How many cruises have you been on?

JaiJae

We began cruising in 1996 aboard the Carnival Fantasy. We now have 23 cruises under our belt, with one coming up in April aboard the Allure of the Seas, (our 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise). We have thoroughly enjoyed all of our Carnival cruises, but some relatives asked us to join them on this cruise.

We have been on 12 starting in 2002 for our 25th anniversary. They include 3 on Carnival, 3 on Princess, 2 on Holland America, 2 on Royal Caribbean, and 2 on Norwegian. The best was a Baltic cruise on Princess for our 30th anniversary in 2007.

Just completed cruise number nine (9). Nine for Nine on Carnival. One of my closest friends finally cruised with me in '16 on the Glory and with me on this years Horizon 8 night cruise. She now has the bug. As a matter of fact, spur of the moment she's going solo on the Norwegian Pearl for a 2 week Panama Canal cruise this Sunday. Wish I could go with but those two factors time and $$$. Champagne taste on a Lager Beer Pocket book.

The moment we stepped into the atrium on our first cruise in 2010.....

......we were both immediately smitten and knew this wouldn’t be our only cruise. 

‘We looked at each with huge smiles & said, ohhh, yeahhhh.......

#8 is in Feb 2019. 

1 on RCCL

1 on Norwegian 

5 on Carnival with the 6th up next. ‘

Always Dreaming of Floating.......

Edited by silvercrikhix

I can't even imagine being able to afford such a luxurious vacation so often!  What I'm scared about is taking my first cruise next February(which we've been planning and paying toward for over a year)and then becoming addicted and making the poor decision to do more(rather than you know, home improvements and stuff lol)!!!

27 minutes ago, Crazy4Camping said:

I can't even imagine being able to afford such a luxurious vacation so often!  What I'm scared about is taking my first cruise next February(which we've been planning and paying toward for over a year)and then becoming addicted and making the poor decision to do more(rather than you know, home improvements and stuff lol)!!!

We try to cruise once a year, and we are living on a retirement budget. It can be done. First of all, for several years even before retiring, I made a “vacation fund”, and I treat that just as any other monthly bill—depositing money into it. Granted I had more to deposit when we were working, but with that fund we are able to cruise once a year in an inside cabin. Nothing luxurious. But it gets us on a cruise, and that’s all that’s important. I once found myself feeling a bit envious when I’d read posts by people booking Suites for their special occasions, but I had to tell myself, be thankful you are on a ship. So, with that said, I will be sailing for my 50th Anniversary in an inside cabin in 2020, and loving every minute of it! And, god willing, there will be many more with my love, as long as I keep squirreling away my money every single month without fail. Treat it as a bill, not as a luxury.

• Like 3