Ship to Replace Anthem in Bayonne

4 minutes ago, FIRELT5 said:

Just outright crazy pricing for 7nt Voyages on the Oasis. The Anthem had much better pricing.

They have to pay for those fancy retractable smokestacks somehow

. Plus make up for the two months should be out of service undergoing her amplification

Edited by HBE4

40 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I'm looking for the New England Canada cruises out of Bayonne..  I want to see what options there are with the Quebec run in 2020. No idea what's going on with this unless the Adventure is going to repeat their current routes?

Oasis has two Canada cruises, a 4 day and a 6 day.  The 6 day is a NE/Canada with Portland.

3 minutes ago, piescruises said:

Did they get official approval to bring oasis to New York Harbor with approval to go under the bridge? Have they tested the funnel retraction to the point that it’s safe to use for normal operation and not ferrying? 

I would think so. It seems to be a done deal, she's coming to Bayonne

8 minutes ago, piescruises said:

is the cape liberty cruiseport equipped for extra passenger traffic? Will the smoke be away from the passengers when the funnel is lowered as designed? Royal should be sure before they made this decision.

Why do you think that they have not thought this through.  I’m sure that they have spent the last 6-12 months planning this

Oh my God I'm so excited about this! So excited! I do not fly so I thought I'd never sail on an Oasis class ship but WE WILL be booking a cruise on Oasis. Really love the Central park balcony video we just watched. I am so beyond excited. I mean I am just freaking out. I down played it the last few days in this thread because I didn't want to get my hopes up only to be crushed but I am just freaking out. Thank you RCI!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I would think so. It seems to be a done deal, she's coming to Bayonne

If it’s a done deal then why did we not hear any confirmation or talks about this in the headlines and certification. This is a big deal to announce that the largest class of ships is coming to bayonne. Usually the ports build terminals for this type of ship. Wouldn’t they need approval from city council for the extra traffic. How come we didn’t here anything about the approvals needed. 

3 minutes ago, piescruises said:

If it’s a done deal then why did we not hear any confirmation or talks about this in the headlines and certification. This is a big deal to announce that the largest class of ships is coming to bayonne. Usually the ports build terminals for this type of ship. Wouldn’t they need approval from city council for the extra traffic. How come we didn’t here anything about the approvals needed. 

They wouldn’t release an entire season worth of itineraries if it wasn’t a done deal.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why do you think that they have not thought this through.  I’m sure that they have spent the last 6-12 months planning this

Then why wasn’t this ever in the news before this last week, wouldn’t someone reported a community board hearing about the extra traffic oasis creates. There was no report on any special approvals for the oasis to go to bayonne. they have thought this through, but why didn’t we hear any news on this till now because of the special approvals required for this class are needed to operate with funnel retracted. 

Just now, piescruises said:

Then why wasn’t this ever in the news before this last week, wouldn’t someone reported a community board hearing about the extra traffic oasis creates. There was no report on any special approvals for the oasis to go to bayonne. they have thought this through, but why didn’t we hear any news on this till now because of the special approvals required for this class are needed to operate with funnel retracted. 

You are in denial.  

Who said there are soecial approvsls need to operate the stacks and if and if there are who says they weren’t obtained. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FIRELT5 said:

Just outright crazy pricing for 7nt Voyages on the Oasis. The Anthem had much better pricing.

I agree there is no way I would pay those prices to go to Florida. I would rather book a flight to Florida and sail a better itinerary on another line.   

• Like 1

I'll probably book an Oasis for May and September/October, then go back to Anthem.

I was hoping that Anthem would go back to her 2019 winter schedule with 3 12 night cruises. January, February & March.  I don't like the 3 - 11 night cruises all in January.  The 12 night again comes back too close to Christmas.

35 minutes ago, piescruises said:

Have they tested the funnel retraction to the point that it’s safe to use for normal operation and not ferrying? 

Kinda hard to test something that doesn't exist - the retraction function is supposed to be subject of her dry dock fall 2019.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They wouldn’t release an entire season worth of itineraries if it wasn’t a done deal.

Why wouldn’t this make the news about the approvals. Why didn’t they announce that this would be happening. We should’ve heard something before this. I don’t know why they would release the itineraries, but why was there no headlines of a deal bringing this ship to ny harbor. why would there be know headlines about the regular lowering of funnels and sea trials of how the constant operation under bridges puts on the ship.

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is anyone else noticing that Harmony and Oasis are no longer showing up for 2021.

Oasis won't be sailing from NJ in the winter of 2021.  Just Anthem.

Edited by gaylemh

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Kinda hard to test something that doesn't exist - the retraction function is supposed to be subject of her dry dock fall 2019.

Why would royal schedule the ship going under a bridge before proving the technology for the use? What would royal do if the tech was not approved for regular operation?