Diamond Lounge Disaster - A Voyager Class Sob Story

Crism

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Actually, he died just this past week.  The politically correct folks pounded the final nail.  Very sad

He seems to be resurrected, next movie opening Valentine's day 2020.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/09/20/daniel-craig-james-bond-25-gets-new-director-and-new-release-date/#3c1421d8daf1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We Royal DS really all need to get together on a future cruise!!  🙂 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

They could reserve the lounge for us and call it the DSL.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

DSs gone wild. :classic_cool:

I'm in. I think the Royal DSL sounds perfect.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Didn't realize he'd passed. 

Ian Fleming has.

Have you watched any of the recent bond films.  Definitely dead.  Although Daniel Craig is the best one since Sean.  

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk

Idrissa Akuna Elba OBE is an English actor, producer, musician and DJ known for playing drug trafficker Stringer Bell on the HBO series The Wire, DCI John Luther on the BBC One series Luther and Nelson Mandela in the biographical film Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Wikipedia

Born: September 6, 1972 (age 46 years), London Borough of Hackney, London, United Kingdom

Height: 6′ 3″
Spouse: Sonya Nicole Hamlin (m. 2006–2006), Hanne Norgaard (m. 1999–2003)
Nationality: English, British

Well...I am more in Mr. Craig...though don't let Bucky know that...oh...wait...he does!!  😄 

But agree Idris is a pretty cool dude too!

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I swear dry cleaning on the ship is cheaper than here in Cocoa Beach. 😱

Dry cleaning on ship is definitely cheaper than for me at home.  I just mentioned to my wife I paid almost double to dry clean some some aloha shirts with my local dry cleaners.  Lessened learned to have it done on ship.

• Haha 1

Just now, frank808 said:

Dry cleaning on ship is definitely cheaper than for me at home.  I just mentioned to my wife I paid almost double to dry clean some some aloha shirts with my local dry cleaners.  Lessened learned to have it done on ship.

Kahala?  Bucky's favorite tropical shirt!  🙂  We were just talking about how it has been much too long since we visited your beautiful state!  :classic_love:

Hey...another official member of the Royal DS...we are getting together our own lounge!  😄 

13 minutes ago, island lady said:
Idrissa Akuna Elba OBE is an English actor, producer, musician and DJ known for playing drug trafficker Stringer Bell on the HBO series The Wire, DCI John Luther on the BBC One series Luther and Nelson Mandela in the biographical film Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Wikipedia

Born: September 6, 1972 (age 46 years), London Borough of Hackney, London, United Kingdom

Height: 6′ 3″
Spouse: Sonya Nicole Hamlin (m. 2006–2006), Hanne Norgaard (m. 1999–2003)
Nationality: English, British

Well...I am more in Mr. Craig...though don't let Bucky know that...oh...wait...he does!!  😄 

But agree Idris is a pretty cool dude too!

He was really good in The Dark Tower

10 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Rough living on an Island, right. 😉

On 12/11/2018 at 8:59 AM, andertim1 said:

I’m leaving on my first RCI cruise in 5 days. I’ve sailed a lot in the past with other cruise lines. This post reminds me of why I would never do princess again. There were too many snootie people on that cruise always making comments about their status on looking down on people trying a new cruise line. I’m sure there are a ton of wonderful diamond and pentacle members, but it only takes a few rotten apples to spoil someone’s experience. Maybe I’ll count how many wonderful people I’ll meet on the Harmony vs other. Glass half full (or in my case with deluxe package) always full versus half empty/ can’t get a free drink because there’s a small wait. 

Lol we have made it a drinking game, every time my mother in law mentions she is D+ or at the Diamond Lounge we drink!!! she has now stopped mentioning it every 5 minutes.  I actually just turned Diamond but when i look in the lounge....I have seen more fun happening at a funeral home.  Who wants to be sitting in there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mak7464 said:

Who wants to be sitting in there?

Quite a few of us...hence the crowding issue.  😉  

BTW...where is the bar in the funeral home?  I must have missed that.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Rough living on an Island, right. 😉

Very rough.  I have to fly 12-14 hours to go on a cruise with royal. 😁 

So my solution has been to implement the one hour flying=one day on a cruise minimum. Unfortunately I got overruled this last cruise.  But we had a very nice week seeing old friends and making many new ones.  That is one of the great benefits of cruising....meeting and making new friendships!

