New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

1 hour ago, aflyingbuttress said:

North Star was included. Bumper cars were not. 

Thank you for the information.

We purchased it for our party of 4, mainly for the priority embarkation and debarkation in port, as well as the internet. Our cruise isn’t until August so we have time to see if it’s worth it and if we’ll keep it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zooma said:

We are in the same boat -- literally -- a week or so after you, but also with regard to the Key. In fact, we had already purchased it  but now will cancel unless we hear reports of better experiences with reserved seats. We were primarily looking forward to not having to arrive 30-45 minutes early for shows. It sounds like they might not be making the reserved sections large enough to accommodate all those with reservations. Or maybe they're not confirming that everyone in the Key area does actually belong there. Seems that if you make a Key reservation for 2, they should have some way of guaranteeing you 2 decent seats together. (Frankly, they should probably be able to do this for larger reserved groups too, but I understand it might get complicated.) If they iron out some of these issues, we would reconsider and keep the Key. Appreciate hearing others' actual experiences in the coming weeks.

you might want to keep your reservation as it may sell out for your cruise. You can always cancel closer to your sail date. You can cancel up to 72 hours prior to your cruise.

If you bought this earlier when it said you did not have to make reservations for the shows and such. I would just bring that print out as to what you were buying and how it was stated and the day you purchased the Key before they made the switch.

If they don't honor it on the ship...............then they should just refund the entire money for the package.....................I assumed they di not email anyone who purchased the Key prior to this switch.....so they better honor what you bought or give your money back.

If they don't send you an email of the switch in the wording, then I would consider they have to honor the earlier version.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If you bought this earlier when it said you did not have to make reservations for the shows and such. I would just bring that print out as to what you were buying and how it was stated and the day you purchased the Key before they made the switch.

If they don't honor it on the ship...............then they should just refund the entire money for the package.....................I assumed they di not email anyone who purchased the Key prior to this switch.....so they better honor what you bought or give your money back.

If they don't send you an email of the switch in the wording, then I would consider they have to honor the earlier version.

Except that in the Terms and Conditions there is this, as most companies do, and this is also in the T&Cs of most things you order in the planner:

Offer is subject to availability and changes without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. 

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Except that in the Terms and Conditions there is this, as most companies do, and this is also in the T&Cs of most things you order in the planner:

Offer is subject to availability and changes without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. 

Yeah that works on some people..............  They will have to do more then whip  that clause out to satisfy me though. I bought  knowing what was offered, why should I have to go back and look at again, they change the offer, they better email me or call me of the change and reduce the price.

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you really believe what you posted???  Or do you just have that as a back up plan?:classic_blink:

I hav never had a problem with booking things in the cruise planner, as I am willing to use it.  I don’t find it particularly onerous.  

jc

6 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

you might want to keep your reservation as it may sell out for your cruise. You can always cancel closer to your sail date. You can cancel up to 72 hours prior to your cruise.

Yes, you are right. Especially because they could very well switch up the terms and conditions again! And if they don't change them for the better ... we will cancel before the 3-day window. Not a real biggie for us as we already have UDP and priority suite boarding and would be buying VOOM -- we were really primarily interested bc of the convenient show seating. 

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Do you really believe what you posted???  Or do you just have that as a back up plan?:classic_blink:

I hav never had a problem with booking things in the cruise planner, as I am willing to use it.  I don’t find it particularly onerous.  

jc

I will not be reserving any shows pre-cruise or onboard, when we go to a show it's just decided that night depending on what else we are doing or how we feel. That was one of the reasons for buying the Key. Either they make an exception or they refund all our money onboard or we will deal with it once we are back home with RCCL customer service.

It's not difficult, RCCL should have thought more into this new program before making out the list of items that were included.

I know what I bought and expect to receive it onboard. Simple as that.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I will not be reserving any shows pre-cruise or onboard, when we go to a show it's just decided that night depending on what else we are doing or how we feel. That was one of the reasons for buying the Key. Either they make an exception or they refund all our money onboard or we will deal with it once we are back home with RCCL customer service.

It's not difficult, RCCL should have thought more into this new program before making out the list of items that were included.

