Signature on Cruise Critic

USCAdventurer

My signature was grandfathered. Under the new rules I can't even manage to delete the cruise that has already sailed! Deleting that cruise still leaves 3 pending cruises so the change bombs out with a message about too many images. After we sail in May I should be able to delete two of the images and fit within the new limits.

Edited by Thrak

3 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Me too, Lew.  You can also see who has checked your personal profile with the new system.  I find it interesting who keeps checking mine. 

Interesting. I had no idea that one could see that information. It has to be enabled manually for it to work.

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Interesting. I had no idea that one could see that information. It has to be enabled manually for it to work.

Really?  I'd like to change that ability.  It's interesting to see who is constantly checking my profile but I'd prefer to block that person from viewing me.  Not sure if there is an availability for that.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

12 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Me too, Lew.  You can also see who has checked your personal profile with the new system.  I find it interesting who keeps checking mine. 

I have a question about that - do you know if you have to actually click on the profile or does it show as a "view" when you inadvertently hover over the name and avatar of a poster and their info pops up within the thread? I really don't want people to think I am checking out their profile when in actuality I am not.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

16 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Thank you for the heads-up, Bobbie.  I was unaware of that feature.

Now, instead of providing features of questionable value, perhaps they could spend some time getting the boards to function correctly...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Yup - I see that :classic_smile:

I hovered over your name - and limited info popped up - does it show that I looked at your profile?

You have to actually click on my board name.  Look at yours and you'll see that I clicked on your name and now it appears in your "Recent Profile Views".

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

I just tried it on your name.  I actually clicked on your board name and now it appears in your "Recent Profile Views" section.

how about mine - I thought I had that feature blocked ???

Just now, voljeep said:

how about mine - I thought I had that feature blocked ???

Oh!  Just hovered over your name and saw where you can block that part.  Then clicked on your name and sure enough, the "Recent Profile Views" are blocked from YOU seeing them.  Wondering if we can block people from seeing your profile without blocking all of their posts too?

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

so, DLM, could YOU see who had seen my profile ...???

No, not at all. 
When I roll over my name, I don't have the same options that you do either.  You can "Message" "Ignore User" or "Find Content".  I only have "Find Content".  Could just be because I'm the account holder.  ??

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Just checked and don't see a way to "make profile private" or anything of that sort. I enabled the viewers and see some folks have looked at my profile. They are welcome to look if they like. It's not as if it's interesting or has any private information.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Just checked and don't see a way to "make profile private" or anything of that sort. I enabled the viewers and see some folks have looked at my profile. I don't see why... I can't be all that interesting that folks would check my profile. :classic_blink:

Exactly!  I don't mind the occasional viewing but every week, week after week by someone I'm sure is not a fan.  Weird.
I would think it would be an easy change for the CC IT people to make an option to "make my profile private".

5 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Exactly!  I don't mind the occasional viewing but every week, week after week by someone I'm sure is not a fan.  Weird.
I would think it would be an easy change for the CC IT people to make an option to "make my profile private".

I'm actually a bit confused here. The only way I even see "recent profile visitors" is if I click to enable this "block":

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

If I enable the "block" then I see this:

Recent Profile Visitors

725 profile views

I then see the latest 5 viewers but no other info. I'm unclear on how a "block" shows me the info and what disabling the block actually accomplishes.

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

But sometimes fat fingers takes you to a posters profile rather than their post, so I’m not sure they are really checking anyone out.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

But sometimes fat fingers takes you to a posters profile rather than their post, so I’m not sure they are really checking anyone out.

Glad I'm not the only one who has hovered over somone's screen name by accident when I was just trying to read their post.  :classic_rolleyes:

I don't care who sees mine ... no private information there.  

46 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Glad I'm not the only one who has hovered over somone's screen name by accident when I was just trying to read their post.  :classic_rolleyes:

I don't care who sees mine ... no private information there.  

That doesn't do anything.  No profile view at all.

Thrak - I agree.  It's a little confusing as to what blocking actually does.

• Like 1