Edenites Deserve Respect Too

B-Rizzle

49 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Oh my gosh, I seriously wish we could leave this type of behavior at home. I feel like Celebrity is giving us a test and we're failing. I for one am glad they're here!

So are we all going up to the Retreat..no borders! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Just curious about how long  you have been a Celebrity Cruiser?  Many times this concept has been tried and failed.

We,ll see how it goes this time around..

I am moving on from this conversation  to give others space to weigh in....will be back after our cruise next month!

The answer is never been on a cruise of any kind. Surprised?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

It bugs me that people are referring to performers from Eden as "those people", and promising to tell them to "go away", if they perform in other parts of the ship. I don't even like the term "Edenites", it really doesn't help. They are all really trying, and it takes time to get this all down, and have a knack for who to approach. If we put in some effort to understand their world we fit right in, and make them feel quite warm, too.

Right???

I seriously just think you have to be more approachable! I don't like that that there is this fear of outsiders coming through on this thread, but when the ship hits port and you become the outsiders, then it's ok.

Ugh, lets all try and be good people walk the other way if we don't like it. We're all privileged if we can cruise, and many of these performers come form poorer countries, and have this special place and opportunity to connect.

To us, its a weird concept that would be a reason for us to avoid the Edge. Well not just the Eden thing, but the Veranda situation doesn't look too appealing either.

I wouldn't be rude to the performers, but I don't have an interest in interactive entertainment. We just don't, that's us. Not interested in being "approachable", so for us its best avoided. If you like it, by all means indulge in it. People who know they don't like it don't have to like it, or pretend to like it for other peoples sake. But again, these entertainers are people too, and they don't deserve rudeness for doing their job, either. Some people may like new stuff such as the Eden Experience, and we like the familiar comforts of the older ships. 

Edited by bermadu22
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Oh my gosh, I seriously wish we could leave this type of behavior at home. I feel like Celebrity is giving us a test and we're failing. I for one am glad they're here!

I am open to Celebrity having any types of entertainment they want, and I will likely be a wallflower and watch the entertainment in Eden but not take part in it. Who knows I may find it entertaining from a distance. 

I want to add that I would never be rude to the performers if they approached, I would be polite in my not wanting to take part. That is just common courtesy. 

Are you open to the fact the some have personalities that make this form of entertainment very difficult for them to participate in? In my 14 cruises I have never initiated a conversation with a non family member on board, and I honestly don’t see that changing. I do say hi to crew members as they are walking around though, but don’t generally engage in conversations. 

So yeh I guess I don’t like your tone and trying to make us introverts feel guilty about not liking a style of performance art. Everyone has different tastes in arts, entertainment, and music which makes the world an interesting place:)

Edited by cgolf1
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Lilikins said:

Also I just wanted to add how impressed I am with your granddaughter. My parents have a photo of me crying hysterically in front of Goofy when I was around that age. Good for her for having more social grace than many adults.

And she could have had a picture with the WHOLE FAB-FIVE if she had just been more comfortable with Goofy. She politely explained it all to the character handler. I do have a video which I shot "over the bow" of Goofy's muzzle so I (sort of) got them all together. LOL

fullsizeoutput_3b8.jpeg

IMG_0858.JPG

Edited by Tao Diva
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tao Diva said:

And she could have had a picture with the WHOLE FAB-FIVE if she had just been more comfortable with Goofy. She politely explained it all to the character handler. I do have a video which I shot "over the bow" of Goofy's muzzle so I (sort of) got them all together. LOL

What a cute mermaid! I’m with her though. Goofy is scary. I love how comfortable she is with the others though.

23 hours ago, Lilikins said:

What a cute mermaid! I’m with her though. Goofy is scary. I love how comfortable she is with the others though.

I seriously just love watching kids with Disney characters so much!  Goofy takes some getting used to. Thanks for sharing!!

Let's really NOT OVERREACT. The hysteria (yes I'm using this word) from people who have NOT STEPPED FOOT ON THE EDGE IS BORDERLINE IDIOTIC. There are NOT roving gangs of Edenists marauding all over the ship. If you're sitting at the Martini bar or relaxing at Cafe al Bacio YOU WILL NOT SEE AN EDENIST. I was on the ship SO I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. 

JUST STOP THIS!!! 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seriously kwokpot, THANK YOU!

I have to admit I'm was a little sad to see everyone overreact, and jumping to conclusions. I love what these cruise lines like Celebrity and Virgin are trying something new. I'm excited to see the interactive performers and we need to give them their space too, and a shot at making it awesome!

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Let's really NOT OVERREACT. The hysteria (yes I'm using this word) from people who have NOT STEPPED FOOT ON THE EDGE IS BORDERLINE IDIOTIC. There are NOT roving gangs of Edenists marauding all over the ship. If you're sitting at the Martini bar or relaxing at Cafe al Bacio YOU WILL NOT SEE AN EDENIST. I was on the ship SO I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. 

JUST STOP THIS!!! 

Strange but I haven't seen anyone else making over the top statements like this one. Pardon me but this post seems a bit hysterical and insulting. There have been reports from some people who have had the Edenists approach them in both places you mentioned. Just because you didn't see this happen doesn't mean that others didn't.

It wouldn't freak me out to see them but let's not discount the feelings of others. If people specifically seek out a performance or go to an area where people are supposed to be performing that's one thing but some of the things people have reported do seem a little out of line for those who are just minding their own business.

