plug doesn't fit in bathroom

Skeets289

We are on the Eclipse as of yesterday. My wife brought a water pick which she would like to plug inthe bathroom. I thought it had a normal plug, two-prongs with one slightly wider than the other. The only plug I've located in the bathroom is on the ceiling above the sink, but the water pick plug will not fit into it. Does anyone know of a possible solution? Thanks

The outlet cannot be used for a water pick, they are for electric razors only. They are not for water picks, hairdryers, etc. On land in the United States GFCI outlets are used to protect against, ground fault issues and to stop electrocution in wet areas.  But on ships they do not use GFCI outlets, they limit the amount of watts provided. The low watts will not harm people if shocked. Anything that draws over 40 milliamps less than about 4 watts of power will blow the fuse, and the outlet will be unusable until the fuse is r e placed.  You cannot use your water pick in the bathroom.

There is something about those dual voltage bathroom outlets...There have been some that I tried to plug a nightlight into and just couldn't get the prongs to go in.  Is there something about a shaver plug/prongs that is different?  I solved the problem by getting a nightlight with euro prongs.  EM

I use a waterpik and had the same problem.  I use to take a extension cord but those are now banned.   Now I use the trash basket (empty 🤗 ),   Champaign bucket or if I see one I will grab a empty bucket that a bucket of beer came in.   Then empty into toilet or sink.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

15 hours ago, Skeets289 said:

We are on the Eclipse as of yesterday. My wife brought a water pick which she would like to plug inthe bathroom. I thought it had a normal plug, two-prongs with one slightly wider than the other. The only plug I've located in the bathroom is on the ceiling above the sink, but the water pick plug will not fit into it. Does anyone know of a possible solution? Thanks

For next time, check out the cordless "oral flossers" on Amazon.  Solved the problem, can be used in the shower if desired, rechargeable via a USB cable, though no not needed on an 11-night cruise. Very reasonably priced and plenty of power.

7 hours ago, jimmieg said:

For next time, check out the cordless "oral flossers" on Amazon.  Solved the problem, can be used in the shower if desired, rechargeable via a USB cable, though no not needed on an 11-night cruise. Very reasonably priced and plenty of power.

I had not seen the cordless flossers before. They seem like a great idea for traveling.

I now know what I'm going to ask Santa for this year!

Thanks for posting.

22 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

There is something about those dual voltage bathroom outlets...There have been some that I tried to plug a nightlight into and just couldn't get the prongs to go in.  Is there something about a shaver plug/prongs that is different?  I solved the problem by getting a nightlight with euro prongs.  EM

Most US plugs are "polarized", with one blade wider than the other, so the hot and neutral are always properly aligned.  The bathroom outlets are not polarized (like older US outlets), as they are designed for low wattage appliances, like razors, and these tend to have non-polarized plugs.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, Midwest Sunseeker said:

I carry a plastic 1/2gal empty ice cream container with me to collect the water in since I need to use my device over at the desk plug. I first lay a towel down to catch extra moisture. Not a fun solution but it works.

The advise and information we got was very helpful but we went with yours and it solved the problem. Thanks so much.