You've been around on these boards long enough to know that Royal doesn’t work like that.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just cancel if you feel so strongly. No one is forcing you to keep it. I also purchased it with the original wording but I understand it is a new program and things might change as they see what works and what doesn't. You will only stress yourself, your significant other, your family and innocent crew members who have nothing to do with the policy and you might end up NOT seeing the shows that you want to see. Easy way to ruin your cruise experience. Why NOT be proactive and assertive as opposed to aggressive and call and express your views to a Royal Caribbean customer service rep prior to your cruise. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 3:41 PM, Ralphinsc said:

Rec-checked the terms for my Symphony sailing on 4/6 and they added Jaime's and require reservatrions in advance for shows now. 

Also, it was sold out for a good while but is currently available again.

Perhaps people are canceling? Or they are just adding more spots based on actually seeing it on the cruises. 

44 minutes ago, cre8tiv said:

Perhaps people are canceling? Or they are just adding more spots based on actually seeing it on the cruises. 

I fear it may be the latter.  Now that they have added Giovanni's/Jaimie's as a choice for dining it seems to me that they might be expanding this program beyond it's original scope.  

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I fear it may be the latter.  Now that they have added Giovanni's/Jaimie's as a choice for dining it seems to me that they might be expanding this program beyond it's original scope.  

I doubt it - the 100 per ship currently being sold makes Chops too busy - plus the other venues are cheaper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I doubt it - the 100 per ship currently being sold makes Chops too busy - plus the other venues are cheaper.

I agree, Chops capacity for a seated lunch on an Oasis Class ship is 80 (Total Capacity 100 with staggered dinner) and Jamie's is 80 for seated lunch (70 for Giovannis). With guests outside The Key who planned on eating at Chops for lunch on embarkation day make the restaurant crowded so another option is suggested and if it goes over 100 for The Key it won't be much. I plan to arrive early for my sailing as I have The Key and wish to dine at Chops.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I totally agree. Count me in on all you are stating and are planning to do. They can't expect us to keep checking for any changes, after they decide they profit more from these changes, and after we already purchased. It's not like this is due to inclement weather!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbc cruiser said:

I totally agree. Count me in on all you are stating and are planning to do. They can't expect us to keep checking for any changes, after they decide they profit more from these changes, and after we already purchased. It's not like this is due to inclement weather!

I agree. Has anyone actually complained to Royal about the changes? I think we all need to be pro active and complain about the reservation part they changed to the shows. It was a major selling point for the Key program for the majority of us. Wankers.

I think you all need to form a union and go on strike.  Good lord, everything is a fight to the death....

If vacations are this stressful for you folks do the rest of us a favor and stay the heck home.

just thinking out loud,  YMMV

jc

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I think you all need to form a union and go on strike.  Good lord, everything is a fight to the death....

If vacations are this stressful for you folks do the rest of us a favor and stay the heck home.

jc

Lol you are the loudest one of all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

I totally agree with you. I just hope I don't encounter any of these angry folks on my cruise. Who knew that this would trigger so much angst!

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The original iteration of the program did require reservations, though. Then they tried it without and now they're trying with again. I agree they should have emailed everyone that purchased an updated version of the terms and I was looking forward to not making reservations, but in the scheme of things it's not really a big deal. 

It's a new program I'm choosing to enroll in by choice so I expect to be somewhat of a guinea pig. And it's not like any of us are locked into the program. It would be one thing if it was non refundable, but that's not the case. 

Also, you are just making things purposefully difficult for the crew if you have enough notice to reserve shows (not sure when your cruise is).

But to deliberately not follow the new stipulations and then demand compensation for a totally optional service just seems like you're trying to start something.

Edited by Zee890
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Zee890 said:

The original iteration of the program did require reservations, though. Then they tried it without and now they're trying with again. I agree they should have emailed everyone that purchased an updated version of the terms and I was looking forward to not making reservations, but in the scheme of things it's not really a big deal. 

It's a new program I'm choosing to enroll in by choice so I expect to be somewhat of a guinea pig. And it's not like any of us are locked into the program. It would be one thing if it was non refundable, but that's not the case. 

Also, you are just making things purposefully difficult for the crew if you have enough notice to reserve shows (not sure when your cruise is).

But to deliberately not follow the new stipulations and then demand compensation for a totally optional service just seems like you're trying to start something.

Ding Ding Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!:classic_laugh:

jc

• Like 1