Cabin Safes

Rossey

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

We also use the safe and it’s been fine.  On the Koningsdam we liked that it lighted up.

The safes hold a lot too.  

Do you enter a number or use a card to open and lock the safe?

45 minutes ago, Terre said:

All the safes on HAL ships we've been on are combo (keypad) locks. We've been on every class except the new K-Dam's so can't comment on those. 

I really dislike those types that require the CC to unlock, as then only one of us can open/close it. 

Edited by drowelf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Terre said:

As others have said you pick your number to use.  Unless you’re on the Koningsdam bring a small flashlight (we always do anyway) to help with the safe.  

2 hours ago, canadianbear said:

As others have said you pick your number to use.  Unless you’re on the Koningsdam bring a small flashlight (we always do anyway) to help with the safe.  

Thank you, we are on the Koningsdam.  We, too always take a flashlight.  I'm guessing the safe's keypad hard to see?

2 hours ago, Terre said:

Thank you, we are on the Koningsdam.  We, too always take a flashlight.  I'm guessing the safe's keypad hard to see?

I had no issues but my husband has trouble with close up so he did a bit.   I found ours was just fine-we were in a Signature suite so not sure if that makes any difference on the placement of the safe.  I’ll find out in January when I sail with a girlfriend on the K. as we are in a regular balcony for that cruise. 

We've never had a problem. However, if you are traveling with expensive jewelry, your insurance carrier may require you to use a house safe in order to cover your items. (I'm talking really expensive pieces) 

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

We've never had a problem. However, if you are traveling with expensive jewelry, your insurance carrier may require you to use a house safe in order to cover your items. (I'm talking really expensive pieces) 

These guys have been making them for a while. Could have a problem getting one of these bad boys on a commercial plane

safes024.JPG

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, drowelf said:

I really dislike those types that require the CC to unlock, as then only one of us can open/close it. 

The last cruise we had that required a CC for the safe we just brought two identical expired cards (had kept them for this purpose). That way each of us had a card for the safe.

17 hours ago, Terre said:

We will be on the Koingsdam and I like that they light up as someone mentioned.

I don't remember having a light in our K'dam safe. Maybe ours wasn't working or maybe our VE cabin didn't have that kind. I know people have mentioned having closet hanger bars that lit up, and we definitely did not have that ... pretty sure they're only in the suites.

On 11/28/2018 at 1:35 PM, randr5153 said:

Just off the Volendam and used the safe. The Volendam still have the cc type.

We board the Volendam in February and will be in a Vista.  When you say CC do you mean Credit Card or Cruise Card.  If you mean Credit Card that rather defeats a primary use for the safe for us.

If it's Credit Card we unfortunately have never kept our expired ones as has Caribill.

Thanks, 

Ruth