Live from the CB 11/11-25/2018

satxdiver

33 minutes ago, WannaCruise365 said:

I’d really like to know if your Elite and receive the 250 Internet minutes  are you offered additional minutes or internet package the first time you log on and set up your account? Thanks so much!

We are elite and when we initially signed onto the internet for access we were each given 250 minutes.  The internet on the CB is really fast, almost as fast as on land, so the minutes lasted the entire cruise for us.  I am the only one that uses them.  We were not offered any more minutes until I exhausted one of our minutes (the second allotment of 250 minutes were not completely used).  Early on the cruise I asked one of the Internet Cafe staff what happens after I use up my 250 minutes and was told I could buy time at $9.99/day unlimited but had to buy it for all the remaining days.  I never got to that point. 

On 11/26/2018 at 11:34 AM, compozer said:

Does anyone have the Final log (can't remember the correct name) that they normally hand out the last morning with all the stats from the cruise?   We use to save all the Patters but stopped that years ago since we never looked at them  but we do keep the all the logs. 

I noticed that there was a note that we had to go to the desk to get one or ask our steward.   Our steward was so busy running around in the morning and I completely forgot to go down to the desk.   Not sure why they stopped giving them to us.   Wish they would stop the sales ads every night.

Thanks,  Sandy

I was told they were available on a display rack at the PSD and thats where I found them.

7 minutes ago, compozer said:

Keith,   

I did stop at the desk to drop off some  "made a difference" notes but completely forgot to look.   I did not notice any papers other than envelopes and the nomination slips.

Sandy

Hey Sandy,    they had a large metal pamphlet rack that I have never seen before. 

Not sure why they stop delivering them.

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

We are elite and when we initially signed onto the internet for access we were each given 250 minutes.  The internet on the CB is really fast, almost as fast as on land, so the minutes lasted the entire cruise for us.  I am the only one that uses them.  We were not offered any more minutes until I exhausted one of our minutes (the second allotment of 250 minutes were not completely used).  Early on the cruise I asked one of the Internet Cafe staff what happens after I use up my 250 minutes and was told I could buy time at $9.99/day unlimited but had to buy it for all the remaining days.  I never got to that point. 

Thank you so very much for this information. 👍

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Hey Sandy,    they had a large metal pamphlet rack that I have never seen before. 

Not sure why they stop delivering them.

Save $$$. Most passengers will not go and pick one up, so they can print a much smaller quantity.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, caribill said:

What? You do not think passengers from 1600 cabins will rush to the customer service desk to get the latest art auction ad?

That would not be practical.  My suggestion is to put all the junk mail in boxes located in the elevator lobbies on each deck.  That would give you something to read while waiting for one of the too-few elevators to arrive.  Just think of all the man-hours of labor saved if the junk mail didn't have to be delivered to every cabin.

17 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

That would not be practical.  My suggestion is to put all the junk mail in boxes located in the elevator lobbies on each deck.  That would give you something to read while waiting for one of the too-few elevators to arrive.  Just think of all the man-hours of labor saved if the junk mail didn't have to be delivered to every cabin.

And not sell their overpriced junk to all the unwary passengers?

Not going to happen anytime soon.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, Sea&SkiCruiser said:

We booked two non-Princess tours.  Having already done the Princess “Sugar Train” excursion on a previous cruise, we booked the Grand Tour of St. Kitts with Grey’s Island Excursions.  Thenford Grey was our guide and he was excellent.  Mr. Grey was entertaining and a great story teller.  I highly recommend this tour.  In Martinique we took the North Island Tour by Beyond the Beach.  Our guide Sophie was awesome and also very knowledgeable.  It rained on and off during the tour and it seemed like every time we got on the bus, the sun came out and when we got off the bus, it poured.  Everyone took it in stride, it became a running joke.  Good tour, just not impressed with the “beach stop.”

Thanks for the info.  We will be doing this cruise in a few weeks.  I'll look up both tours. Your info has been very helpful.

Sandy

On 11/24/2018 at 11:12 PM, satxdiver said:

Saturday at sea

Lines form at the single ATD MDR before 5 PM and after it fills lines again form waiting for a table.  By the time the second ATD MDR opens at ~7:30 the lines tend to disappear.    

This seems to be the same as I have experienced on other longer Caribbean cruises.  There tends to be an older passenger base that likes to eat early with usually plenty of seating available later. 

Thanks for this info.  I'm still trying to decide what to do.  If the late traditional dining time stays at 7:15, I'll stay with that, but if it is moved to later, I would prefer the ATD.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:39 AM, nukesubsailor said:

Princess often has a paper airplane competition in the atrium on a sea day. These flyers make excellent material for a good paper airplane.

• Haha 1