Revolution Balconies

gordylad

so I am looking at a picture of a balcony stateroom once the revolution refit takes place....am I right in saying that ships [other than edge] will still have a balcony to sit outside whereby the edge has the infinity balcony type thing which is part of your room [personally I don't like the idea].

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/the-celebrity-revolution/accommodation/

I suspect that infinite verandas will be limited to Edge-class ships and above. Converting all would involve a significant structural change to the ship.

Having said that, I believe Celebrity retrofitted a few infinite verandas on Solstice-class ships in order to test out the concept.

Edited by MightyMike

7 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

I suspect that infinite verandas will be limited to Edge-class ships and above. Converting all would involve a significant structural change to the ship.

Having said that, I believe Celebrity retrofitted a few infinite verandas on Solstice-class ships in order to test out the concept.

They added one to Connie not sure about an S class. 

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

so I am looking at a picture of a balcony stateroom once the revolution refit takes place....am I right in saying that ships [other than edge] will still have a balcony to sit outside whereby the edge has the infinity balcony type thing which is part of your room [personally I don't like the idea].

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/the-celebrity-revolution/accommodation/

Depiction of the outdoor balc staterom is so nice...same designer as EDGE but EDGE staterooms seem so gray and sparse!  Hoping they keep the reg balcs..

Not happy  with having an enclosed balc in AQ class on our next cruise...but that's all they have with AQ class on EDGE,

Someone on one of the live blogs saw a presentation regarding the refit.  I believe he said that the "M" class will have the infinity balcony.  Those ships are getting all staterooms updated (replaced from what he said).  "S" class I'm real sure will only get cosmetic stateroom changes like decor and furniture.

20 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Someone on one of the live blogs saw a presentation regarding the refit.  I believe he said that the "M" class will have the infinity balcony.  Those ships are getting all staterooms updated (replaced from what he said).  "S" class I'm real sure will only get cosmetic stateroom changes like decor and furniture.

If that’s the plan, which I truly hope it isn’t. I wonder why they’re keeping it a secret. That’s a huge deal and they’ve revealed a lot of what’s changing. It’s all listed so why not mention of the balcony’s?

Edited by Cruise Junky

1 hour ago, MightyMike said:

We were on the Constellation which had 1 Infinite veranda cabin, although we didn’t see it that tells me it is possible to retrofit an existing veranda to an infinite veranda.

Personally I think it is a great idea, good weather you have a balcony, bad weather you have more useable room.

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

If that’s the plan, which I truly hope it isn’t. I wonder why they’re keeping it a secret. That’s a huge deal and they’ve revealed a lot of what’s changing. It’s all listed so why not mention of the balcony’s?

I wonder if they're waiting to get some feedback now that Edge is live?

When the concept first came out, I thought it was great, but now I have rethought it and I'm not sure I'm a fan. While all my Celebrity balconies have been fairly clean, they haven't been spotless. Not only that, but having the balcony furniture in the room is a little strange.

I would certainly try an infinite veranda, but it's not really a selling point to me. The money they're spending on them (plus the cost to educate the consumer) would most likely be better spent elsewhere.

As I have posted on the Edge threads, I'm an Edge skeptic.  I have a lot of questions which will, I presume, be answered later this month.  With the Infinite balconies, what happens if it starts raining?  Will water splash into the rest of the stateroom?  Will the opened balconies be closed by the bridge?  What happens if the mechanism for opening and closing them malfunctions and they are stuck either open or closed?   Can the room be fully darkened at night?  These are just a few of my concerns.  

These would be well suited to the M class, but not the S class.  Why?  The fixation many people have of being able to connect their balconies.  I asked at the presentation on Equinox, and was told, Infinity Balconies would not be able to be connected.  So it would not be a change to have them on M class.  It is also probably why not all balconies on Edge are Infinity.  EM