Edited by Ma Bell
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

I seriously just love watching kids with Disney characters so much!  Goofy takes some getting used to. Thanks for sharing!!

Hey there! Just wondered if everything's okay, tried calling you a couple times but no answer. 

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

JUST STOP THIS!!! 

I think you really need to calm down and stop insulting people in truth. No one has stated there are roving gangs marauding around. There are posts from individuals who HAVE stepped foot on the ship who have encountered individuals in Cafe al Bacio. Can’t say it would bother me personally, although it’s not my cup of tea everyone should be respected, it’s a job. I actually think however the only person overreacting is you.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Seriously kwokpot, THANK YOU!

I have to admit I'm was a little sad to see everyone overreact, and jumping to conclusions. I love what these cruise lines like Celebrity and Virgin are trying something new. I'm excited to see the interactive performers and we need to give them their space too, and a shot at making it awesome!

When is/ was your Celebrity  EDGE and or Virgin  cruise?

What is your fav X  or Royal ship to date?

Just curious so we know what you are comparing  to....

11 hours ago, kwokpot said:

JUST STOP THIS!!! 

Relax, the issue I have with the OP is that they are telling all of us we need to interact with the performers because they are doing their jobs. Based on the video that was linked I can guess what they think of people that won’t. 

I think that there are many of us out there that don’t like people invading our personal space, including friends and family, so no we won’t let random strangers into it and that is ok. Will this keep us from checking out Eden on our upcoming cruise, heck no, we can’t wait to see the ship in person. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Relax, the issue I have with the OP is that they are telling all of us we need to interact with the performers because they are doing their jobs. Based on the video that was linked I can guess what they think of people that won’t. 

I think that there are many of us out there that don’t like people invading our personal space, including friends and family, so no we won’t let random strangers into it and that is ok. Will this keep us from checking out Eden on our upcoming cruise, heck no, we can’t wait to see the ship in person. 

If you go to Eden during breakfast or lunch there are no performance artists roaming around. At breakfast there's background music set very, very low. At lunch the music is a little louder and there may be a musical group that does live performances but no roaming Edenists. 

Honestly, you're more likely to be bothered by other passengers throughout your cruise than have an encounter with an Edenist performer during your whole 7 day cruise. Please, please don't be freaked out by this. 

The lunchtime food is very good at Eden and there's no extra charge. There's a daily carved sandwich special (fresh turkey, beef, pastrami) and there are other sandwiches, soups, and salads. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kwokpot said:

JUST STOP THIS!!! 

Ok, so after reading your post, I had to go back and reread this thread from the beginning. It seems that there is only one histerical post here: yours. Why are you yelling?

• Like 5

On 12/20/2018 at 7:54 PM, B-Rizzle said:

No!  I was saying that we have no right to tell the Eden performers to "go away" and act like they're the intruders.

Actually -- I DO believe that I have that right. I'm the customer. If I go into the Eden performances space (just like on Disney), then I should expect to 'play along'. However, if I'm sitting in the Martini Bar (minding my own business), that's a totally different matter. And, no -- I don't feel the need to 'pay it forward', because I already paid, up-front, when I ponied up the over-priced fare for the cruise. But, I do appreciate your enthusiasm for all things 'cruising', B-Rizzle! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, richsea said:

Ok, so after reading your post, I had to go back and reread this thread from the beginning. It seems that there is only one histerical post here: yours. Why are you yelling?

It seems some people are so over the top protective of their favorite cruise line/ship that they react to any criticism of it like you were criticizing their child.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mnocket said:

It seems some people are so over the top protective of their favorite cruise line/ship that they react to any criticism of it like you were criticizing their child.

Yep … I think you nailed it !

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Actually -- I DO believe that I have that right. I'm the customer. If I go into the Eden performances space (just like on Disney), then I should expect to 'play along'. However, if I'm sitting in the Martini Bar (minding my own business), that's a totally different matter. And, no -- I don't feel the need to 'pay it forward', because I already paid, up-front, when I ponied up the over-priced fare for the cruise. But, I do appreciate your enthusiasm for all things 'cruising', B-Rizzle! :classic_biggrin:

That is untrue. They don't chain Tarzan to the Jungle Cruise Ride, you can see the characters all over the park. ANd you know what? I've never been on a cruise but my ex and I almost booked The Magic several times, and I'm tempted to try one of the three new ships because I bet they're going to be AWESOME!!!

I'm really excited to see what Branson has to offer in February when the sailings open up, and watching what's happening on the Edge. Eden really IS a great option for those of us open to it and it sounds like they have FANTASTIC Food and drinks. But obviously not for everybody!

15 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

That is untrue. They don't chain Tarzan to the Jungle Cruise Ride, you can see the characters all over the park. ANd you know what? I've never been on a cruise but my ex and I almost booked The Magic several times, and I'm tempted to try one of the three new ships because I bet they're going to be AWESOME!!!

I'm really excited to see what Branson has to offer in February when the sailings open up, and watching what's happening on the Edge. Eden really IS a great option for those of us open to it and it sounds like they have FANTASTIC Food and drinks. But obviously not for everybody!

YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE???   WOW!

If you are not a cruiser, what brings you to Cruise Critic and why are you so  involved in this thread.. By any chance are you related to an Edenist or the production company...?

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3