Ship to Replace Anthem in Bayonne

6 minutes ago, piescruises said:

Yes, there has been zero reports of the impact and planning for this ship prior to this announcement.

Did it make the news when the Adventure (3,000 pax)  was replaced by Liberty (4,000 pax)  which was replaced by Anthem (5,000 pax)? 

You seem less than enthusiastic that Oasis is within driving distance.  Why? 

11 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Boy I did not see all the pissing and moaning going on here tonight. I'm from Jersey, I only sail from Jersey so I'm beyond excited.

I think the moaning is limited to a minority.  Most seem excited. 

Itinerary is less than ideal. All the more reason to stay on the ship. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Boy I did not see all the pissing and moaning going on here tonight. I'm from Jersey, I only sail from Jersey so I'm beyond excited.

I don't like the itinerary but Oasis Class is really the ship, not the ports. I am going on Harmony in January, Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel. Not really going for the ports. So  think Royal has made a smart business decision. Coco Cay will have a dock then. I would consider booking Oasis out of Bayonne. I did NCL Breakaway on almost the same itinerary out of NYC except of course to their private island and I would do Oasis any time over NCL. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

I resent that. I lived in Bayonne for over 50 years.  There are some really nice areas and some great restaurants - most of all really nice people come from there.

No doubt. All true. 

But you must admit,  for those that travel to Cape Liberty only see the more industrial side. 

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Exactly, ideal itinerary does not really matter as much with Oasis Class. The ship is the destination. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Did it make the news when the Adventure (3,000 pax)  was replaced by Liberty (4,000 pax)  which was replaced by Anthem (5,000 pax)? 

You seem less than enthusiastic that Oasis is within driving distance.  Why? 

I’m happy but I’ve already been on her she’s a great ship. It made the news when oasis went to pc. Anthem made the news. But why would they wait 10 years?

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

There is only so much a ship from NJ can do. I think of the ship as the destination so I am all good here. I cannot tell you how excited I am, and the family as well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, piescruises said:

I’m happy but I’ve already been on her she’s a great ship. It made the news when oasis went to pc. Anthem made the news. But why would they wait 10 years?

I expect it probably will make the news. As for why wait.....they now have more Oasis Class ships they can deploy than 10 years ago. 

Edited by Charles4515

I've been skimming this thread and noticed concerns about height.  Just note that QM2 is 236.2 ft above the water line and the Oasis is 236 ft.  QM2 routinely sails into NY harbour.  Yes overall the ship is smaller, but terminal in Brooklyn is also smaller.  Manhattan terminals have terrible traffic patterns but I have seen 4 ships in at the same time.  They can make it work. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

I resent that. I lived in Bayonne for over 50 years.  There are some really nice areas and some great restaurants - most of all really nice people come from there.

Oasis to Bayonne??? 

I read on this board that Royal only exiled ships to Bayonne and I read Oasis "wouldn't be coming to(Beautiful and Gorgeous) Bayonne anytime soon" earlier in this thread. Just can't believe all the fake news circulating.  Can we hire an attorney to stop all these lies, this "witch hunt" of Bayonne???😂

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Don't let the 2 or so moaners bother you.  Think of it as entertainment though they do have a good routine down sort of like Edgar Bergen and his dummy! 😊

22 minutes ago, piescruises said:

Watch this video skip to 11 minutes that is why the funnels are raised. same result if lowered. I’m just shocked and don’t think this possible. BTW 236.2 of qm2 measurement also includes her draft.

The Danish bridge she went under with funnel retracted is the same height as the Verrazano. They had to go full speed. Ships sit deeper the faster they go. 

Edited by Charles4515

I was just at Next Cruise on the Vision.

After getting the information about the Oasis - which I have cruised on several times, plus her two younger sisters (Symphony scheduled but not yet sailed) - I booked the Anthem for January 2020.

I book obstructed view balcony cabins on the Anthem, solo.  Those January cruises average about $140 per night.  They go to some nice Caribbean islands:  St Kitts, St Lucia, San Juan Puerto Rico & St Maarten.

I priced the Oasis for the summer of 2020, after kids are back in school.  (September & October).  Every cruise after the first 4 night in early May is a 7 night Bahamas itinerary.  😛 Solo in a Boardwalk balcony?  $280 a night.  DOUBLE.  I think not.

29 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I was just at Next Cruise on the Vision.

After getting the information about the Oasis - which I have cruised on several times, plus her two younger sisters (Symphony scheduled but not yet sailed) - I booked the Anthem for January 2020.

I book obstructed view balcony cabins on the Anthem, solo.  Those January cruises average about $140 per night.  They go to some nice Caribbean islands:  St Kitts, St Lucia, San Juan Puerto Rico & St Maarten.

I priced the Oasis for the summer of 2020, after kids are back in school.  (September & October).  Every cruise after the first 4 night in early May is a 7 night Bahamas itinerary.  😛 Solo in a Boardwalk balcony?  $280 a night.  DOUBLE.  I think not.

I booked one in May, only because I want to try the ship at least once.  $300/night boardwalk balcony - even with the 150% solo rate.  I'm hoping there are "a lot" of price drops.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

I can’t wrap my head around that booking strategy- you want a certain cabin so bad that you are not willing to wait for the drop ( which may never come)?

Exactly, the price may never go lower.  No, it's not wanting a certain cabin.  If it's a cruise I'm sure I want to go on, I'll book when it is first released, and check for price drops.  On most of my cruises, the price when it was first released, never went lower. If the price does go lower, I call and get the lower price. Either way it's a win.  Bonus is getting a great cabin.