Laundry turnaround for Elite

mellon1

I have read where laundry can take 4+ days to get back when you are elite and not in a suite.  How do you know how many elites are on the cruise?  This year only going for 20 days and determined to cut back on luggage (hubby says I say that every year LOL), but afraid we will not have our clothes back in time.  

On another note, how long does it take just to get things ironed.  I will need DH's shirt ironed for formal the next day.  Is it quicker just for ironing?

Thanks for any help you can give us.  I really don't want to spend my time in the laundromat!

This summer in the Baltic, there were very few Elite AND I was in a suite- Laundry took about 2 and half days...

Last month on the Royal, there were quite a few Elite- Laundry took one day.

Honestly, I think it has as much to do with the cabin steward as anything else. Our steward on the Baltic cruise did not want to go and check. Ever.

I am not sure about a one day turn around. There are irons in the laundry rooms. I know you said you did not want to go there, but it may be the fastest way to get that one shirt ironed.

I don't know how you can determine the number of elites on a cruise before boarding.  We've found that the more 'exotic' and longer the cruise the more elites with the laundry perk.  In the past year, we had no problems with getting a 24 hour turnaround on 7 day Alaska and 10 day southern Caribbean cruises.  In 2017 on a 25 day Rome to Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale TA (sold as B2B or a single cruise) it was more than 72 hours each time.

2 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

I have read where laundry can take 4+ days to get back when you are elite and not in a suite.  How do you know how many elites are on the cruise?  This year only going for 20 days and determined to cut back on luggage (hubby says I say that every year LOL), but afraid we will not have our clothes back in time.  

On another note, how long does it take just to get things ironed.  I will need DH's shirt ironed for formal the next day.  Is it quicker just for ironing?

Thanks for any help you can give us.  I really don't want to spend my time in the laundromat!

Iron: Suggest you do this yourself in the self service laundry room. No charge, just walk in an iron. You can pay for same day service, cost is around $5.

Turn around time really depends on how many elites are on board. If there is a lot there will be a note in your cabin mentioning the number of days. With lots of elites it can take 72 hours. Since you mention 20 days I'm thinking you are taking one of 10 day Caribbean b2b's. These usually have a good number of Elites.

If you really want to know the number of Elites on board visit the Captain's Circle host and ask.

27 minutes ago, skynight said:

Iron: Suggest you do this yourself in the self service laundry room. No charge, just walk in an iron. You can pay for same day service, cost is around $5.

Turn around time really depends on how many elites are on board. If there is a lot there will be a note in your cabin mentioning the number of days. With lots of elites it can take 72 hours. Since you mention 20 days I'm thinking you are taking one of 10 day Caribbean b2b's. These usually have a good number of Elites.

If you really want to know the number of Elites on board visit the Captain's Circle host and ask.

Thanks for the tips.  I didn't know they put a note in the cabin about the laundry.  We are doing 2 10 B2B for a 20 day you are right.  

39 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

We are doing 2 10 B2B for a 20 day you are right.  

Our 10 day Caribbean cruise was on the Crown over Christmas and there was no problem with a 24 hour laundry turnaround.  I hope you are just as lucky!

The last 5 cruises in late 2017 and in 2018 were 3 days plus turnaround in a suite and Elite.

IMO......I think they may be phasing it out. 

I cannot remember the last time I received it back in 24-48 hours.

Finding out the numbers of Elite on any given cruise is not going to help imo.

1 hour ago, TracieABD said:

Honestly, I think it has as much to do with the cabin steward as anything else. Our steward on the Baltic cruise did not want to go and check. Ever.

You can tell if your laundry is ready by checking your onboard account. If the charge (and subsequent refund) has been posted, it's ready for the steward to grab it.

Just off CB 14 nts. Cabin attendant told us on the 1st day that laundry would take 2 days & it did.

He picked the bag up in the morning and it was returned (with shirts etc on hangers) the next evening.

2 hours ago, TracieABD said:

This summer in the Baltic, there were very few Elite AND I was in a suite- Laundry took about 2 and half days...

Last month on the Royal, there were quite a few Elite- Laundry took one day.

I am not sure about a one day turn around. There are irons in the laundry rooms. I know you said you did not want to go there, but it may be the fastest way to get that one shirt ironed.

Thanks...I will add that to my DH's honey do list!

55 minutes ago, macmax said:

Just off CB 14 nts. Cabin attendant told us on the 1st day that laundry would take 2 days & it did.

He picked the bag up in the morning and it was returned (with shirts etc on hangers) the next evening.

2 days is better than 3!!  Really want to underpack this trip, but we don't want to run out of clothes!

59 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

You can tell if your laundry is ready by checking your onboard account. If the charge (and subsequent refund) has been posted, it's ready for the steward to grab it.

Wow...very smart!  

I hope that ones of these days, Princess changes to put a limit on the amount of laundry each Elite can get done per day or week or whatever. Surely they can come up with an amount that gives everyone a reasonable amount of laundry. This would reduce the amounts put it by those who add laundry for non-Elites.

• Like 1

People on here have said suites laundry can take up to 2 days or so.  Suites get same day laundry service.  Never had a problem with that.  You just need to mark the same day service box on your form.

we are elite and when we have not cruised in suites our room steward was always been able to get our laundry back by the next night if turned in by 9am the previous day.  Even if the ship was busy.

maybe just a fluke?!

as far as ironing.  I always do it myself as soon as we are unpacked so that hubbys shirt is fine for the first formal night.

27 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

People on here have said suites laundry can take up to 2 days or so.  Suites get same day laundry service.  Never had a problem with that.  You just need to mark the same day service box on your form.

we are elite and when we have not cruised in suites our room steward was always been able to get our laundry back by the next night if turned in by 9am the previous day.  Even if the ship was busy.

maybe just a fluke?!

No for us...on the CB and the Regal we did not get suite same day service. It took 3 days plus.

It was the same on the Emerald Island and Coral in the last 12 months.

They did not care what you marked on the form.

5 hours ago, earljr said:

Our recent 25 days on the Crown started out with 2 days and went to 3 with one 4 day.

We received a notice in our cabin that the delay was due to the number of elite on board

Appreciate the heads up.  Well looks like I will not be packing as light as I wanted to.

4 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I hope that ones of these days, Princess changes to put a limit on the amount of laundry each Elite can get done per day or week or whatever. Surely they can come up with an amount that gives everyone a reasonable amount of laundry. This would reduce the amounts put it by those who add laundry for non-Elites.

We usually do our days clothes, so as not to "smell".  When we get on we have a bag of our preclothes that we do not need back until the end of the cruise.