ANYONE ELSE PROBLEM WITH MOBILE APP

I haven't been able to use the mobile app for a while.  I try to log in and it says LOG IN FAIL THE OPERATION COULDN'T BE COMPLETED (FORUM SSO ERROR 2).

I know I'm using the right username and password since I signed in on my laptop to post.  I've deleted app and downloaded again and still get the same message.

Anyone else dealing with this issue or know how to resolve?

5 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

I haven't been able to use the mobile app for a while.  I try to log in and it says LOG IN FAIL THE OPERATION COULDN'T BE COMPLETED (FORUM SSO ERROR 2).

I know I'm using the right username and password since I signed in on my laptop to post.  I've deleted app and downloaded again and still get the same message.

Anyone else dealing with this issue or know how to resolve?

When Cruise Critic switched to the new forum software a few weeks ago they stopped supporting the mobile app. 

I miss the app.  I find I don't get on here as much anymore.  It's difficult to view on the phone whereas the app was great.  I loved getting a notification on my phone when someone replied to a post I was following and would log in all the time to read.  And the tab for participated threads was terrific.  I miss things now as it's too time consuming to go back through looking.  Now I'm lucky if I log in once a week or less.  It's just too hard.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

^ some weirdness is happening once in a while - seemed to be offline for about 20 min earlier today.

They added a jump to feature but it seems half baked from the way it worked in the old software. I can’t jump to directly to other boards, have to drill thru categories but I will take it over nothing. 

Edited by Charles4515

I gave up trying to use my phone for CC. It's time consuming and battery draining with loading pages and signing in and it doesn't work well with Public Wifi.  The Web version was much more user friendly back in 2008 when I would access it from my Blackberry.  It was mentioned on another APP thread that they were working on a new APP.

13 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

idk why but I feel this forum is less active without the app maybe Im wrong but I login when I need something but IM not really active as before

I don’t think it’s your imagination. The amount of activity (my own included) appears to be at an all time low. It’s just too mich of a hassle

to come here as often as I used to; obviously it is for others too. 

Still issues with it logging me out of Chrome on laptop

Definitely much less activity than before.  You only need to look at the time stamps on the firstpage.. It used to be updated every few minutes, now there can be an hour or more between posts (unless it is one about tipping lol...!)

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, little britain said:

Still issues with it logging me out of Chrome on laptop

Definitely much less activity than before.  You only need to look at the time stamps on the firstpage.. It used to be updated every few minutes, now there can be an hour or more between posts (unless it is one about tipping lol...!)

The issue  is the new and improved 2000 edition of cruise critic. There is a sticky posted on the site saying they are having issues with keeping people logged in. Their  solution for now is to log out when you are done then long back in when you want to go back in. It hink the new version is comparable with the commodre 64 computer  and the bag phones.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

I think the slow down was their intent, less work to monitor and maintain but they can act like they are still providing a service. 

I doubt it. 

My impression is that they might be running the site on the cheap. That is why the technical issues. Don't have any idea of their revenue but they might have to. We don't pay directly for the site. 

Edited by Charles4515

14 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I doubt it. 

My impression is that they might be running the site on the cheap. That is why the technical issues. Don't have any idea of their revenue but they might have to. We don't pay directly for the site. 

Poorly worded on my part but that's what I meant. They did it on the cheap to cut costs knowing they would lose feature and possibly users  but cut overhead on what is essentially a free site. 

There also seems to be less live reviews. My guess is it is too slow and tedious to use the mobile web. If I have problems at home with my high speed wifi I can't imagine what it's like on the ships wifi with many users tapping in to the same wifi service. I was looking forward to doing a live but I won't even attempt it unless they develop an APP by the time I sail in June. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

There also seems to be less live reviews. My guess is it is too slow and tedious to use the mobile web. If I have problems at home with my high speed wifi I can't imagine what it's like on the ships wifi with many users tapping in to the same wifi service. I was looking forward to doing a live but I won't even attempt it unless they develop an APP by the time I sail in June. 

I'm following three lives now, well 2 just finished, and the posters seem fine, but participation seems down.

I'll try a Live from Enchantment next weekend