MDR for breakfast?

friendly old broad

All the Princess ships have breakfast everyday in one of the MDRs.

The hours and location will be in the Patter (back page).

IIRC - breakfast is from 7 or 8 AM until 10:30 AM (??). You can get more information by checking the Princess websites or wait for someone to post who knows precisely what the times are.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Yes on all mornings including the day of leaving the ship.  It usually is in the MDR deck 6 midship on your class of ships.  Time varies depending on sea days or port days.  Sea days is 7:30 AM to 9:30 and on port days 7:00 - 9:00.  Last day on the ship another MDR will be open for breakfast usually deck 6 aft 6:30 to 8:30.  As in all issues consult your Patters for the exact times.  

1 hour ago, Qcruise said:

In our opinion Princess does MDR breakfast quite well......much better than RCI......they have a different item on the menu each day and it's good and different.

Could you recommend the items for Breakfast that are particularly good?  I do like the idea of having a breakfast special daily in addition to the regular menu.

Ask for the french toast.  It is rarely on the menu, but is delicious!  Just ask for it with a please a real big smile,  and would it be possible.  I have never been told no.  It is real thick bread with corn flake crumbs.  We cook it here at home using Texas Toast.  When i order it everyone wants to get it the next time.

They'll do custom omlette dishes,  eggs benedict,  a french toast dish,  meusli (cold oatmeal type cereal with raisins and nuts)  and of course fruit plates,  pancakes etc.  .....but always one or two select items that change daily.

19 minutes ago, Nonnie1975 said:

Ask for the french toast.  It is rarely on the menu, but is delicious!  Just ask for it with a please a real big smile,  and would it be possible.  I have never been told no.  It is real thick bread with corn flake crumbs.  We cook it here at home using Texas Toast.  When i order it everyone wants to get it the next time.

I believe you can also get it when they serve lunch in the dining room on sea days. It's one of their "brunch" selections. My favorite breakfast special is a mushroom & cheese omelette served with Italian sausage, polenta & focaccia.

4 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Be careful on sea days - every ship I have been on only serves till 9am no matter what. Way too early to close on sea days.

Agree!  I'd like to try MDR b'fast sometime, but 9 am on sea days?  Room service, please!

I have been cruising so long that I well remember when MDR was the ONLY place to get b'fast -- and I was always the last one in on sea days.

9 hours ago, Nonnie1975 said:

It's 10 times better than what they served at the buffet on the CB recently.

It was made ahead of time & sat on the warmer until it slowly disappeared. 

10 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Could you recommend the items for Breakfast that are particularly good?  I do like the idea of having a breakfast special daily in addition to the regular menu.

My favorite is the minute steak. I asked for it on the day it was not on the menu but was told I could get it. Also the raisin bread is great. The stollen is substituted for it during the Holiday season.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:32 PM, friendly old broad said:

Does the Crown Princess have breakfast service in main dining rooms?  What time are they open?  

Yes.

Check the daily Patter sent to your cabin the night before.

I order a grilled ribeye steak,  3 poached  eggs,  4 waffles,  4 English muffins,  maple syrup, Kerry French butter, fruit bowl , and 2 croissants.  A pot of Earl Grey tea,  and a mimosa (or two).  Then I’m full until lunch.   :classic_biggrin:

Good luck.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

My dining room breakfast story.

We disembarked, just today, from a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Ruby Princess.  We had a suite and, so, I had breakfast in the Crown Grill three times.  We had the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast one morning ($45 for two and it is a pretty good breakfast) and I went to the Club Class dining room once.  If I'm not mistaken, the Club Class menu is the same as the dining room menu.  It turns out that the featured breakfast that day was poached eggs with corned beef hash.

Say no more.  I am all over corned beef hash.  So, that is what I ordered.

When my breakfast was brought to me, I saw the two most beautiful poached eggs, ever.  They looked magnificent,  Next to them was a brown circle no larger than a silver dollar--the corned beef hash.

Huh?  That's all I get?

I have to say the eggs were as good as they looked--cooked (soft) perfectly.  The hash tasted fine, but it was gone in two swipes of my fork.

On Friday, I had breakfast in the buffet   They have corned beef hash just about every morning,  I loaded my plate.

😁

My wife and I are not very mobile so we book a cabin mid-ship.  On our last cruise on the Emerald - because Club Class was using mid-ship dinning room we were not allowed to eat there for breakfast or lunch.   Had to go o the back of the ship if we wanted these meals.  So we didn't get to enjoy these as often because of the long walk.  Our dinner was in midship  dining room.  So for our next cruise we are trying the Coral - will see how that works out.   Quacker