Live From the Edge 12.16 Sailing!

blue925

Hi everyone! We will be on the Edge sailing tomorrow and I'm going to try my hand at a live review during our trip.  I have been avidly following other passengers' live reviews and really enjoying all of the information, photos and responses to other members' questions, so I hope to also be helpful.  By way of background, which may impact our perspective on all things Edge, my husband and I live in Orange County, Calif., and this is our second cruise.  (First was May 2015 to Alaska on Millennium -- we LOVED everything about the experience.)

We will be in an S1 -- 10144.  We plan on enjoying all of the suite perks, and we are also pretty active and will be logging a lot of hours in the gym and on the jogging track.  Happy to answer specific questions about any of these things once we get going.

Although we are not frequent cruisers, I am an extremely frequent traveler, flying upward of 130,000 miles per year with 70-plus hotel stays for my job as a jury consultant.  I am fairly discerning when it comes to having high standards for service, food, etc., but I am also extremely patient and understand that one often has to relinquish control when traveling so as not to go insane.  🙂  We are also younger than the average Celebrity guest -- I'm 39, husband is 43, and we have two tiny children (who do not cruise with us...yet).

If anyone would like to follow me on Instagram, feel free to request and I will approve -- @curryclaire.  In the meantime, I will start posting once we get to Fort Lauderdale in a few hours.  We will be in the "suites" on JetBlue LAX-FLL and I plan to enjoy all of the downtime after a hectic work year!

Anxious to hear about jogging track and gym, along with your perception of suite life...we were originally booked on this cruise, but are now on first trans-Atlantic.  So, I will cruise along with you...

Edited by Lastdance

Look forward to following along.  We also live in the OC so many great restaurants here for foodies.  It will be interesting to hear you reviews of the MDR's and speciality restaurants.  This will be our first Celebrity cruise and we're on the May 25 Rome/Rome cruise so five months to go.

Carole

Edited by caroak

So far so good! Our flight was easy and well worth the cost of flying in semi-private mini suites with extremely kind flight attendants. I sat right in front of Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello! More exciting was the incredible maple bacon on JetBlue. 

Now we are enjoying hot stone pedicures at Ultimate Nails across the street from our hotel (Renaissance Cruise Port). It’s overcast and bleak, but everyone at our hotel seems in good spirits! Probably because we are all going on cruises tomorrow. 😉

C20352DF-7D52-4947-BB5B-38817E606AEF.jpeg

1FF0629E-30BF-412D-8694-EF19156BE64F.jpeg

We have stayed at that Renaissance.   Easy walk to the bridge where you can see the ship in port.

This may be two late for you but two good places to eat (walkable)  are Boatyard (very close) and Southport Raw Bar (our preference)

Looking forward to your posts.

Edited by TomMMD
Add info

3 minutes ago, TomMMD said:

p.s.  I have no i idea who Sofia & Joe are even after a quick google search.   

She was Al Bundy’s wife on Modern Family. He is on True Blood. 😄 I didn’t recognize them (I am the literal worst at recognizing people, so that doesn’t mean much), but the flight attendant told me after I asked why so many people kept coming up and looking at them. 

• Like 1

Will follow along. We stayed across the hall from you in 10147 and absolutely loved that suite (should be identical to yours). We liked it so much, we changed our booking to the same suite in 5 weeks!

Hope the weather cooperates!  If it doesn't, you will have a beautiful ship to explore! 🙂

1 hour ago, blue925 said:

Now we are enjoying hot stone pedicures at Ultimate Nails across the street from our hotel (Renaissance Cruise Port). It’s overcast and bleak, but everyone at our hotel seems in good spirits! Probably because we are all going on cruises tomorrow. 😉

Hello blue925 - We are also on the 12/16 sailing and staying at the Renaissance FLL Cruise Port Hotel. Nice hotel and ambience with some great view of the port from our room. Funny, we are also across the street about two hours ago at the Thai/sushi restaurant on the corner. Lots of places writhin walking distance. 

This is our first Celebrity cruise, so looking forward to hearing your perspective.

Should be a great cruise. Look forward to meeting you guys onboard.

Happy Cruising 

Just now, blue925 said:

@Tall-Cruiser great to meet you just now! I literally was about to tell my husband that people might say hi because they had seen us in photos. So...you proved me right before you even knew it!

See y’all tomorrow! We are exhausted and headed to bed. 

Get lots of sleep so that you are well-

rested when you meet Mr Edge, walk in the Haunted Forest and meet the Faceless People!!😉

47 minutes ago, blue925 said:

@Tall-Cruiser great to meet you just now! I literally was about to tell my husband that people might say hi because they had seen us in photos. So...you proved me right before you even knew it!

See y’all tomorrow! We are exhausted and headed to bed. 

Great to meet you guys too. Have a good evening and rest.

I will be following along as well. We are flying JetBlue from LAX to FLL as well on January 23. Also in Mint. 

I am curious what the hair dryers are like in the suites and also in Aqua class and if there is a make up mirror. WE are doing a b2b one week in AQ and one week in a S1.  I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't recognize people, My daughter pointed out that Kerry Washington was sitting across from us on our last flight to or from LAX....the list goes on. 

Have a great cruise. 

9 hours ago, blue925 said:

She was Al Bundy’s wife on Modern Family. He is on True Blood. 😄 I didn’t recognize them (I am the literal worst at recognizing people, so that doesn’t mean much), but the flight attendant told me after I asked why so many people kept coming up and looking at them. 

Wow, that would have made my trip.   Two beautiful people.

Squee! The big day is here! Amazing to see our ship from our hotel room when we woke up. The orange of the Magic Carpet is so vivid! I included a screenshot showing some of the other ships in the area. (Don’t worry; I’ll finish charging my phone before we board... ;))

Off to work out, breakfast, etc...! Just a couple of hours left until we head to the terminal. 

51B8B39C-F126-4D73-B560-D959C7C432EB.jpeg

289BCFB3-71AD-4D65-A047-90335FC8908A.png

• Like 1