Edenites Deserve Respect Too

B-Rizzle

9 hours ago, Alicia89 said:

We’re not their target demo (48-53) but we’re interested in something new and excited about our trip. We won’t be offering up opinions until we actually experience the Edge in Feb 2019. I respect ALL opinions of the experiences of those who have actually been aboard, both negative and positive and we will share ours. 

Any other opinions that aren’t based upon actually boarding her...  it’s like telling ppl lima beans are awful based on the reports of others. Maybe a bad example... I have yet to find a way to love lima beans, but at least I try them. 😊

1.  If you respect ALL opinions of those who've sailed, does that mean you respect (A) ALL (B) SOME or (C) NONE of the opinions who haven't?

2.  Do you follow through with this lima beans example, when deciding to Buy / Rent / Test Drive products and services, outside of cruising?  Let's say you're at a family gathering, and someone laughs at an infomercial device being featured on the TV, should they have placed an order first?

3.  If Norwegian Cruise Line decided to turn the common areas of their new ship, into giant ball pits, including the outdoor decks and atrium, does the same principle apply?

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 8.08.33 AM.png

• Haha 2

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, bEwAbG said:

We're just supposed to let people bother us because they're being paid to do so?  No thanks. The only people who would possibly defend being willingly annoyed by performers are relatives of the performers, the entertainment staff who came up with the ill-advised concept, or passengers who have no boundaries. I don't care how hard someone is "trying" when the result is that they're making people feel uncomfortable. Remember who is paying the bills. 

And if you don't allow them to bother you, you're the hater.  We all should know where the hate is really coming from in today's society

1 hour ago, BosoxI said:

And if you don't allow them to bother you, you're the hater.  We all should know where the hate is really coming from in today's society

Really?!?!?! This is really AMAZING.

Does it sound so crazy for asking for RESPECT towards PEOPLE of Eden?  Celebrity could have just not given them to you and I loved that they did anywhere they want to go! There’s a real lesson about inclusion I think.

On 12/23/2018 at 6:28 AM, DYKWIA said:

[checks top of page to see if he has accidentally gone into the Disney forum, no]

Or down the Eden Rabbit Hole!

On 12/20/2018 at 8:56 PM, B-Rizzle said:

Whatever good is there can be credited to passengers not talking to each other because the dancers do it for them.  Eden is no different than Disney where everyone is in character, and it helps you break ice with your fellow passengers instead.

2 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

yeah, that's why Alice in Wonderland is so magical to me! Who doesn't truly love that part of the story??? So yes, grow and shrink and enjoy the YUMMY food in Eden!

My wife and I have never been to Disneyworld - I think it would be a bit odd if I went onto a Disney forum and started lecturing everyone about how people should and should not enjoy things cartoon mouse related  ?  I wouldn't pretend to know the first thing about the place.

By your own admission you have never been on a cruise let alone a Celebrity cruise.  

Whilst you obviously enjoy interacting with adults in costume in a make-believe environment not everyone does.  When we travel on a Celebrity Cruise we do not want a Disney-like experience.  We've seen Cirque Du Soleil shows for over 20 years  so the idea of people prancing around and interacting with us doesn't feel particularly innovative.

The vast majority of posters here don't even like been asked to upgrade their drinks packages, attend art auctions (which in this millennial led, trivia free, all things Miami seems to have surprisingly survived the cull) or even having seals leaflets sent to their cabin, so the idea that many would embrace strangers coming and interacting with them whilst they are enjoying a cup of coffee in a cafe seems naive.]

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

My wife and I have never been to Disneyworld - I think it would be a bit odd if I went onto a Disney forum and started lecturing everyone about how people should and should not enjoy things cartoon mouse related  ?  I wouldn't pretend to know the first thing about the place.

By your own admission you have never been on a cruise let alone a Celebrity cruise.  

Whilst you obviously enjoy interacting with adults in costume in a make-believe environment not everyone does.  When we travel on a Celebrity Cruise we do not want a Disney-like experience.  We've seen Cirque Du Soleil shows for over 20 years  so the idea of people prancing around and interacting with us doesn't feel particularly innovative.

The vast majority of posters here don't even like been asked to upgrade their drinks packages, attend art auctions (which in this millennial led, trivia free, all things Miami seems to have surprisingly survived the cull) or even having seals leaflets sent to their cabin, so the idea that many would embrace strangers coming and interacting with them whilst they are enjoying a cup of coffee in a cafe seems naive.]

