30% off pre-cruise purchases...incl beverage package upgrade!

bebe08

9 minutes ago, johno1234 said:

Hi all, please bear with me on this:

Our 4/1/19 11 day Reflection cruise includes classic bev package perk but it's not listed on the cruise planner. If I add it to the cart online it's priced at $1,225.32 for two pax, and if I add the premium it's $1,433 for two. So... does that mean if I get them to add the perk into the planner and upgrade it I'll only pay the difference of $208 for the two of us? Can I use the OBC for that? Is this actually a discount?

All a bit confusing to me - thanks for any clarification.

Give the Captains Club # a call.  They will have to add the promo to your account, and complete this for you.  You can use your OBC for the difference.  I had to wait on hold for 40 minutes, but it saved me $140.

10 minutes ago, amitje said:

Strangely enough I don’t see any mentioning of a sale, I believe the prices are lower but it doesn’t mention the original price or discount percentage. I’ll book it anyway, if something comes up at a lower rate, I’ll cancel and re-book.

Happy cruising!!

I just tried to get into our booking and it says it can't find it... some glitch with the website.. go figure.

Am going to go back and look at the bev packages.. I booked us the prem package because its 50% off for us...and want to see what the difference is for the classic...I thought classic didn't include coffees at Bacio - however checked and they are... will see what the $ difference is....When I can get back into my file. Sheesh!!!

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I just tried to get into our booking and it says it can't find it... some glitch with the website.. go figure.

Am going to go back and look at the bev packages.. I booked us the prem package because its 50% off for us...and want to see what the difference is for the classic...I thought classic didn't include coffees at Bacio - however checked and they are... will see what the $ difference is....When I can get back into my file. Sheesh!!!

Yeah it's glitched. I was already logged in there, then it spat me out and can't log back in again...

2 hours ago, daffyraffy said:

I am considering purchasing the classic beverage package.  The brands included suit me fine.  But, are most "traditional" drinks, i.i. mimosas, Canadian Club and seven up, frozen pina colada, Baileys and seltzer within the &9.00 max per drink set by the Classic package.  First time on Celebrity.  Im crusing May 17, 2019.  Thank you!

The traditional drinks you mentioned & many more (margaritas, cosmos, mudslides just to name a few)  are covered by the Classic package.  However Baileys is on tge Premium package.   You could stick with the Classic and if you want a Baileys just pay tge difference in price.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisesport said:

I have a lot of OBC's and will use them, but then cant take advantage of this ahead of time.

If your OBC is from Celebrity you can use it prior to cruising. If your OBC is from a TA then you cannot

53 minutes ago, johno1234 said:

Hi all, please bear with me on this:

Our 4/1/19 11 day Reflection cruise includes classic bev package perk but it's not listed on the cruise planner. If I add it to the cart online it's priced at $1,225.32 for two pax, and if I add the premium it's $1,433 for two. So... does that mean if I get them to add the perk into the planner and upgrade it I'll only pay the difference of $208 for the two of us? Can I use the OBC for that? Is this actually a discount?

All a bit confusing to me - thanks for any clarification.

I had a similar situation. My classic pkg was a perk from our TA not Celebrity, so when I called Captains Club (I’d much rather call then work the website) to get the upgrade it didn’t show. I did have to call my TA to get it input to the cruise planner. Then I called Captains Club back & got the 30% off the beverage upgrade which is a over $90 savings for us. Took me about 15 minutes total...my time was worth it.   Good luck

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I had a similar situation. My classic pkg was a perk from our TA not Celebrity, so when I called Captains Club (I’d much rather call then work the website) to get the upgrade it didn’t show. I did have to call my TA to get it input to the cruise planner. Then I called Captains Club back & got the 30% off the beverage upgrade which is a over $90 savings for us. Took me about 15 minutes total...my time was worth it.   Good luck

Hi awhfy and thanks for this great advice. We're with a TA so I'll just email him. I hate talking to people on the phone! 

For those of us in the UK a phone call to Captain's Club can be expensive - I was browsing when the chat opened and I was able to "chat" to a rep and they added my free classic drinks package perk to my planner. That way I could then upgrade online. Unfortunately my two Edge cruises weren't included but my April 2020 Silhouette one was!

I just got off the phone with a very nice Captains Club rep.  She said that since the promotion was initiated by Celebrity, I was more than welcomed to speak with them directly and I didn't have to go through my TA.  However, 
"the system is down"  and she encouraged me to call back in about an hour. I think all the excitement over package discounts made Ralph break the internet!image.jpeg.a31db5d6051276c3d9032e52a06ec9ef.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Guys, I posted a couple of hours ago in this thread that if you don't see the upgrade option for the beverage package online you have to call. I did and was successful. Read the posts ......

