1st cruise, upgraded to a balcony

Penguin11

While in early mass this morning, I received a voice mail from our RCCL planner.  I just called him back and he told us we got a room assignment for our inside guarantee. It is a Balcony on deck 11 on the Anthem.  WOW 😮.  i guess a last minute booking can work out to your benefit.  I cant being to tell you how blessed we feel.  Cant wait for next Saturday, i feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas day...

• Like 1

Terrific - That is an amazing upgrade - Interior to Balcony, bypassing the next step to Ocean View.  We have booked dozens of guarantee cabins and NEVER once got anything better than the category that was guaranteed.   Also unusual  to me that you received a call about your assignment as we always have to look  on-line to see what is assigned... dozens of guarantee assignments and never  a phone call to tell me the guarantee is assigned.   

enjoy your good luck

2 hours ago, Penguin11 said:

While in early mass this morning, I received a voice mail from our RCCL planner.  I just called him back and he told us we got a room assignment for our inside guarantee. It is a Balcony on deck 11 on the Anthem.  WOW 😮.  i guess a last minute booking can work out to your benefit.  I cant being to tell you how blessed we feel.  Cant wait for next Saturday, i feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas day...

That's awesome - Congratulations!!! I've contemplated booking a guarantee many times in the past and I have always chickened out because I am such a planner.  Deck 11 is a great deck. We were on it  (interior cabin) in September. Quiet deck but close to the action up top to avoid needing elevators.

We are very happy,  i guess its is beginners luck.  We have had a crazy year. And this is our fist vacation since our honeymoon 5 years ago.  We saved and budgeted to have a nice 5th Wedding Anniversary cruise. And so far its come together for us very well in a short period of time. 

Its late Sunday night, and I dont think ill sleep until next Saturday. In fact we started to pack. i hope you dont think we are being childish,  just so excited to be so fortunate.  

Bless you all, goodnight...

• Like 1

The first time I got in a grand suite by surprise I was a gold member. I had an ocean view guarantee on the majesty and once at the pier we Were told about the upgrade. Since mine was guarantee I sent my lugggae to my friends room just in case. Can’t tell I have been that lucky again but upgrades and great rooms are still available. I’m sailing on the Symphony in a balcony guarantee almost paying like the interior I previously had 

1 hour ago, Penguin11 said:

We are very happy,  i guess its is beginners luck.  We have had a crazy year. And this is our fist vacation since our honeymoon 5 years ago.  We saved and budgeted to have a nice 5th Wedding Anniversary cruise. And so far its come together for us very well in a short period of time. 

Its late Sunday night, and I dont think ill sleep until next Saturday. In fact we started to pack. i hope you dont think we are being childish,  just so excited to be so fortunate.  

Not at all - We are enjoying your excitement!  🙂 🙂 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Penguin11 said:

I think everyone here appreciates your enthusiasm, enjoy the cruise. 

21 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We have booked dozens of guarantee cabins and NEVER once got anything better than the category that was guaranteed. 

Anthem has probably the highest OV balcony cabin ratio in the whole fleet - the math works in your favor on a Quantum class ship, especially in low season and late in the selling cycle.

Edited by Biker19

12 hours ago, Penguin11 said:

Couldn’t be more excited for you. Have a wonderful trip. Only caveat - it will be hard going back, but worry about that later.