Unable to send a message.

I get this alert "You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later." whenever I try to send a message. (with only an OK button ...and it's NOT OK)
This has persisted on multiple browsers and times and I have been unable to message. (Certainly since the upgrade, but I can't be too sure beyond that as it's a function I use seldom)

Suggestions on things to check?

Thanks

Edited by MarkBearSF

How would you recommend I contact the forum host to ask that one of my posts be removed?
(A roll call start that was evidently originally for the GLBT Roll Calls board wound up replacing a regular Roll Call last month in the system upgrade - and evidently caused some hurt feelings by the originator of the "real" roll call. I would like my "misfiled" one deleted, but would rather not draw attention to the issue on a public board - as it appears that feelings were hurt already..

8 minutes ago, MarkBearSF said:

How would you recommend I contact the forum host to ask that one of my posts be removed?
(A roll call start that was evidently originally for the GLBT Roll Calls board wound up replacing a regular Roll Call last month in the system upgrade - and evidently caused some hurt feelings by the originator of the "real" roll call. I would like my "misfiled" one deleted, but would rather not draw attention to the issue on a public board - as it appears that feelings were hurt already..

send  both links  to  HELP@cruise critic.com

explaining  what you want  to do

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

If they can remove the compose button and leave the message icon. I have received messages from the admin and the only way to tell is the image.png.896976747e15754e9ff7a1eb69648e2a.png icon.

Well you must be special to get messages from admin :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, MarkBearSF said:

The easiest method is to click on Report post, top right corner of the post when the cursor is over it (pc) or tap the flag icon (mobile). As for the post to be removed.

8 hours ago, Globaliser said:

No, there has been no private messaging on CC for most if not all of the time that I have been a member.

The only exception, I think, may be the ability of admins and mods to PM.

Agreed; private messaging was not enabled on the "old" site, and the fact that it wasn't was also a periodic subject of discussion.