4E-7BF4-416B-B558-F2766FF649F8.jpeg

and then the wonderfully delicious miso glazed sea bass.

BDE57F6E-C07D-4FB0-AE57-71BAFF1AA6DC.jpeg

Each bite was a flaky,  buttery soft, and melt in your mouth party of awesomeness. 

2EC20843-783B-4CCE-BC8F-E3A290601B20.jpeg

Let’s hope the weather improves so I can show off my gams with my shorts. 

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1
  • Like 1

Thought of you and TB as I watched the national weather.   A very nasty system (including tornados in Tampa) is pushing up the east coast.   I hope It blows out to sea fairly quickly.  There is nothing more miserable than a cold and soggy tour, but nothing quite as nice as a warm shower,  fluffy bathrobe, and a fortified hot drink after.

I laughed out loud at your description of the laundry room.    We reached gold status on our last cruise.  I was initially squirrelly about including my undies, got over it, and became a master at stuffing as much as humanly possible into our weekly bag.  I ❤️ free laundry!

Finally, lots of pics of TB (and her old boyfriend).....how about a pic of you?

Jennifer 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, forgap said:

Finally, lots of pics of TB (and her old boyfriend).....how about a pic of you?

Jennifer 

Ohhh you don’t want that!!!  There is only one pic of me online that I know of and that’s on indeed.com. I sort of like to stay anonymous. 

Z and TB

9 hours ago, hockeyken said:

I have seen your friend Hendricks before : in your wedding party, no ?

Forget the hot flashes you old grump, the problem is, your underwear is too tight.🐖🐖🐖

K

🐖

Hah!! Can’t believe I actually miss yous!!!

• Like 1

"Good Morning:

Our next scheduled stop in Bal Harbor is cancelled due to high winds which keeps us from tendering. "

I had to laugh at your typo.  I think you are longing for Florida. ☀️ Bar Harbor Maine - Bal Harbour Florida.  Sorry our NE weather has not been cooperating for you, looks like you are managing to enjoy your cruise anyway.  Tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

Looncall:

Sorry for the late response, but my cruise critic account has been locked up since yesterday. I logged off and then back on to get it to function. 

You are so correct in pointing out my faux pas (I say with a red face). Now you know why I’m not in Jeopardy. I will proceed to lash myself until my gography knowledge improves.  Thanks. 

Z and TB