Concierge worth it

ano

I know that this a bit of personal choice, but we are booked on a B1 balcony in April, but see we can upgrade to A3 or A2 for $200 or $300 per person. We've never been on Oceania but been on many other mainstream cruises. So is it worth it?  This cruise is not very sold out but Oceania doesn't seem to be reducing prices any. Maybe after final payment is due.

So the perks are things like: Canyon Ranch private Spa Terrace.    Is this those "spa" chairs? 

and: access to private Concierge Lounge.  Anything good in there?

and we can't forget the: logo tote bag...

it  depends as you say on worth it is  a personal choice

You also get 3 free bags of laundry (20 items)

bottle of bubbly or wine

If you are sailing in a warm weather cruise the spa Terrace might be worth it  & the T-Pool there

Concierge lounge on the larger ships only  but  they have coffee/tea water/soda.juice & some snacks 

tv & some chairs to read in  desktop computers

a few other perks in the A cabins

the cabin size  of A & B cabins are the same 

DH likes the T-Pool  so  sometimes we will do the A cabins  but it does not matter to me  as long as I am sailing  LOL

JMO

• Like 2

I like the location of the A cabins also over the other non suites. Some though prefer as low on the ship they can get for stability in case of bad weather.

we’ll be in an A2 in just 35 more days!!!

Edited by pinotlover

1 hour ago, buggins0402 said:

Also, there is an earlier opening for specialty restaurant reservations (60 days), as opposed to 45 days for lower categories (45 days).

If you prefer to dine early and at a table for 2, Concierge class's 60 day booking window is the only way to assure this will happen in specialty restaurants. It is a big deal for us...others may not care so much.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, edgee said:

If you prefer to dine early and at a table for 2, Concierge class's 60 day booking window is the only way to assure this will happen in specialty restaurants. It is a big deal for us...others may not care so much.

We  had B cabin in July  got all 6:30 slots 2 tops  for our reservations  except Jacques  which  I did not book at all

I think it depends on supply & demand  on the specific sailing

This question keeps on repeating.  That's not a criticism of the OP.  If you don't see the answer or can't manage with the search function (as I could not for a very long time), you are welcome to ask.

As you have seen -- the answers are different from different people!

We usually are in a PH, and sometimes above.  But we took a downsell in July 2016 on Nautica to a B2 and didn't miss the concierge benefits (or the PH butler) at all.  In the A/B/C cabins we consider that it's not at all feasible to have breakfast in the room, so that concierge benefit isn't of much use -- at least to us.  We have very occasionally used the Concierge or Executive Lounges, but again ... but very occasionally.  When we did go in there it was to talk to the Concierge about setting up a Meet & Greet -- which most people won't be doing!  If we missed lunch and got back late, we'd go into the lounge to see what food we could scrounge up before dinner.

Personally, I wouldn't pay extra for these features either.

We WILL pay extra for a higher suite so as to have breakfast/dinner in the room comfortably ... but that's us!  Manyu people don't consider that extra cost worth it as many who book the B/C cabins don't consider the concierge benefits worth it.

It's something YOU have to decide for yourself, and it can be very difficult to make that decision before you've sailed in the particular cabin.

Hope I haven't further confused you ...

Mura

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea42 said:

Another small bonus was that our cabin was available about an hour and and a half earlier on embarkation than those booked in the B cabins.

Definitely a bonus but not something you could count on. I don't think that's a listed perk, although noon embarkation is. Doesn't mean your room will be ready early though. 

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

it  depends as you say on worth it is  a personal choice

You also get 3 free bags of laundry (20 items)

bottle of bubbly or wine

If you are sailing in a warm weather cruise the spa Terrace might be worth it  & the T-Pool there

Concierge lounge on the larger ships only  but  they have coffee/tea water/soda.juice & some snacks 

tv & some chairs to read in  desktop computers

a few other perks in the A cabins

the cabin size  of A & B cabins are the same 

DH likes the T-Pool  so  sometimes we will do the A cabins  but it does not matter to me  as long as I am sailing  LOL

JMO

I am surprised at you Lyn, you forgot the lap pashmina.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

I am surprised at you Lyn, you forgot the lap pashmina.

LOL

They are not worth a mention

so thin  they would not keep you warm sitting in the cabin let alone on the balcony

now  using it in the dining room may work😉

10 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Why are people from Northern  climates always so cold on vacation?

Canadians, eh?

😇

LOL

I prefer the cooler climates  cannot take the heat  like we had this  summer 😉

We loved our consierge cabin on Marina located Nearby the consierge lounge which made it so convenient to get coffee, snacks etc.  Next time we were further from the lounge and didn’t use it as much so really didn’t find concierge anything special but loved the location the first time and would book CC again in that location for longer cruises.  

It wouldn’t matter to me at all on a 7 or 10 day cruise.  

On 1/3/2019 at 12:53 PM, ano said:

I know that this a bit of personal choice, but we are booked on a B1 balcony in April, but see we can upgrade to A3 or A2 for $200 or $300 per person. We've never been on Oceania but been on many other mainstream cruises. So is it worth it?  This cruise is not very sold out but Oceania doesn't seem to be reducing prices any. Maybe after final payment is due.

So the perks are things like: Canyon Ranch private Spa Terrace.    Is this those "spa" chairs? 

and: access to private Concierge Lounge.  Anything good in there?

and we can't forget the: logo tote bag...

That depends.  

How important are the extras to you, and is it worth another $600?  For me, not worth it.  I don’t want or need the extras,  so a B1 cabin is just find for me.  BTW, never had a problem getting a two top at the specialty restaurants.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Have you figured out yet that it depends on what YOU want??????????

And you may not know that until you sail in one or the other ...

I will say again:  we have usually sailed in PH or above BUT we took a downsell on Nautica in July 2016 to a B1 and were quite happy with it!  We didn't miss the butler, we didn't miss the Concierge Lounge (which we wouldn't have used much anyway).

We DID miss extra space for eating when we ordered in from Room Service.  We dealt with that.  For breakfast we wouldn't have considered ordering in, even in the Concierge room.  We went to the GDR for breakfast on sea days and to Terrace on port days.

It's up to you ... but always hard to know what you will really want BEFORE you sail.

On our first Renaissance cruise (on the R2, now Regatta) we were in a Deck 7 veranda room opposite the laundry room.  We were very happy with it.  We weren't really aware then that there were higher cabin levels!  A few months later we were in what Oceania calls a PH and were entranced with the extra space.

But for our last Renaissance cruise we were on the R7 which had eliminated the PH rooms (then called B category as I recall) which also satisfied us. So we were back to the standard veranda ...

Back then, no butler, no in-room breakfast, no butler ... you get the drift?  We were still very happy with the experience.

Mura

Had A1 concierge on Sirena in December, booked because on Sirena concierge rooms have cabins above and below.  Wouldn't bother otherwise.

BTW, bubbly can be exchanged for bottle of red or white wine and used free in dining rooms. Our cabin attendant took care of it.

Most disappointing to us (Riviera, November) was that our Concierge only seemed to know the word "no".

We were not the only pax to feel his apathy.

No help getting extra specialty dining reservations.

No help cancelling our private tours at cancelled ports (even though the CD said multiple times over the PA that Concierge class pax could seek his help). Our CC friends on 7 in Balcony class had more luck working with Dest. Services.

No help with other little requests. 

The best feature for us was access to the outdoor lounge/tub in the spa. Again, more seasoned Balcony cruisers cut their own deal with the Spa and paid for access.

The lounge was OK--but no better than any of the other many, uncrowded public areas.

We did board early, but as it was a rainstorm in Venice, they graciously let everyone on early.