RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

7 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Who else has received notice of their bid being accepted but not received new cabin number?  I'm wondering what to do about my bag tag.  Thank you!

I just received my UpBid accepted and there was a link that gave me my new cabin number and was able to print out a new SetSail Pass & luggage tags.

Also they sent me an email to print out new docs.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I just received my UpBid accepted and there was a link that gave me my new cabin number and was able to print out a new SetSail Pass & luggage tags.

Also they sent me an email to print out new docs.

Thanks, but I have no such link.  The acceptance email came 12/30 for my 1/16 sailing.  There's a link telling me to go to "manage my cruise" to reprint my bag tag, but everything under "manage my cruse" still shows my original cabin.  When I called about it, they explained upgrades are handled by a third party and gave me an email address to inquire.  No response from that.

3 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Thanks, but I have no such link.  The acceptance email came 12/30 for my 1/16 sailing.  There's a link telling me to go to "manage my cruise" to reprint my bag tag, but everything under "manage my cruse" still shows my original cabin.  When I called about it, they explained upgrades are handled by a third party and gave me an email address to inquire.  No response from that.

Hmmm...My upgrade came yesterday for my 1/17 sailing and accessing all the new info was easy. Sorry it isn't for you....hopefully it will get all straightened out.

2 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

What cabin number comes up when you check the app or website…original or new?  If still the original, have you checked your credit card to see if the upgrade charge was processed?

19 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

What cabin number comes up when you check the app or website…original or new?  If still the original, have you checked your credit card to see if the upgrade charge was processed?

Everything shows my original cabin and yes, my credit card was charged at the time they sent me my acceptance email.  When I've called about it they just say I'll get my new cabin when I check in, but that doesn't help my bag get delivered to the right cabin. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Everything shows my original cabin and yes, my credit card was charged at the time they sent me my acceptance email.  When I've called about it they just say I'll get my new cabin when I check in, but that doesn't help my bag get delivered to the right cabin. 

The porters will have a written manifest.  They can look up your room number based on your name and write up luggage tags at the pier.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...My upgrade came yesterday for my 1/17 sailing and accessing all the new info was easy. Sorry it isn't for you....hopefully it will get all straightened out.

We are still holding out hope but the closer we get the hope lessons.  We were not offered an Up bid for the second cruise sailing on the 24th.  Counting the days until test time...

4 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

For my 1/16 HOS my set sail pass changed room number that day, the luggage tags took 1 day later to show the change.

6 hours ago, imola said:

We are still holding out hope but the closer we get the hope lessons.  We were not offered an Up bid for the second cruise sailing on the 24th.  Counting the days until test time...

Have you tried going to the Royal Up website directly and checking. I didn't get an email and I was able to bid. 

15 hours ago, toad455 said:

Got the notification hours after I boarded the Anthem on Sunday that my Royal Up bid was denied. Thanks for having me wait...

That's how it is working for me (and many others) as well.  But there are some, including a good friend, who got their upgrade email days before (as it should be).  

The program needs to let us know, one way or another, before sail away.  

10 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Who else has received notice of their bid being accepted but not received new cabin number?  I'm wondering what to do about my bag tag.  Thank you!

Mindy, you should be able to find it on the RCI website under "my cruises".  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That's how it is working for me (and many others) as well.  But there are some, including a good friend, who got their upgrade email days before (as it should be).  

The program needs to let us know, one way or another, before sail away.  

That email timing detail is no big deal to me, and I do not expect it to change.  Personally I always have either wifi or cellular service in port, so I can check my bid.  If my bid has not been accepted before sail away, that is effectively a denial.  And probably the effectively denied applies at checkin, as I do not believe we have heard of anybody receiving an upgrade after checkin begins (that is, the person checked RoyalUp, it still said pending, then after checkin started, RoyalUp granted an upgrade…correct me if you know of such occurrences). I don’t even recall hearing of a bid that was still locked at checkin time. Receiving the denial emails in your original stateroom is a bit comical but not helpful.

