RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Since Mariner is an older ship- you do not have a suite restaurant or true suite deck- if the suite lounge is like the adventure- so not worth it-  you can only have breakfast in specialty restaurant-  I would keep JR suite and book specialty restaurants.  Junior suite a good sized cabin

47 minutes ago, 4Nathan said:

Good advice. Thank you.  We have access to the Diamond lounge anyways plus one of the newer JS. We’ve been spoiled for the suite life on Oasis  and Quantum class but I really wanted to go to Bermuda! Royal needs to include internet and some form of specialty dining package for suites on their older ships. 

For us the additional interior & balcony space of a GS vs JS, as well as access to the SL vs DL, is worth the price of a reasonable RU bid.

And FYI internet is included for GS & higher - even on older ships. For our upcoming cruise on Navigator, the RCL vacation planner reminded us of that and reimbursed us for the cost of the VOOM WiFi Internet Pkg we had originally purchased for our Balcony stateroom after we self-upgraded to a suite...

46 minutes ago, Ready2SailAway said:

And FYI internet is included for GS & higher - even on older ships. For our upcoming cruise on Navigator, the RCL vacation planner reminded us of that and reimbursed us for the cost of the VOOM WiFi Internet Pkg we had originally purchased for our Balcony stateroom after we self-upgraded to a suite...

You should consider yourself extremely fortunate if this is actually what happened.  Internet is not complimentary on NAV nor any other Vision, Radiance, Voyager or Freedom class ship.  It is complimentary only for Oasis, Quantum and Icon class ships when booking a full suite.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

You should consider yourself extremely fortunate if this is actually what happened.  Internet is not complimentary on NAV nor any other Vision, Radiance, Voyager or Freedom class ship.  It is complimentary only for Oasis, Quantum and Icon class ships when booking a full suite.

Hmmm  OK I will call RCL and let you know - don't want to spread misinformation...

55 minutes ago, Ready2SailAway said:

Hmmm  OK I will call RCL and let you know - don't want to spread misinformation...

not only that, but you will not have your wifi package now since your TA is refunding it.  It's one of my pet peeves that it's not included for GS and above on the older ships.  You'd think it would be an easy thing for them to do, to toss us a bit more, but nope. Just Oasis and Quantum class.  It's why I tend to not bid on upgrades on those ships because other than the bigger room and having a happy hour in the suite lounge, there's not a whole heck of a lot of benefits.  

• Like 2

So internet package comes with a Grand Suite on Odyssey right?

If so I may up my GS Royal Up bid for what I paid for internet.  Still doubt I will win but worth bumping the bid up just in case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GCS2000 said:

So internet package comes with a Grand Suite on Odyssey right?

If so I may up my GS Royal Up bid for what I paid for internet.  Still doubt I will win but worth bumping the bid up just in case.

Yes, it does

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Yes, it does

Thanks bids changed.  Not expecting much as I am only slightly more than the min bid (I think at $400 per person).  Since my internet package was $280 for the trip it made sense to up those bids by $140 per person at least.

I have a feeling my Jr suite bid will come through since I am at almost the max bid on that and not the GS or OS bids which is fine as the wife just wants the Jr suite.  Granted she would flip for a GS or above but since those max bids are in the thousands of dollars each not just a few hundred (JS max bid is only $310)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ready2SailAway said:

For our upcoming cruise on Navigator, the RCL vacation planner ... reimbursed us for the cost of the VOOM WiFi Internet Pkg we had originally purchased for our Balcony stateroom after we self-upgraded to a suite...

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

2 hours ago, Ready2SailAway said:

I just got off the phone with the RCL Service Desk and confirmed:

Internet is not complimentary on Navigator nor any other Vision, Radiance, Voyager or Freedom class ship.

However... Since it was our RCL vacation planner's misinformation & mistake to cancel our Internet Pkg when we booked a suite upgrade, the RCL Service Desk comp'd us enough OBC to cover the cost to reorder it - so we scored free internet for our cruise! 😎

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Ready2SailAway said:

I just got off the phone with the RCL Service Desk and confirmed:

Internet is not complimentary on Navigator nor any other Vision, Radiance, Voyager or Freedom class ship.

However... Since it was our RCL vacation planner's misinformation & mistake to cancel our Internet Pkg when we booked a suite upgrade, the RCL Service Desk comp'd us enough OBC to cover the cost to reorder it - so we scored free internet for our cruise! 😎

Yes...we all knew that internet wasn't included...Very nice that they gave you OBC to cover it.

I agree as we sail in suites (GS and up) that it should be included fleetwide.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest anyone has gotten notified of an accepted offer?

Cruise is about 18 days away and nothing so far.

Checking RC site there are no suites available to book at this time (yesterday there were 4 Jr, 2 days before that there were 4 Jr, 2 Grand, and 1 Owner) so availability is up and down for sure.

6 minutes ago, GCS2000 said:

Checking RC site there are no suites available to book at this time (yesterday there were 4 Jr, 2 days before that there were 4 Jr, 2 Grand, and 1 Owner) so availability is up and down for sure.

It can be accepted even after the ship has already sailed.  Which means someone missed the ship and now the room category you bid in has an opening.  So you'd pack up and move to the upgraded room.  

On 8/4/2023 at 5:01 PM, Ready2SailAway said:

For us the additional interior & balcony space of a GS vs JS, as well as access to the SL vs DL, is worth the price of a reasonable RU bid.

It isn’t!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GCS2000 said:

Availability up and down?  Suite availability certainly just went for your cruise; don’t  hold your breath waiting for suite availability to go back up again.  Of course someone might need to cancel, which might allow RoyalUp bids to be accepted.

On 8/22/2023 at 7:22 AM, paulfoel said:

So how long before sailing do you find out if you've been successful?

Do you get informed either way or is it a case of no email not successful?

Not always prior to sailing. Some have reported winning notification after unpacking in 1st cabin. Others received winning email notification during day one.

On 8/22/2023 at 5:22 AM, paulfoel said:

Just received the RoyalUp email 24hrs before sailing that our minimum bid for the Royal Suite (which has NEVER been available to book) was unsuccessful. Oh well, we'll just suffer... haha Let's get on that boat! (sorry, Ship!) 😎

On 8/22/2023 at 5:22 AM, paulfoel said:

It is possible to get it upon boarding.  Rare, but it happens. 

47 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

no email not successful

Mostly  We never got the email and sat in the centrum waiting and waiting bugging the Loyalty Amb.  Finally, she said,...Guess we are full up, I'll have a bottle of wine brought to your room"  It stunk...seriously horrible...but we told our steward and he managed to bring a better one.

6/2/2023 Booked Central Park Interior View Deck 9 on Allure 9/3/23 sailing (club royale offer)

7/6/2023 Received Royal Up Email

8/1/2023 Bid minimum bids on following:

Ocean View Balcony $165pp

Neighborhood Balcony $90pp

Ultra Spacious Ocean View $55pp

9/1/23 Won Neighborhood Balcony (Boardwalk View Deck 11)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Katieniesen said:

6/2/2023 Booked Central Park Interior View Deck 9 on Allure 9/3/23 sailing (club royale offer)

7/6/2023 Received Royal Up Email

8/1/2023 Bid minimum bids on following:

Ocean View Balcony $165pp

Neighborhood Balcony $90pp

Ultra Spacious Ocean View $55pp

9/1/23 Won Neighborhood Balcony (Boardwalk View Deck 11)

Congrats - well played!

• Like 1