New Diamond Drinks menu on the Jewel

LidoBoy

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

No limits on the drinks in the DL during the C&A HH. You will also get three C&A drinks loaded on your Seapass card each evening that can be used at other bars that are only good during the C&A HH. 

So could we use our sea pass card for like frozen margarita during HH?

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

New Diamond drink list on Oasis.

20190106_145844.jpg

I spy a welcome introduction of Sauv Blanc which was not on the other menu from Jewel !

I think we had a “chat” about SB being available on some cruise and not on others already.

Consistently inconsistent.

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If you can’t stomach it straight, it’s the same crap in a mix. They improved the Diamond whiskey and scotch, seems like it wouldn’t have been hard to improve the Vodka. They also added USA number one beer, Bud Light. 

Amsterdam is nothing more than paint thinner. 

I agree with Amsterdam description. However, it's £20 a bottle here. Certainly not worth that.

Looks like it's C Morgans for me know although Kraken would have been better.

Can't complain though as it's free

15 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I agree with Amsterdam description. However, it's £20 a bottle here. Certainly not worth that.

Looks like it's C Morgans for me know although Kraken would have been better.

Can't complain though as it's free

I just can’t believe people drink crappy stuff just because it’s FREE. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:23 PM, LidoBoy said:

Bartender said this new menu was announced this week.  I didn't ask if it is fleetwide. I'm not thrilled with the change in gin brand from Tanqueray to Beefeaters.  New menu includes some additional liquors too.

image-20190105_114800.jpg

Thanks for posting.  Like the changes, especially the one for Gin.  Love my Beefeater gin & tonic drink during the happy Hours.

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just can’t believe people drink crappy stuff just because it’s FREE. 

That's why I use the 3 drinks on my card. I can get Grey Goose that way.

On the other hand, you should try Scotland at New Year. Some places I would settle for thinners

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bigeck said:

That's why I use the 3 drinks on my card. I can get Grey Goose that way.

On the other hand, you should try Scotland at New Year. Some places I would settle for thinners

You are lucky.  I have been 50/50 getting absolut and grey goose at bars.  But once I find them, I do tend to return every night.

14 minutes ago, frank808 said:

You are lucky.  I have been 50/50 getting absolut and grey goose at bars.  But once I find them, I do tend to return every night.

Still better tham NA. I was on Navigator Ta. Managed to get GG at the Sky Bar until I found out I could get a triple Grey Goose and a can of sprite for $4. Never managed to get that anywhere in the world cheaper

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flamingos said:

What if you get your drinks at 'any bar'?  I keep reading about the lounge being full and mere Diamonds being excluded.  🙂

I think you’re confusing this with concierge/suite lounges. 

But if the Diamond lounge is too crowded for your taste then you can use the 3 drink coupons at another bar, as davekathy mentioned above. 

Edited by BekkaW

15 hours ago, little britain said:

I spy a welcome introduction of Sauv Blanc which was not on the other menu from Jewel !

I think we had a “chat” about SB being available on some cruise and not on others already.

Consistently inconsistent.

Hope the Sauv Blanc is still available when we go on Jewel at the beginning of Feb :classic_smile:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My apologies to Milwaukee Eight.  Not meant to quote you...

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO AFTER THE 5:00 MARK, 

This goes for a large percent of Rum produced in the Caribbean and various brands of Bourbon which are not really 100% produced by the names on the label as implied.  ...

Edited by boscobeans

On 1/5/2019 at 2:23 PM, LidoBoy said:

Bartender said this new menu was announced this week.  I didn't ask if it is fleetwide. I'm not thrilled with the change in gin brand from Tanqueray to Beefeaters.  New menu includes some additional liquors too.

image-20190105_114800.jpg

I agree 100% about the "Beefeater" Gin. That has to be the worst tasting Gin on the planet, IMHO. Tastes like it was poured through a dirty sock.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I agree 100% about the "Beefeater" Gin. That has to be the worst tasting Gin on the planet, IMHO. Tastes like it was poured through a dirty sock.

Tastes sure are different and Beef does have a strong citrus and spice that a lot of people may not like but they did sell about 3 million cases last year and lots of gin fanciers like the fuller taste it delivers. At least it tastes like gin in a gin and tonic.. LOL.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO AFTER THE 5:00 MARK, 

This goes for a large percent of Rum produced in the Caribbean and various brands of Bourbon which are not really 100% produced by the names on the label as implied.  ...

If that video was of interest here is one more dealing with mostly Ryes and Bourbons...  

1 hour ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

I thought that's what all gin tastes like.  :classic_dry:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Am I misremembering that triple sec used to be included on the list? Or was it just available without having been listed?

I appreciate that they are including a nicer Scotch Whisky, but agree with the others above:  Where's the Bourbon?

A couple of years ago, when we were doing the Brilliance frequently, I asked the Bar Manager for Triple Sec to be added to my DW's margaritas.  The next week it was on the printed menu, which I stole (excuse me - borrowed indefinitely).  It has never been on the official corporate list but many bar tenders will make our margaritas with it, if asked.