Black Friday

junglecat

New boss, new rules.  Ive worked at a school for over 20 years.   My new boss is making me take one of my weeks of vacation during spring break.   Looking at either Royal or Carnival.   Do either of these companies run a black Friday sale?  

Most cruise lines run rolling promotions - once one ends the next one begins.  RCI does this and will have something related to black Friday, but nothing likely that will be more than any other promotion they offer at any given time.  In other words, they certainly may word it as such and promote it as a Black Friday special, but the actual values won't be much different than their other promos.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

19 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I sure wouldn't be happy if my boss told me that I had to take a week's vacation during spring break.  A lot of ships will have families on board -- lots of children.  Even land vacations will be mobbed with families.

And that is also usually a higher priced time frame due to that, so the OP is not likely to find the better pricing that they are hoping for then.

I'm a retired teacher and so always had to take my vacations during our spring break. You will have to deal with higher costs, more families, etc. The good news may be that your spring break isn't one of the most popular weeks. The end of March and the week before and after Easter are the popular ones. Good luck.  I feel your pain.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:33 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

I sure wouldn't be happy if my boss told me that I had to take a week's vacation during spring break.  A lot of ships will have families on board -- lots of children.  Even land vacations will be mobbed with families.

Trust me I'm living this nightmare!  But. . . my former boss had cut all of my vacation and 10 paid holidays.  She resigned and I have thus new boss.  I'm blessed to have 30 paid days back, but I'm being told when to take them.