Legend Transatlantic

Schoifmom

3 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I just booked too!  Went for a 4K.  There weren't many left, at least not on the Carnival site.  EM

That's what I wanted.  In fact, I was hoping to get the same room that we have for Alaska next year, but no love.

10 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

I am very interested in this cruise, but when I went to Carnival’s web site I couldn’t find it listed. Did you all do it through a Carnival travel planner ? 

I booked through their website, but the destination is transatlantic rather than Europe:) hopefully that will help you find it! It looks like it's booking pretty quick. 

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I can't believe it.  I went back to do a dummy booking to see the difference if price between OV and 4K, and there were no 4K cabins available.  Wonder if some TAs have snapped them up.  EM

I see at least one TA has some.

3 hours ago, nursefirst said:

I booked through their website, but the destination is transatlantic rather than Europe:) hopefully that will help you find it! It looks like it's booking pretty quick. 

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I see at least one TA has some.

5 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I can't believe it.  I went back to do a dummy booking to see the difference if price between OV and 4K, and there were no 4K cabins available.  Wonder if some TAs have snapped them up.  EM

Yes looks like the TAs have been busy. Perhaps some will have group pricing.

Now that the 4Ks only have windows and not doors that will open I am not in a rush to get one.

3 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

Just booked this morning! All the places we have talked about for years!

Anyone know exactly where the ship will dock for London? 

The itinerary says London/Dover, so it will be Dover.

And I looked again last night, and the website had no OV cabins left.  I had booked a 4K because I wanted a cabin with a couch, which ruled out insides, and the 4K was cheaper.  Northern route too cold for a balcony, even if we wanted to spend that much.    EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

The itinerary says London/Dover, so it will be Dover.

And I looked again last night, and the website had no OV cabins left.  I had booked a 4K because I wanted a cabin with a couch, which ruled out insides, and the 4K was cheaper.  Northern route too cold for a balcony, even if we wanted to spend that much.    EM

lol Totally missed the Dover part! Thank You.

And we had looked last night and waited until this morning to book. Price had increased by $200!

21 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Yes looks like the TAs have been busy. Perhaps some will have group pricing.

Now that the 4Ks only have windows and not doors that will open I am not in a rush to get one.

I was going to send you an e-mail to see what TA you were doing. We had the Radiance booked, then cancelled it and booked the Legend.

OMG!  I just discovered that we can get off at Dover on the 19th and get on Queen Mary 2 in Southampton on the 21st! 8 day crossing to NYC.   Always trying to find a way not to fly home... for once QM2 IS GOING THE RIGHT DIRECTION!  Packing for this will be interesting.  EM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruises42 said:

I was going to send you an e-mail to see what TA you were doing. We had the Radiance booked, then cancelled it and booked the Legend.

I haven't booked yet.

Probably won't do this one though as am booked on MSC Meraviglia Sept 2019 Copenhagen to New York via Iceland. Similar ports. Doesn't go to Greenland though.

I do miss Carnival.

I do like the 9 day following this one to Norway.

• Like 1

I’m mad at myself for waiting a day, and now seeing the increased prices.  I just put a balcony on hold and will pull the trigger tomorrow.  I’d love to make this my first B2B and add Norway, too, but not sure if I could leave the dogs for that long.  

I did it !!! Yeah ! Got the booking for my DH and I on this ship. I couldn’t believe how quickly they are selling out and how fast the price is going up. I looked at what I wanted in the morning before work and by the time I could get back after work, the price had jumped $100 !  In fact, I was talking to the person at carnival and he was starting to book my cabin, when it sold before he could book it ! Crazy, but he did say some cabins might open up for me to upgrade , but at the way the prices are going up, I doubt we could afford it. I am just thankful we got on board for this trip. The itinerary looks fabulous !! Now to just wait a year and a half ! 

I was booked on the Radiance TA and just changed it to the westbound on Legend.  Got a 4K and the price (past guest rather than ES) was right around the same.  And it's 3 more nights.  Love the Spirit class and haven't sailed Legend yet.

We debated about the eastbound.  Would love to do those ports, but I don't want to be freezing the entire cruise.  Forces everyone indoors.  Besides, there are other cruiselines that do similar itineraries.

The 1-time sailings on Carnival just sell so quickly and if you don't book early, the cost is way too high for Carnival.  There are just so many other options out there.