Elite cocktail hours extended...permanent change

ghstudio

37 minutes ago, ORV said:

I"m pretty sure on RCL that the 3 drinks on your card are not available in the restaurants. At least they weren't on Adventure a couple months ago. 

Also, was Celebrity ever unlimited at the Elite HH?

On Explorer of the Seas for TransPacific cruise in April and May you could order drinks in restaurants or the MDR.

49 minutes ago, ORV said:

I"m pretty sure on RCL that the 3 drinks on your card are not available in the restaurants. At least they weren't on Adventure a couple months ago. 

On Jewel of the Seas last December the 3 drinks were available in the MDR.

I don't know if the Elite drinks were officially unlimited but my observation was they did not limit them.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Just got off Anthem, and 3 drinks on seapass could be used in the MDR during the hours. Since we had late dining, didn't matter to us as HH ended at the time we were seated for late dining.

On Celebrity they did have unlimited drinks in the HH Lounge (Sky).  I guess they've done away with that from what I've been reading.  :classic_sad:

Edited by Wine-O

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't know if the Elite drinks were officially unlimited but my observation was they did not limit them.

Thanks for the info!  I just asked about Jewel and the 3 drinks in the MDR on the RCCL threads yesterday.

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Just off Allure.

Drinks available in MDR.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

I try to never look a gift horse in the mouth, so if this works out better for Celebrity, I will find a way to also make it work for me.  While I always thoroughly enjoyed the lounge before dinner every night, I don't think the new change will be bad.  I really love the idea of being able to enjoy my wine with dinner now instead of my pre-dinner cocktail.  I will kind of miss the yummy appetizers they served at the lounge but you surely won't see my starving while onboard.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I try to never look a gift horse in the mouth, so if this works out better for Celebrity, I will find a way to also make it work for me.  While I always thoroughly enjoyed the lounge before dinner every night, I don't think the new change will be bad.  I really love the idea of being able to enjoy my wine with dinner now instead of my pre-dinner cocktail.  I will kind of miss the yummy appetizers they served at the lounge but you surely won't see my starving while onboard.   

Why not go to the lounge before going to eat and have a drink and still have a another or two in the MDR with your meal. 

On Reflection TA now. Enjoying the option of using 3 drinks in any venue and as an 8pm diner appreciate the extended hours. Do agree with other poster that it would be nice to have time extended even further into the evening. 

Very pleased with this option.  For us, being able to get drinks in the MDR and bars is a plus.  On the last few cruises we did get a beverage package as the cost was so low it was silly not to.  But in the future we'll have to look at it to see if it's viable.  I always price the cruise without the packages to see what's the better deal for us.  

I don't drink alcohol but like unlimited good coffee, bottled water and soda but can do without as the coffee has gotten much better. We eat dinner early so we'll get to the dining room close to 5:30 or 6:00.  We have dinner, see the early show then have the rest of the evening to do whatever.....  Also, I like being hungry again later at night - lol.  On a late from port day we usually just do the buffet for dinner.

So for us, we'll have 6 drinks between us at dinner and the show, works perfect.  The only way we will use them all is to grab some water or soda for back in the room.  It also helps that my wife is fine with well drinks.  She has all the good stuff at home and doesn't like to pay for it on the ship.  Of course, she buys enough from the liquor store to make this a moot point - lol  This makes the beverage plan that much less attractive so we'll have to get a really good deal to make it worthwhile.  It's a lot cheaper to buy the occasional drink.

Thanks Celebrity

Even though I don't do alcohol, we have always selected a beverage package as part of our perks, mainly to reduce the hassle of signing for a couple of drinks with dinner for my husband.  We like this new arrangement, as it means we will likely choose a different perk like wi-fi or OBC instead of a beverage package, unless price for a sky suite is right then it becomes a moot point.   

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Why not go to the lounge before going to eat and have a drink and still have a another or two in the MDR with your meal. 

Did I misunderstand?  I thought the lounge was no longer going to be in play.  

If it is still open, that is exactly what I will be doing!  

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

You can get three drinks...if you want two in the sky lounge and one in the mdr, that’s fine.  The lounge s open to everyone, not just elites.

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

The lounge is still an option for elite and above for the HH gathering from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. You can use your drink vouchers there, at other bars and as reported in the MDR. You just can't exceed the three drinks that are preloaded on your Seapass card for the evening. Your option where you want to enjoy them. Now, will this change after each ship is Edged? My Magic 8 Ball say's "cannot predict now". 

Edited by davekathy

5 hours ago, ghstudio said:

The sky lounge is open open to everyone ... not limited to elites...on the reflection now. We have drinks with our friends who are not elite and they just pay for their drinks.

You must have a lot of elites and above on your cruise if the Sky Lounge is open to all. We've been on cruises where the Captains Club hostess has section off a section of the lounge for the elite HHs and the rest of the lounge has been open to everyone.

Edited by davekathy

We currently have 1500+ elites on the reflection...using electronic coupons on our card. Anyone can use the sky lounge...they take your card for every drink.  If you have an unused coupon on the card and you’ve ordered a drink on the elite drink menu, you aren’t charged.  It can get tricky when you ask for Tito’s instead of absolut or a Bloody Mary.  My advice is to get your drinks at the bar...not from the waiters especially if you want any variation from the menu....or a full drink, etc.  the folks behind the bar are much more flexible.

So I haven't seen a definite answer to the question of whether there is still an Elite HH in the lounge.  We didn't necessarily partake in the appetizers but it was a nice break to the day with good service.  I understand that the scan the card for the drinks so that part will change but after a day or two the staff got to know everyone's preferences and the service was more personalized and interactive.

We had a crew member bring our drinks to us on the first night before we ordered because he remembered our typical order from a previous sailing.  It was just a nice venue and feel.

19 minutes ago, cdbaum1 said:

So I haven't seen a definite answer to the question of whether there is still an Elite HH in the lounge.  We didn't necessarily partake in the appetizers but it was a nice break to the day with good service.  I understand that the scan the card for the drinks so that part will change but after a day or two the staff got to know everyone's preferences and the service was more personalized and interactive.

We had a crew member bring our drinks to us on the first night before we ordered because he remembered our typical order from a previous sailing.  It was just a nice venue and feel.

On our September 2018 Infinity cruise our HH events were still held in the Constellation Lounge from 5:00 to 7:00. The only thing that was different on that cruise from the past cruises was the three drinks loaded on the Seapass cards no matter where you had your drinks. 

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

The lounge is still an option for elite and above for the HH gathering from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. You can use your drink vouchers there, at other bars and as reported in the MDR. You just can't exceed the three drinks that are preloaded on your Seapass card for the evening. Your option where you want to enjoy them. Now, will this change after each ship is Edged? My Magic 8 Ball say's "cannot predict now". 

Well, this is just perfection!!  3 drinks ... plenty for me!  Thank you so much for your quick reply.