LIVE from the Royal Princess - Dec 15, 2018 - Eastern Caribbean

CanadianBurger

Love this thread!

I am not sure if everyone stayed on, but I thought the CD staff was some of the best I have ever experienced. There were several new offerings that were brought on by the new CD- Alexander and his crew. 

I hope you are finding the same.

15 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

No new internet packages on board the Royal yet.

52162FA5-0733-4350-938A-84C62C3B645C.png

Was this on your screen when you signed into the internet the first time?

We're on the Pacific next week for 14 days and  I don't think the 250 minutes we get will be enough for my husband - $40 for 200 extra minutes seems pretty reasonable.

2 hours ago, chamima said:

We're on the Pacific next week for 14 days and  I don't think the 250 minutes we get will be enough for my husband - $40 for 200 extra minutes seems pretty reasonable.

Yes, this screen is only shown the FIRST time you log into the internet, and is the best deal for additional minutes. I usually use up my wife’s 150 minutes, then decide if I need to buy any extra when signing into my minutes for the first time.

1 hour ago, badscooter said:

Quick question - is Kory Simon the entertainment in Crooners at this time?  We are cruising on the Royal in a couple of weeks and really love him.  thanks!

Yes, Kory Simon is the piano entertainer at Crooners. He’s a little unconventional compared to other Crooners entertainers, but we really enjoyed his show.

Spent a relaxing day aboard ship as most of the passengers tendered over to Princess Cays. Lots of available loungers at the retreat pool, and I got further along in “The Path Between the Seas”, a book about the building of the Panama Canal that I started last year on our canal cruise aboard the CB. Even managed to do 55 laps in the pool according to my Apple Watch as I was able to swim unimpeded by other guests.

A pic of Princess Cays from Outriggers.

AD9A41BC-B648-4BCC-AAF6-B2AA3F1C2F52.jpeg

Trivia has changed in terms of prizes. Instead of prizes for each game, players have a “Princess Prize Passport” where they collect signatures on a card throughout the week for game shows. Winners get three, 2nd place gets two, and 3rd gets one. (We won afternoon trivia today.) At the end of the week there will apparently be a prize table to pick prizes. Not happy with this change, because as late diners, we miss the evening events, and hence have a lower  chance of winning by the end of the week. Then again, we already have a lifetime supply of Princess lanyards, carabiners, keychains, and water bottles.

D990791F-F2BB-4C50-BAE4-066A36823545.jpeg

3A60315B-5C49-4359-81E8-2E29F6F170A2.jpeg

Went for afternoon tea, at which the service at the beginning was a disaster. We finally called over a headwaiter, and was told the dining room ran out of cream and jam for scones, and they had to get more from stores. When they finally did restock, we had four waiters all show up at the same time with scones, cream, and jam. 

After tea, our requisite trip to Crooners was made, where Jo did her usual amazing job with the martinis. 

Went by the Photo Gallery, where there was a new display for Medallion merchandise, should it ever arrive [sarcasm]. The salesperson said all the medallions were blue, but you could get other level cards to put in the lanyards. I pointed out that in the photos on display, people had ruby and black medallions. She looked at the photos, and was more confused than ever, as she hadn’t noticed that before. I guess Princess has a ways to go in figuring this stuff out.

3B9A412D-CDCA-4041-943F-3966BDA5F551.jpeg

F7842E78-A30C-475D-AC70-DCA974BFFC41.jpeg

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Yes, Kory Simon is the piano entertainer at Crooners. He’s a little unconventional compared to other Crooners entertainers, but we really enjoyed his show.

Thanks.  We've cruised with him two times previously and loved it and really enjoyed getting to know him, so I was really excited to see his name in the Princess Patter that was posted.  Hope he doesn't change ships in the next two weeks!

23 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

After dinner, we stopped by Crooners and met another Canadian couple and had a great chat. 

Tomorrow’s Patter:

763255A4-FDC5-4645-9DAC-7DDB682A188A.jpeg

1443CAD7-0BE9-4CCD-95F3-7D1754999558.jpeg

97B6B956-8D50-4F89-97FF-604183D0DD41.jpeg

FA7A911B-CF07-42FF-915E-47B810CE2CA9.jpeg

I have ben on the ship and saw Carlos Oscar .  He is great!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chamima said:

I am not on the ship but that is what we have had the option to do since I have been elite many cruises ago.

The comedy show... I was looking forward to this, but left disappointed. Some of the material was funny, but most of it was the typical man/woman point of view stuff that has been recycled by cruise ship comedians over and over for years. Went back to Crooners afterwards, and enjoyed the entertainment by Kory Simon much more. 

Tomorrow’s Patter. And of course the CC get together at 10:30, which Princess moved to the Crown Grill after we boarded since they double-booked Club 6, the location they told us before sailing. The clocks also go ahead one hour tonight, something that has not been well publicized, so I have a feeling many folks will be an hour late for stuff tomorrow. 

P.S. sorry the pages are out of order; it’s CC’s stupid new interface...

05959319-D500-4360-BF34-2FB3369AF756.jpeg

A6ED6BCC-0ECA-4423-99DB-548DBFA054AF.jpeg

7279E32A-05EB-4354-9663-C7B2BC1A7FE7.jpeg

C0C6DD94-A8BF-4B30-A964-B8305E5C658F.jpeg

On 12/15/2018 at 10:03 PM, CanadianBurger said:

Got called to the naughty room for the power bar in our suitcase that does NOT have a surge protector. Once they saw it, it was fine, other than a waste of time. Tip: put power bars in your carry-on instead. 

Thank you for that tip, will carry my power bar that has no surge protector.