RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Does anyone know how close to sailing you may be eligible to bid and for it to be accepted?

We are sailing 12/5 on Allure, still waiting for the "Cruise must be within 30 days" error message to go away to see my upgrade offers. Just booked yesterday.

Unfortunately, with the cruise being so close, my guess is that you will not be invited to bid on this one.

Does anyone know how close to sailing you may be eligible to bid and for it to be accepted?

We are sailing 12/5 on Allure, still waiting for the "Cruise must be within 30 days" error message to go away to see my upgrade offers. Just booked yesterday.

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Unfortunately, with the cruise being so close, my guess is that you will not be invited to bid on this one.

My cruise is 12/6 and I upgraded myself last weekend to a JS.  I just  bid on a GS and a 2 bedroom GS earlier this morning.  The 2 bedroom one already says cancelled and the GS says pending.

• Like 1

I am on that sailing and received my third email offer to bid yesterday.  You might still have a chance.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:09 AM, SunnyFlowers said:

I’m currently in a connecting ocean view balcony with my kids. My husband and I are in one room, and my kids (16 & 11) are in the other room. The room with the adults received a Royal up offer email. I submitted some bids but i’m wondering if they’re even going to consider us because technically the adult room would be moved from the kids room. Does anyone have any experience with this?

You would have to split the adults since the 16 year old is too young to anchor the cabin. And I'm not so sure about how they would treat the name swaps.

I usually travel with teens. We've had connecting, next door, down the hall, different deck as we came in GTY. Right now I have my 14 year old only and we each have our own cabin and it is connecting. We didn't have connecting cabins on our last cruise. We both SO MUCH PREFER having that connecting door. The only downfall (and not this time as there are only two of us) is when your next door neighbor comes in to steal your bathroom. lol

So we sail Saturday and all my bids still say pending. Oh well, I only bid a little above minimum on them so I didn’t expect to get any, but since it is our Honeymoon it would have been such a delight.
I’m annoyed at myself that I am disappointed, even though this was the most likely result!

5 hours ago, Jenna said:

So we sail Saturday and all my bids still say pending. Oh well, I only bid a little above minimum on them so I didn’t expect to get any, but since it is our Honeymoon it would have been such a delight.
I’m annoyed at myself that I am disappointed, even though this was the most likely result!

I could understand the disappointment you feel, but you just need to focus on the other positives about your upcoming cruise for your honeymoon and the decades to come with your new spouse and all the other future cruises you will go on.

On 11/26/2021 at 4:27 AM, atabs12 said:

I think that is the case for my bid as well. I bid on GS and JS. The GS expired about a week ago. JS locked and pending. I bid max of 220/pp. We sail on 11/28. Have not received a email either yes or no. 

Did you wind up winning the bid JS?

19 hours ago, CONCH65 said:

Just checked my Royal Up page and the modify option is gone and it says pending for my 12/11 Allure cruise? I can't change my bid or bid on any other categories. Is that normal?

Ours has been showing pending for quite some time for our 12/6 cruise.  We booked an interior guarantee, and I bid the minimum of $30 for the Spacious Panoramic Ocean View.  We just got the upgrade!  Ended up paying $65 a night per person for it...vs $58 for an interior.  

This was our first attempt at trying RoyalUP!

• Like 8

On 11/30/2021 at 1:07 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I received the email for the 12/5 Allure sailing on October 6 and again on  November 28.  The minimum bids had been reduced $35 to $90 pp.  Now, two days later, I received another email with a “Promo” offer; the ocean view balcony was reduced $10 pp.  I am not interested because I want the Central Park balcony with the double balcony that I have booked.  I don’t think I have seen anyone mention the “Promo” offer in the past.

340DFA1B-BEF1-4743-BC06-39CD58E520FD.png

I just received the email again, for the fourth time.  That makes three offers in five days.  Getting to be annoying.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:30 PM, CONCH65 said:

Just checked my Royal Up page and the modify option is gone and it says pending for my 12/11 Allure cruise? I can't change my bid or bid on any other categories. Is that normal?

Yes, that is very common.  It may be an indication that they "want" your bid.  Most (if not all?) people report that days before their bid is accepted, they find that their bid is pending and locked.  

But it is not a guarantee.  In our case, our bid was locked nine days before sailing and I was sure that we would be upgraded.  Then two days before sailing, when others were notified of upgrades, it changed to "upgrade unavailable".  

I'm curious, is their anybody who got upgraded and did "not" have their bid locked in the days just before the upgrade?

Just received my RoyalUp accepted cabin notification - Hump Balcony to Hump JS.  Will they add the additional gratuities to my account once onboard?  I am solo on this one so if I remember correctly, I do not get double double points when its a RoyalUp, just the standard double points double point promo and the extra for solo, correct?  So for a 3 night cruise its 9 points, not 12?  Is my math correct?

14 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

Just received my RoyalUp accepted cabin notification - Hump Balcony to Hump JS.  Will they add the additional gratuities to my account once onboard?  I am solo on this one so if I remember correctly, I do not get double double points when its a RoyalUp, just the standard double points double point promo and the extra for solo, correct?  So for a 3 night cruise its 9 points, not 12?  Is my math correct?

Congrats on your upgrade. So for your 3 night cruise you will not get the extra point for the JS. So the math works like 3 nights 3 points. Solo 3 nights. 3 points. X2 double points promo. (3+3)x2 = 12 points. 

if you booked the JS and didn’t do Royal up and was solo with double points it would have been (3+3+3)x2 = 18

enjoy your JS and 12 points. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

Additional  grats are for a GS and above not a JS

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, smooz60ie said:

I put in bids to RoyalUp on 3 rooms.  My status still says Pending, and we sail tomorrow.  Is there a cut off time where we will get an answer one way or another?

Some people might be no-shows- or not pass the covid test- so you might not find out until you board.  When you get on the ship, go to customer services and ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 10:50 AM, gerig said:

So set to board the Anthem of the Seas Sunday and rumor has it there will be 2600 passengers on board for a ship that holds 4900.  I still have received an acceptance or rejection of my multiple bids which I would think by this time the manifest is final and with only about 55% capacity they would be accepting or rejecting bids.  

how do you know the capacity ahead of time?