Ship to Replace Anthem in Bayonne

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Boston would need the infrastructure to handle Oasis type passenger numbers.

How did cape liberty operate 5 years and before that with just tents. They had freedom class ships with just tents. I’m amussuming the current terminal can accommodate the load. What are the requirements for oasis anyway. Cape liberty was not designed for oasis, so what separates it and allows it to accommodate 1,000 more passengers.

2 minutes ago, piescruises said:

How did cape liberty operate 5 years and before that with just tents. They had freedom class ships with just tents. I’m amussuming the current terminal can accommodate the load. What are the requirements for oasis anyway. Cape liberty was not designed for oasis, so what separates it and allows it to accommodate 1,000 more passengers.

How do you know they weren't thinking of bringing an Oasis class ship to Port Liberty when they designed it?  

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Is it smaller?

they both appear to be bigger and both were built with mega-ships in mind. Bayonne’s only a little bit smaller, but with royal caribbean’s new check in system it could work. The problem I have with RC saying the oasis is going to bayonne is not hearing of any agreements or changes considering oasis to be certified to go to bayonne.

Let's just face it; we are just a bunch of dopes who take cruises.  Royal Caribbean is a 30 billion dollar company with 70,000 employees.  I can pretty much guarantee they have crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's even though they haven't sent personal messages about their deliberations, research and planning to us dopes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sunfun68 said:

Let's just face it; we are just a bunch of dopes who take cruises.  Royal Caribbean is a 30 billion dollar company with 70,000 employees.  I can pretty much guarantee they have crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's even though they haven't sent personal messages about their deliberations, research and planning to us dopes.

You always here about the negotiations for oasis new homeport not here. They’ve done their research, but why would this kind of event be different. Oasis ain’t any old cruise ship requires lots of planning especially in new york.

9 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Nothing is that beautiful. 

I resent that. I lived in Bayonne for over 50 years.  There are some really nice areas and some great restaurants - most of all really nice people come from there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1