Diamond Plus boarding gifts

PCWalton1

We usually get 4-6 bottles of water and 2 Cokes......nothing else except those darn chocolate covered strawberrries.

The beach towels have been on our list for several years.....nada...nothing.....those days of expecting something from the list is gone ! Congratulations to those that expect or actually get anything.

I don't even feel at this point it's worth the call to RCI.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

We usually get 4-6 bottles of water and 2 Cokes......nothing else except those darn chocolate covered strawberrries.

Don't call RCI - go to the LA on board, they'll fix it much quicker.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

The beach towels have been on our list for several years.....nada...nothing.....those days of expecting something from the list is gone ! Congratulations to those that expect or actually get anything.

Once onboard, you can visit the LA if there is a problem getting what you have chosen.  We have had the wrong wine a couple of times. A quick visit to the LA and voila, the correct wine was delivered!

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

Holy crap, just realized Pinnacles get THREE gifts per week-long cruise.  I think SuperMario is paying for his cruises by selling tote bags and beach towels on ebay!  LOL

from what I am reading because we have more than 525 points now, we also get 3 gifts on 7 night cruises.  I have to call and get my amenities changed for our Allure cruise in December

Edited by karena1

12 hours ago, steveru621 said:

We used to get 6 bottles of water.  That .pdf says only two?

Doesn't make any sense.  On our 12 nite Medit. a few years ago, we were surprised that we found 8 bottles of Evian upon boarding.  Had to ask our cabin steward if we had to pay for them as many of us know RCL used to display water bottles for pay.  Found out later that some were from the L.A. and others from the Concierge.

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Always get our stuff and sometimes more.  My problem is the chilled wine sweats all over the counter, and we have no idea how long the cheese had been sitting out.  

9 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

I just took a look at the link posted earlier in this thread, it is incomplete.  At the 525 level there are a number of different wines that can be suppled with the fruit plate.  I believe there is also a cheese assortment.   

Wines with baskets listed on right side of 525 list.  We cancelled all those since we never ate them.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Wines with baskets listed on right side of 525 list.  We cancelled all those since we never ate them.

I see that now.  I just changed to the fruit and wine for our next trip and we will see how that goes.  I expect we may change it by the 3rd or 4th week.

Looking forward to seeing you and LaLa in about 5 weeks.  Depending on how thing work out we may have an abundance of WZ by the time you board.  

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this list.  I've only sailed once as D+ and got a bottle of wine and a beer, which was nice.  So if I call C&A I can chose beach towel or slippers instead of the bottle of wine?  

Are there any pictures of towels/slippers?  Is the beach towel nice to have, long?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, CP3o said:

Thanks for posting this list.  I've only sailed once as D+ and got a bottle of wine and a beer, which was nice.  So if I call C&A I can chose beach towel or slippers instead of the bottle of wine?  

Are there any pictures of towels/slippers?  Is the beach towel nice to have, long?  Thanks.

The towel is better than the slippers. 

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

The towel is better than the slippers. 

I agree  slippers not so good

Has anyone successfully updated their list via email?  Tried calling yesterday to do it and was put on hold after telling him by picks. Hung up after 10 minutes.

21 hours ago, molly361 said:

I agree  slippers not so good

Has anyone successfully updated their list via email?  Tried calling yesterday to do it and was put on hold after telling him by picks. Hung up after 10 minutes.

Asked a few months ago on the phone what my picks are, since I could no longer see them or choose them online.  I also apologized to the rep for taking her time up to do that...she said she was happy to do it for me.  But I think RCI shot themselves in the foot by taking that option out for doing it ourselves online.  Really don't like the "new and improved" website.  Gets worse every time they "improve" it.  😞 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

Asked a few months ago on the phone what my picks are, since I could no longer see them or choose them online.  I also apologized to the rep for taking her time up to do that...she said she was happy to do it for me.  But I think RCI shot themselves in the foot by taking that option out for doing it ourselves online.  Really don't like the "new and improved" website.  Gets worse every time they "improve" it.  😞 

Sounds like another website we use. :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Sounds like another website we use. :classic_biggrin:

LOL!!  Yeah.  😮   Why do companies take a website that works perfectly well, no problems, and is user friendly...then change it into a complicated nightmare?  Tech Demons at work, gleefully rubbing their hands together and cackling hysterically at our frustrations.  😈😆

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  Yeah.  😮   Why do companies take a website that works perfectly well, no problems, and is user friendly...then change it into a complicated nightmare?  Tech Demons at work, gleefully rubbing their hands together and cackling hysterically at our frustrations.  😈😆

Yep. Job security.