DYKWIA, do yourself a favor and check it out! There are grown-up places at Disney World and You would love it!

I have NEVER been on a cruise! I just started researching a little bit here and there and I really think Eden would help when people in my family literally want to see new things. Yes, now that my son is old enough to drink, these are amazing options!

5 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

DYKWIA, do yourself a favor and check it out! There are grown-up places at Disney World and You would love it!

I have NEVER been on a cruise! I just started researching a little bit here and there and I really think Eden would help when people in my family literally want to see new things. Yes, now that my son is old enough to drink, these are amazing options!

It's a Small World after all….

35 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It's a Small World after all….

Oh no, now I’ve got that stuck in my head 🙈.

I’m sure Rizzles would be much happier investigating the Disney Cruise Line, an abundance of characters to entertain all those looking to escape to Neverland, whereas Eden characters were banished once to far off lands and yet appear to have returned 🤣.

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

FWIW, I visited Disney World quite a few times when I was younger, and managed never to have any significant interactions with the characters there either.  I think they have a better radar than the Eden people for those who don’t wish to interact.  If I wanted to interact with make-believe characters I’d give Disney another try.  I wouldn’t go looking for it on a ship. Or not on a non-Disney ship at any rate!

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

FWIW, I visited Disney World quite a few times when I was younger, and managed never to have any significant interactions with the characters there either.  I think they have a better radar than the Eden people for those who don’t wish to interact.  If I wanted to interact with make-believe characters I’d give Disney another try.  I wouldn’t go looking for it on a ship. Or not on a non-Disney ship at any rate!

For what its worth from someone who has never been to Disney World or any park resembling it I think that I would be happy interacting with Eeyore and the like as they are nowhere near as creepy or seemingly spaced out as the Edenists. Now, if they do come near to us I will be polite, but they may get what my husband calls 'the look'  ;-)

Edited by Presto2

5 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

I would recommend a tour to Australia, Europe or Asia (land or sea).  Plenty of new things that will stick in the memory for a lifetime - i find it hard to imagine booking an entire cruise on the premise of the new thing being is to watch a few people jiggle about and play let's pretend in a cocktail lounge on a ship is up there with The Colosseum in Rome,  The Star Ferry in  Hong Kong, The Grand Palace in Bangkok, The Taj Mahal,  The view of the Thames from a bridge, The Sydney Opera House but perhaps I'm wrong.

• Like 2

As someone new to big cruise ships (Celebrity) but not at all new to cruising, I find this whole discussion with B-Rizzle to be quite peculiar.   Why on earth would someone who has never cruised or apparently has no plans to do so anytime soon, spend so much time posting on Cruise Critic?  

We have visited all of the wonderful sites cited on the previous post and agree that those marvelous experiences are far more important than any bizarre performance art show on any ship.

As for Eden, we are happy that our booked cruise on Eclipse will be prior to the "Revolutionizing" of that ship, as we have seen nothing whatever that suggests that the addition of an "attraction" similar to Eden would be worthwhile.  Both the descriptions of the Eden experience and the videos thereof appear to be, as previous posters have noted, nothing more than a rather pathetic parroting of "Hair, the Musical", but without the great songs.   We loved "Hair" when we first saw it in London in the early 70's and would not really find a creepy redux of it on X to be something of value. 

Further, as other posters have commented, the idea of these Edenites approaching or making physical contact with passengers in other areas of the ship is quite repellent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freddie said:

I find this whole discussion with B-Rizzle to be quite peculiar.   Why on earth would someone who has never cruised or apparently has no plans to do so anytime soon, spend so much time posting on Cruise Critic?  

My guess (though only a guess) is that they have a relationship to the performers or entertainment staff on the ship. I agree, it is quite odd. And this individual (@b-rizzle) creates multiple posts in support of Eden. Most of the passengers who actually experienced it (my wife included) were turned off by the "performance" and left the environment. My suggestion (which I will be doing) is to set that user as one to ignore, using the features in the CC site. Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 12:50 AM, B-Rizzle said:

yeah, that's why Alice in Wonderland is so magical to me! Who doesn't truly love that part of the story??? So yes, grow and shrink and enjoy the YUMMY food in Eden!

And one pill makes you small "go ask Alice." ( Jefferson Airplane) ..

Hope no Alice B Toklas brownies served in EDEN...

I agree..may be time to find the ignore  button ...

Edited by hcat
  • Haha 1