OP here.  Yes I had to call.  Tried the main # first and hung up after 20 mins on hold.  Then called Captains Club who answered right away and they added the upgrade option to my planner.  From there I was able to upgrade on-line.  When you log into your cruise planner everything that is on sale is marked with a sale banner - not everything is discounted.  It helps to know what the regular price is in order to see how much of a discount has been applied since the sale is "up to" 30%.  Happy to hear many of you have been able to take advantage of this 🙂  

We have 4 upcoming cruises, all with the Classic package included.

I called to upgrade today. One was 30% off, 2 were 20% off and one was 50% off.

The lengths of the cruises were similar so no rhyme or reason that I could see but I'm happy for any discount since we were going to upgrade anyways.

Trying to decide if it's worth it for me to upgrade now with the sale.  Would be very helpful if I knew what the upcharge is for a few of our fave drinks.  Anyone on recently that knows what Celebrity is charging for a glass of NZ Sauvignon Blanc; a shot of Bailey, a shot of Cointreau?.  If they're all just a dollar more than I'll just pay as I go but if the Villa Maria is say $3 more then a couple glasses and I'd break even on the sale upgrade.  Thanks anyone!

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The traditional drinks you mentioned & many more (margaritas, cosmos, mudslides just to name a few)  are covered by the Classic package.  However Baileys is on tge Premium package.   You could stick with the Classic and if you want a Baileys just pay tge difference in price.

Thank you jelayne.  I went ahead and purchased the Classic!

1 minute ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Trying to decide if it's worth it for me to upgrade now with the sale.  Would be very helpful if I knew what the upcharge is for a few of our fave drinks.  Anyone on recently that knows what Celebrity is charging for a glass of NZ Sauvignon Blanc; a shot of Bailey, a shot of Cointreau?.  If they're all just a dollar more than I'll just pay as I go but if the Villa Maria is say $3 more then a couple glasses and I'd break even on the sale upgrade.  Thanks anyone!

I just went into my planner... we had not bought a package

so I bought premium. 

Was thinking about downgrading to classic. 

the difference is $5 per day PLUS 18%

I cannot find a current drink price list ... old ones show premium coffees at about $4.50 for example but I dont know if thats current and can't find the price for martinis etc

1 minute ago, wendyam76 said:

Baileys was $1.18 more in August. Wines could be more. I upgrade for the martinis and the better wines.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy, I had read about the Bailey's being a dollar more but am mostly interested in knowing how much more the wine and cointreau  will be.  I'm really partial to the NZ Sav's and can easily have two or three in an evening.  For martinis it's really a no brainer but I don't drink them.  Hopefully someone who's recently sailed and has saved copies of bar menus can find out the wine price...

Just reporting back - I asked our TA to load our TA beverage package perks onto our CC cruise planner account - he didn't seem to understand how to do it, so I persisted and he got Celebrity to do it for him. So now I see an upgrade option for 11 day cruise classic package upgrade to premium for $104 per person. 

It doesn't say that it's a special, but it looks about $5 a day cheaper than the regular price differential between the packages.

I’ve been watching the premium non-alcoholic package for our 1/6 Edge sailing. Alas, none of the drink discounts apply to the Edge... only a discount on the backstage theater tour... Oh well.

This is our first cruise on Celebrity as Elite (RCCL Diamond), and we are light drinkers, so will see if the happy hour drink vouchers plus pay-as-you-go comes out to be the same or cheaper. I love my fancy coffee and smoothies. Will see how I can stretch the freebies! I love a good challenge 🙂

If first you don’t succeed...try, try again...

When the promo first appeared I checked the Manage My Booking and the “up to 50% off” banner was there but there was no discount so I presumed as my luck would go that my TA cruise wasn’t included.  However, I called the Captains Club to enquire and “Ashley” thought that was strange and would get back to me.  I never did hear from her but when I rechecked this morning...THERE IT WAS...50% off.    

Happy Dance.  

Just phoned X in the UK and got put through to USA ...as others have stated she said she had to add it to planner but I have just upgraded our package to premium for £6.90 per day ...which is very good value. She also offered me the option to use our onboard credit to do it . 

2 hours ago, kasijab said:

Just phoned X in the UK and got put through to USA ...as others have stated she said she had to add it to planner but I have just upgraded our package to premium for £6.90 per day ...which is very good value. She also offered me the option to use our onboard credit to do it . 

just checked cruise planner ....was charged £69.03 to upgrade for a 15 night cruise ....that to me works out at £4.60 per day not £6.90 as was quoted  ...even better value 

Edited by kasijab