D+ Benefits Reduced?

JMG

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can not compare the 2 ships.

Anthem has a D lounge and a C lounge.

Allure has a D lounge and a suite lounge.  Allure does not have a C lounge.

Ships have one or the other no ship has both concierge and suite , but that would make everyone happy

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can not compare the 2 ships.

Anthem has a D lounge and a C lounge.

Allure has a D lounge and a suite lounge.  Allure does not have a C lounge.

I wasn't comparing, but making a factual statement.

13 hours ago, nelblu said:

On Anthem August sail, D+ were allowed in both the D & C lounges.  On the April Allure sail they were allowed only in the D lounge.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

I wasn't comparing, but making a factual statement.

Seemed to me like you were comparing.  

Given that hat you didn’t explain the reasons why you were only allowed in the D lounge on Allure it also left your post vague.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I guess that even though I am a Diamond Plus cruiser, I had/have no interest in going to the Concierge Lounge after Royal Caribbean set up Diamond Lounges.  I don't have the need to have someone cater to me or have someone make all my reservations etc.

I do; however, wish that those in suites would stick to the Suite Lounge, even if Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle as the ships I sail have full Diamond Lounges and having those from suites sit there for hours means I might not have a place to sit and enjoy fellow members.  I realize that my opinion is not one that most will agree,  especially Royal Caribbean and they make the rules.  Oh well!

You do realize the DL concierge does the same things the CL concierge does, right?     The job is basically the same for both and from contract to contract they can move between the two.

22 minutes ago, BND said:

You do realize the DL concierge does the same things the CL concierge does, right?     The job is basically the same for both and from contract to contract they can move between the two.

Yes, I do realize they both offer the same.   My gripe is really with the ships with a Suite Lounge where those in suites still use the Diamond Lounge because they are also Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle.  As I said, I don't have any control over that, but it is disheartening to go into the DL and find no where to sit because many from suites are there for the entire cocktail hours. I do realize also, that suite passengers are not the only ones sitting in the lounge the entire time.

I have not sailed on a ship with a Concierge Lounge in years as we sail on Oasis class ships all the time now.  On Allure it's totally packed at the start of the Happy Hour and many of the cruisers stay until 8PM when they go to late seating.  Most times I just use my 3 drink coupons at the Trellis Bar or with dinner.  Soon I will be sailing on Harmony and will see if it is the same there.

I know this is Royal Caribbean's decision and there is nothing I can do about it. I guess I just wanted to complain.

15 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Just to be clear, D+ can use the suite lounge if they are in a suite. 

And is the reason the DH has to dig deeper into the wallet on the ships with an SL...for now anyway.  😉 

Edited by island lady

17 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Yes, I do realize they both offer the same.   My gripe is really with the ships with a Suite Lounge where those in suites still use the Diamond Lounge because they are also Diamond/Diamond Plus/Pinnacle.  As I said, I don't have any control over that, but it is disheartening to go into the DL and find no where to sit because many from suites are there for the entire cocktail hours. I do realize also, that suite passengers are not the only ones sitting in the lounge the entire time.

I have not sailed on a ship with a Concierge Lounge in years as we sail on Oasis class ships all the time now.  On Allure it's totally packed at the start of the Happy Hour and many of the cruisers stay until 8PM when they go to late seating.  Most times I just use my 3 drink coupons at the Trellis Bar or with dinner.  Soon I will be sailing on Harmony and will see if it is the same there.

I know this is Royal Caribbean's decision and there is nothing I can do about it. I guess I just wanted to complain.

With the newer ships adding so many varieties and numbers of new suites....IMHO it made sense to add the new suites lounge for those numerous pax.  However, as more and more of my fellow baby boomers are retiring and cruising more...it would have been nice to leave the CL intact.  On Oasis, they turned the old CL into the DL and tore out the existing former DL.  This naturally caused more crowding to put those higher numbers in just one lounge now on a large ship with larger upper tier C&A members.  Harmony is worse...that DL is very tiny.  

We just got off the Adventure last Sunday, 11/4/18.  The ship has a Suite Lounge and a Diamond Lounge, so as D+ we went to the DL.  It was completely jammed every single night on our 8 night cruise, and the Viking Crown was used as an "informal" overflow lounge.  I would say from the appetizer dishes on the tables in the Viking Crown, about 60% of the people were D, D+, or Pinnacle.  I felt a little sorry for the Viking Crown bar staff, cleaning up after everyone, and I hope management was compensating them in some way.  They got very few drink orders from 4:30 - 8pm, as everyone would go into the DL, get their drinks, and bring them (and their appetizers) out to the Viking Crown.  It was not a good solution, IMO.

The Suite Lounge, by the way, was mostly empty every night.  On formal nights it was full, but other nights there were about 12 people in there.  I don't care if they have a separate lounge:  they paid the big bucks, so they should get it. 

I just think RCCL's ship management should be more responsible about D, D+, and Pinnacle happy hour.  If it's too crowded, then establish an overflow lounge.  I'm hoping the HUGE amount of tips the DL staff were getting every night (very large tip jar on the drink station table) was being shared with the Viking Crown staff.