RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

I hear ya'.   That program drove me nuts the last couple of weeks. 

For me it ended up being "If you want something done right...do it yourself".  😉  Was actually happy I did, results were great and half the price of my bid.  😄 

I'm happy you were able to grab a great deal on your own!  I had a similar situation on Ovation in September.  Prices dropped and I was able to upgrade to my chosen cabin for less than minimum RU bid.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question: we're 30 days out from our cruise. Because of price drops, I just called Royal and we moved from an oceanview to a balcony stateroom.

Will the Royal Up offers reset at some point? All of our cruise documentation shows the new balcony stateroom, but the upgrade offers are the same as they were when we were confirmed in the old oceanview (ranging from a spacious oceanview up to a junior suite). 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Haha!  I'll just be happy if they finally give me my balcony.  No news yet.  Frustrated with all the time I've spent on this over the last 2 weeks.  

I'm assuming you didn't use a travel agent.  If you booked direct*, then call Royal and ask them to "reissue your e-docs".  That will trigger new luggage tags as well, and possibly give the system the nudge it needs to show your room number in other places as well.

*If you booked with a travel agent, have them make the call to reissue your docs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm assuming you didn't use a travel agent.  If you booked direct*, then call Royal and ask them to "reissue your e-docs".  That will trigger new luggage tags as well, and possibly give the system the nudge it needs to show your room number in other places as well.

*If you booked with a travel agent, have them make the call to reissue your docs.

I'll give that a try.  The system definitely needs a nudge!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you are having an amazing cruise Pat.

Do you know how popular Royal up has been on your ship.

I know you like Sauvignon Blanc like me and thought of you when I saw the  photo.

Graham.

image.png.39189712ebdd2fdfd3531d574ae9b1a8.png

You are always a delight my friend!  A big hello to you and Pauline!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

I'm happy you were able to grab a great deal on your own!  I had a similar situation on Ovation in September.  Prices dropped and I was able to upgrade to my chosen cabin for less than minimum RU bid.  

I upgraded on board.   OS for half of what my "Royal up" bid was.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you are having an amazing cruise Pat.

Do you know how popular Royal up has been on your ship.

I know you like Sauvignon Blanc like me and thought of you when I saw the  photo.

Graham.

image.png.39189712ebdd2fdfd3531d574ae9b1a8.png

Sauvignon Blanc is also my favorite!  Which brand do you prefer?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I hear ya'.   That program drove me nuts the last couple of weeks. 

For me it ended up being "If you want something done right...do it yourself".  😉  Was actually happy I did, results were great and half the price of my bid.  😄 

I gather you decided to just upgrade, and the minimum bidding would have cost more.  Am I correctly understanding this?  Happy for you!  👍

• Like 1

Ok, I searched, but didn't find this.  I just looked and saw a little ? next to the bid price suggestion.  When I hovered, I got this message ' The actual upgrade price may vary depending on your original fare and availability'. 

SO, does that mean say you bid $100pp, they could decide, nope, we will charge you $500pp? OR what you're seeing is based on what you originally paid so I could see a different amount than anyone else? 

If I'm not mistaken, once you bid a set amount, AND you win, they automatically charge. Yes? SO, what if they decided to charge the larger amount?  If you disagree/challenge them, do you just lose your booking?
Thanx

Erika

1 minute ago, birdylady said:

Ok, I searched, but didn't find this.  I just looked and saw a little ? next to the bid price suggestion.  When I hovered, I got this message ' The actual upgrade price may vary depending on your original fare and availability'. 

SO, does that mean say you bid $100pp, they could decide, nope, we will charge you $500pp? OR what you're seeing is based on what you originally paid so I could see a different amount than anyone else? 

If I'm not mistaken, once you bid a set amount, AND you win, they automatically charge. Yes? SO, what if they decided to charge the larger amount?  If you disagree/challenge them, do you just lose your booking?
Thanx

Erika

The bid price you offer is what you would be charged if you win.  The minimums of what you can offer for are based on your original fare and room category.  For example, if I’m in a grand suite, my minimum for an owners suite may be less than someone who is in a junior suite.

• Like 1

We had our RoyalUp bid accepted yesterday for the Allure 22nd Jan sailing. We had a JS booked and bid just over the minimum on a Crown Loft Suite and Aqua Theater 2BR. The bid for the A2 expired on Tuesday 11th with the CLS bid remaining 'pending' but unable to modify. The acceptance email came through Wednesday morning and the cabin number was updated in the cruise documents, Set Sail Pass and luggage tags.

Very, very excited! It will be our first cruise in a full suite. 🙂

• Like 8

11 hours ago, iuki said:

I gather you decided to just upgrade, and the minimum bidding would have cost more.  Am I correctly understanding this?  Happy for you!  👍

Yup...and happy with the results.  The OS we are in right now is beautiful, and well worth it.  🙂 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, moonltnite said:

I see the same discount message now on my RoyalUp options for our March 6th Oasis cruise.

Gotta love RCI marketing - so, instead of just lowering the min bid and not say anything, now it's "on sale". The email announcing this "sale" can't be far behind.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DiWilliams said:

We had our RoyalUp bid accepted yesterday for the Allure 22nd Jan sailing. We had a JS booked and bid just over the minimum on a Crown Loft Suite and Aqua Theater 2BR. The bid for the A2 expired on Tuesday 11th with the CLS bid remaining 'pending' but unable to modify. The acceptance email came through Wednesday morning and the cabin number was updated in the cruise documents, Set Sail Pass and luggage tags.

Very, very excited! It will be our first cruise in a full suite. 🙂

You will love!  

• Like 1