Wife and I are going to be part time Florida residents so we are closer to cruise ports.

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

Kahala?  Bucky's favorite tropical shirt!  🙂  We were just talking about how it has been much too long since we visited your beautiful state!  :classic_love:

Hey...another official member of the Royal DS...we are getting together our own lounge!  😄 

Those are some nice shirts!  I love those and a few Tommy Bahamas with Disney Vacation club logos on them.  Usually Cooke Street aloha shirts are my go to dinner wear (Costco shopping).  I like to sport Aloha shirt, shorts and slipper ensemble when we go out dining.  This would be out of place on a ship, but acceptable in most Hawaii restaurants.   

Best be coming to visit and make sure to tell me!  Our islands lifeline is touris.  I will try to give you an island tour from a residents eyes.  Will try to avoid the tourist places and check out some local must eats.  

Btw what does royal DS stand for?

Edited by frank808

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Those are some nice shirts!  I love those and a few Tommy Bahamas with Disney Vacation club logos on them.  Usually Cooke Street aloha shirts are my go to dinner wear (Costco shopping).  I like to sport Aloha shirt, shorts and slipper ensemble when we go out dining.  This would be out of place on a ship, but acceptable in most Hawaii restaurants.   

Best be coming to visit and make sure to tell me!  Our islands lifeline is touris.  I will try to give you an island tour from a residents eyes.  Will try to avoid the tourist places and check out some local must eats.  

Btw what does royal DS stand for?

Diamond Superior.

A few of us D+ had a great fun time posting on a thread called I Do Flaunt My C&A Status.

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

So my solution has been to implement the one hour flying=one day on a cruise minimum.

Do Radiance and Ovation count and which direction would you go on them?

2 hours ago, Mak7464 said:

Lol we have made it a drinking game, every time my mother in law mentions she is D+ or at the Diamond Lounge we drink!!! she has now stopped mentioning it every 5 minutes.  I actually just turned Diamond but when i look in the lounge....I have seen more fun happening at a funeral home.  Who wants to be sitting in there?

Not on any of our cruises. Knocking the DL before even experiencing the DL. :classic_rolleyes: Walk on by. Aren't options great. 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

So my solution has been to implement the one hour flying=one day on a cruise minimum. Unfortunately I got overruled this last cruise.  But we had a very nice week seeing old friends and making many new ones.  That is one of the great benefits of cruising....meeting and making new friendships!

Wife and I are going to be part time Florida residents so we are closer to cruise ports.

Ahhh...but we don't have that wonderful Ahi Poke here...have not found one place that can make it like your state mates do there!  🙂   

We considered moving to the Florida Panhandle, the beaches there rival yours over there...but too far to drive to port.  I am spoiled, and drive to 90% of the cruise ports out of the "swamp" here.  

Will be great to have you here as part time neighbors!  Welcome!  🙂 

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Do Radiance and Ovation count and which direction would you go on them?

We will be on Ovation and Radiance next year.  Unfortunately, not on the TP because I still have to work.  In a few years when my son goes off to college, we will be definitely the TP to/from Australia.  We probably be flying to mainland US to go southbound first time.  As this will coincide with taking son to college(hopefully) then boarding ship on west coast and go to Australia and spend some time down there.  That is my plan but we are still 5 years away from this and things might change.

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahhh...but we don't have that wonderful Ahi Poke here...have not found one place that can make it like your state mates do there!  🙂   

We considered moving to the Florida Panhandle, the beaches there rival yours over there...but too far to drive to port.  I am spoiled, and drive to 90% of the cruise ports out of the "swamp" here.  

Will be great to have you here as part time neighbors!  Welcome!  🙂 

Surprised that you can't find some good Ahi Poke out there.  Seems like there has been a trand to open up Poke Stops in a lot of mainland cities.  Some of them are great because they are locals that have opened up restaurants in mainland US.  I have read of some as far as New York and definitely in Seattle and Las Vegas.  When we goto Orlando next time will try to pack some for you.  My wife likes the poke made in Costco and a bunch of people have told me that Safeway is pretty good also.