Coastal Kitchen first night

We have had no problem when in a full suite on Allure  by making a reservation before the cabins opened while waiting in the Suite Lounge. We haven't tried to get a reservation on the first night while in a Jr Suite.

2 hours ago, Pat-the-Red said:

We are Diamonds staying in a Jr Suite, but always board at 1:00 and go straight to cabin.

You can try boarding as early as possible and head straight to CK.  Other than that, not much you can do, you are lowest priority for CK dinner.

We have always sailed in a A4 or CL 1 or 2, and when we get our welcome letter from the concierge and he asks what he can do for us, we always let him know to book us for 6pm in CK boarding day.

If others do the same when they get the e mail, maybe that is why there is little spots available.

Good luck.

Safe travels

To be really honest, and I know for some will be near heresy, but we aren’t huge fans of the CK (food or service, particularly the former for dinner). The best food and service we had on the cruise last month on the Allure was in the American Icon MDR with an amazing waiter named Raj.  While I can say I never felt more like a suite guest than that night in the MDR with Raj, I have to say clearly that Raj trea everyone that way! If you are there, request him (section 383 I believe). What I am saying is be careful what you ask for, you may just get it 😉. And variety is the spice of life! 😀

Enjoy!  Lynn

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We have always sailed in a A4 or CL 1 or 2, and when we get our welcome letter from the concierge and he asks what he can do for us, we always let him know to book us for 6pm in CK boarding day.

If others do the same when they get the e mail, maybe that is why there is little spots available.

Good luck.

Safe travels

Check OP second post.  They are diamond in a Jr. Suite.  Bob had the correct answer...as usual.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

We just got home last Sunday after doing a B2B on the Allure, in a Grand Suite. We never made reservations for the Coastal Kitchen, yet we were able to get a table for two every night. 

We ate every night between 5:45 and 6:15. We had drinks in the Suite Lounge until the business picked up in the restaurant, then we went over and got a table.

We cannot say enough good things about the Coastal Kitchen on the Anthem.  Our first dinner there my granddaughter was disappointed there was no ravioli for dinner and the staff went to Jamie's and brought pasta back.  Every time we went back to the CK for dinner there was ravioli there for her. 

15 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

We just got home last Sunday after doing a B2B on the Allure, in a Grand Suite. We never made reservations for the Coastal Kitchen, yet we were able to get a table for two every night. 

We ate every night between 5:45 and 6:15. We had drinks in the Suite Lounge until the business picked up in the restaurant, then we went over and got a table.

The OP is in a Junior Suite.  It's real hit and miss as the benefit of CK is only on an availability basis.  It's not guaranteed, nor can they make reservations in advance before the cruise. 

Edited by island lady

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Check OP second post.  They are diamond in a Jr. Suite.  Bob had the correct answer...as usual.  😉 

I believe the poster was pointing out that if everyone in a GS had responded to the email from the concierge asking for a reservation for the first night in CK that might be why they can't get reservations for the first night. At least that's how I read their post.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I believe the poster was pointing out that if everyone in a GS had responded to the email from the concierge asking for a reservation for the first night in CK that might be why they can't get reservations for the first night. At least that's how I read their post.  

GS is not the only suite on the ship...not sure why it would just pertain to GS? 🤔 Also, it is well stated that pax in a JS can have optional use of CK...but only on an availability basis.  If the multitude of suites have taken all the time slots, then they indeed are out of luck.  There are far less tables available in the small CK than there are suites on the ship.   

When I sailed in a JS, I was thrilled to be able to get a table a couple of nights in CK...knowing it was not a given.  I just felt lucky.  And the only way I could check availability, making a reservation, was to go up to CK as soon as we boarded, having to knock on the door for entry. It cannot be done for JS pax in advance of boarding.  

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 10:06 AM, 2Beeze said:

To be really honest, and I know for some will be near heresy, but we aren’t huge fans of the CK (food or service, particularly the former for dinner). The best food and service we had on the cruise last month on the Allure was in the American Icon MDR with an amazing waiter named Raj.  While I can say I never felt more like a suite guest than that night in the MDR with Raj, I have to say clearly that Raj trea everyone that way! If you are there, request him (section 383 I believe). What I am saying is be careful what you ask for, you may just get it 😉. And variety is the spice of life! 😀

Enjoy!  Lynn

I tend to agree, breakfast and lunch is where CK shines.  Dinner most nights is meh. 

FWIW, I think Oasis has the best lunch.  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

GS is not the only suite on the ship...not sure why it would just pertain to GS? 🤔 Also, it is well stated that pax in a JS can have optional use of CK...but only on an availability basis.  If the multitude of suites have taken all the time slots, then they indeed are out of luck.  There are far less tables available in the small CK than there are suites on the ship.   

When I sailed in a JS, I was thrilled to be able to get a table a couple of nights in CK...knowing it was not a given.  I just felt lucky.  And the only way I could check availability, making a reservation, was to go up to CK as soon as we boarded, having to knock on the door for entry. It cannot be done for JS pax in advance of boarding.  

Harmony props the door open day 1 since no one has key cards or wow bands yet

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Harmony props the door open day 1 since no one has key cards or wow bands yet

That would help.  🙂  Not on Harmony until she comes to see us later next next year.  So Harmony is one that has key cards at your cabin door?  

On 11/11/2018 at 10:06 AM, 2Beeze said:

Enjoy!  Lynn

We were just on the Allure in a GS and I guess I had CK built up in my mind and did not find the food to be any better than the MDR  Atmosphere was better but food so/so except for the filet and lobster tails which were very good.

48 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We were just on the Allure in a GS and I guess I had CK built up in my mind and did not find the food to be any better than the MDR  Atmosphere was better but food so/so except for the filet and lobster tails which were very good.

I've given up on the CK lobster in favor of Lamb Chops.  But MDR can do a good lamb as well.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I tend to agree, breakfast and lunch is where CK shines.  Dinner most nights is meh. 

I concur with this as well.  While the ambiance and views in CK are nice, with a lower optempo, the food is nothing special (the single exception was the filet which I thought was the best steak on the ship). I made the mistake of going there on lobster night once.  I asked for the lobster and they brought out some rubbery nuggets with a nasty orange sauce.  It was a hot mess.  That was the last time.  Breakfast is the best.  Never been there for lunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I think Oasis has the best lunch.  

I knew that we couldn’t be the only ones who felt that way. And since we recently have tried RCL from other lines like NCL, I can only speak on my opinion on the Allure. But yeah meh about covers it.