LIVE from the Royal Princess - Dec 15, 2018 - Eastern Caribbean

CanadianBurger

26 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

Does Princess do any tours of the bridge or inner workings of the ship?  I'd like to arrange for one for my husband when we sail from FLL to South America in February.

There’s usually something called the “Ultimate Ship Tour”. It’s $100 (or at least it was when I last did it on the Regal). You get to visit several areas of the ship such as Engineering, behind the stage, anchor deck, galley, and Bridge for a chat with the Captain. Included are photos, personalized stationery, other swag, and a Princess robe. Sign up on the first day at Passenger Services. It’s usually not advertised. (sorry for the low res pics) 

6D5D58DB-B185-445B-8784-9061C14ECCA7.jpeg

AB1CC19A-D12F-45D2-867F-9E80F671B3EC.jpeg

AC2ED4F6-446F-4F41-9798-928057CA6AF5.jpeg

Edited by CanadianBurger

3 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Went to Alfredo’s for lunch, and had one of my favorite dishes, the veal ravioli. (Actually, I had two. Don’t judge!)

5BFAB947-49D1-45B1-B52A-90A4E34CC2BF.MOV

C9C0DE8D-0D7A-4152-B7A1-49645F4FA8AA.jpeg

0701F769-F004-47FF-B1E7-94B7E4CBE1D3.jpeg

No judging here!  We each had an Agnolotti and shared a pizza too last Friday night on the Royal.  Fitting final dinner before disembarkation.  Especially since we couldn't get the parmesan bowl in the MDR!

20 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Thought this was odd... some of the bottled water on the ship is from a Canadian Costco! Did they run out on the Canada & New England cruise and send someone to Costco?

5B1DCE1C-299E-46AD-B9B4-5A53DB3CDF76.jpeg

While on a Mexico cruise aboard the Ruby this past October,  our bottled water was "Agua" from Sam's Club.  We had the very same thought!!  lol

16 hours ago, candy4040 said:

We are also sailing on the Royal that date.  Really looking forward to it.  I've been trying to upgrade our balcony cabin but no luck since it is completely sold out.

lol.....We don't even have our cabin assignment yet.  We are in a mini suite guarantee.....and patiently waiting.  May have to opt to bunk with the Captain, if no assignment happens.  

3 hours ago, tampadee said:

Where are the USB outlets?  I read that they were supposed to be added to the lamp by bed.  True?

Yes I would love to know this too.... the Sea Princess has them installed and it was great to have a point to charge my iPad that didn’t use up a PowerPoint nor clutter the desk...

4 hours ago, tampadee said:

Where are the USB outlets?  I read that they were supposed to be added to the lamp by bed.  True?

Looks like the Sea and the Star are the only ones with USB outlets.  The Star received the new lamps at the bedside that contained two USB outlets during their summer wet dock.  It was great.  But, heard that those lamps were very pricey and ergo may not be used on all ships.  :(

16 hours ago, geoherb said:

The agnolotti is one of my favorite dishes, too. The vegetarian antipasto is also great.

It's a shame the head waiter thinks you have to talk to the right person to get something.

If you like eggplant you simply must try the rollata di Melanzane in Alfredo's - amazing and so very original!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Passenger breakdown this cruise. I’m surprised at the relatively high number of under-18s. Usually it’s lower on the cruise before Christmas. 

Gold: 556

Ruby: 299

Platinum: 607

Elite: 387

Blue: 1612

Under 18: 230

Next week under 18: 628

Tomorrow’s Patter:

C7399BD4-293A-41FB-8CD3-66C5DAEFF9D4.jpeg

0B8FEF9C-2614-426A-9AC2-B36862B702FF.jpeg

F745676D-59B9-48C8-A449-680E8FD93BCA.jpeg

3B1A0CA9-265C-4886-8E5F-86EA8C16EA6B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

I love these little ship idiosyncrasies. The finishing of the center stairway above deck 7 has left this odd little “hallway to nowhere” on deck 8. It’s a foot-and-a-half wide, eight feet long, with nothing at the end.

9A019ED3-AA1E-4DB4-A3F7-A582066FA53C.jpeg

It's a copy of the Winchester house. :classic_cool:

A beautiful afternoon spent in the Sanctuary. It was blissfully quiet and relaxing, and afternoon tea was wonderful. It has the added benefit of being the only place with a full forward view on this class of ship. (I miss Lido and Emerald forward on Grand class)

56D4F8D4-E86F-4572-8C8D-7DDC6CB8CB07.jpeg

48B93DAD-1DC7-4C14-904A-F36555D43552.jpeg

B341A973-7BB9-44B1-820A-B6525C6F36E4.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, letsparty2 said:

have you visited the library?  my husband loves to read real books...just wondering.

We visited last week.  There were a decent number of books and my hubby was surprised to find the newest book by Andy Weir (author of the Martian).  He thoroughly enjoyed it and returned it on the last day.  There's also a book club but I passed because the book was of the self help variety.  I'd much rather enjoy a good fiction book on a cruise!

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

We visited last week.  There were a decent number of books and my hubby was surprised to find the newest book by Andy Weir (author of the Martian).  He thoroughly enjoyed it and returned it on the last day.  There's also a book club but I passed because the book was of the self help variety.  I'd much rather enjoy a good fiction book on a cruise!

thank you.  im also looking into free online books for him but he is not into tech and prefers the books he can flip pages on.  

3 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

We have a new headwaiter for MDR Dinner. It’s amazing how one change can have such a positive impact. Everything was prompt, correct, and Catalin has restored our cruise happiness factor. Even the Parmesan baskets are looking better!

63694E1A-FEA2-4341-AD18-EC880ACB111B.jpeg

7D52394D-342B-467F-8885-5651F1EAB21F.jpeg

I think Princess monitors these boards.

I once wrote a Live From and talked about how wonderful this young man was who was constantly cleaning the stairways. It was on the old Royal so easy to figure out who it was I guess because the next day he stopped me to say his supervisor put a copy of my post on the Staff bulletin board and he was going to get extra time off or a bonus or something because of it. (I asked him how he knew it was me and he said I was the only person that stopped and talked to him 😔 , but that's another story)

So anyways, it's possible you got a new headwaiter because of your post about the first one's attitude.