You know the ropes.  You are in charge of your bids.  You can chose to never participate.  You can chose to cancel your bid if/when an upgrade becomes inconvenient.  But if you decide to bid and leave that bid in place to the bitter end, just snicker with the rest of us as you delete the denial email whenever it comes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Interesting.  I have not experienced or heard of such a delay receiving a new cabin number before.  I would keep checking the app for a new cabin number and if not there, continue to email RoyalUp daily, as I know of no other way to contact them.  I’d also keep an eye on that credit card charge.

As mentioned, you can ask the porter to check the cabin manifest if you still do not know the number when you reach the port. I hope it has resolved by then.

Got the email saying our bid was accepted (Minimum bid) for a balcony from an interior. We are 10 days out from our sailing. I looked and our set sail pass had the updated cabin number on it but the luggage tags still had our old room number on it.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I've tried all of them and still no change anywhere from my original cabin even though my credit card was charged two weeks ago.  I just tried emailing Royalup again and if I still get no help, I'll rely on the porters to find my new cabin number at the pier. 

• Like 2

Just now, MindyJohn said:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I've tried all of them and still no change anywhere from my original cabin even though my credit card was charged two weeks ago.  I just tried emailing Royalup again and if I still get no help, I'll rely on the porters to find my new cabin number at the pier. 

Just a suggestion, no idea if it will work. Clear your history and cache on your broswers. sign out of your computer and sign back in. Or use a browser you normally do not use. If you are trying on your phone, tablet, app. try on a computer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

If the cache clearing idea does not work, here’s couple other suggestions:

1.  Go the the RoyalUp website and enter name&reservation number.  Does it indicate the upgrade granted?
2. If you booked directly, call Royal Caribbean (or C&A) and ask them to email an invoice to you,   See what cabin/category is on the invoice header.  Check the payment field to see if your RoyalUp funds appear there (as I recall, mine did).  If instead you used a TA, call and ask for the TA’s help with your issue; they can at least get the fresh invoice for you…maybe they can do more.

I’m not so worried about your luggage tags; that’s manageable.  After two weeks without an updated cabin number (we know others receive theirs promptly), I am concerned perhaps RoyalUp had a computer snafu and perhaps your upgrade was not properly processed.  
BTW, to which category were you upgraded?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, boscobeans said:

In reality what do extra points cost the cruise line. I would think in times like this they could use every penny of additional revenue to stay afloat.

Cruisers are dropping as fast as the ports on their scheduled itineraries, bad time to be stingy with C&A points

Might just be the incentive needed to prevent a booked guest from cancelling the entire cruise especially if RCCL might lose the initial fare plus an additional 4-5 or 6 hundred bucks, and for what a few C&A points. 

If you're going to cancel because you get a cheap upgrade to a suite, but not the extra C&A points...then I can't imagine the extra C&A points would've kept you on the ship. If you're canceling over that, you were canceling all along.

You can't plan your cruise expecting you'll get RU'd to a suite, so you can't be depending on getting those points.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Maybe they like to wait to surprise you with that Royal Suite.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Maybe they like to wait to surprise you with that Royal Suite.  😉 

Haha!  I'll just be happy if they finally give me my balcony.  No news yet.  Frustrated with all the time I've spent on this over the last 2 weeks.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Haha!  I'll just be happy if they finally give me my balcony.  No news yet.  Frustrated with all the time I've spent on this over the last 2 weeks.  

I hear ya'.   That program drove me nuts the last couple of weeks. 

For me it ended up being "If you want something done right...do it yourself".  😉  Was actually happy I did, results were great and half the price of my bid.  😄 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I hear ya'.   That program drove me nuts the last couple of weeks. 

For me it ended up being "If you want something done right...do it yourself".  😉  Was actually happy I did, results were great and half the price of my bid.  😄 

I hope you are having an amazing cruise Pat.

Do you know how popular Royal up has been on your ship.

I know you like Sauvignon Blanc like me and thought of you when I saw the  photo.

Graham.

image.png.39189712ebdd2fdfd3531d574ae9b1a8.png

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4