Judge Rules Carnival Not Guilty

sanmarcosman

Perhaps Carnival needs to review the drink packages offered to passengers.

If there is a record of how many alcoholic  drinks a person has ordered in a 24 hour period, that information would give the bartenders credibility in cutting someone off who has had too many.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

If there is a record of how many alcoholic drinks a person has ordered in a 24 hour period, that information would give the bartenders credibility in cutting someone off

who has had too many.

I appreciate your very practical idealism

but somehow I think your idea would never float. Unfortunately.

It would lead to many unpleasant scenes with drunks

and God Knows What Else!

9 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

If there is a record of how many alcoholic  drinks a person has ordered in a 24 hour period, that information would give the bartenders credibility in cutting someone off who has had too many.

some people can drink like a fish and handle a ton of alcohol with no side effects 

For some, a few drinks and they are already soo wasted they become the crazy insane dunks

it is hard to find that perfect balance 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 10Jan54 said:

drinking or not -stay off the railings, they are there to protect us from falling.

Industry standard(?) for railing height

is around 44 ins. but still they manage to "fall" overboard.

That takes some doing!

Look how high the railings are

on Liberty's top deck! Can you "fall off" them??

FireHazard-710.jpg

38 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

This is how bad policies begin. "Good intentions" but there's more to the world than that.

For one example, a 250 lb man could handle 10 drinks differently than a 100 lb female. Who gets to make the call that enough is enough? Carnival already has a 15 drink limit under Cheers which we hear enough complaining about already.

Sad story, good judgement. 

Edited by Joebucks
  • Like 2

There comes a point where personal responsibility has to come into play.
This was a grown adult woman, who made the decision to drink alcohol.
She also made the decision to sit on the safety rail of the ship.
She made the decision to climb the chair to do that.

At what point is Carnival still responsible?

Our cruise last year we saw from our balcony at least 4 different people sit on the railing of their balcony to get photos.
Fortunately other people in their cabin started yelling at them to get down, so we didn't have to say anything.
But it still amazes me how many people we read about falling off of ships, due exactly to that.

These events are tragic and very sad, but ultimately they came down to a personal choice to ignore common sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

How does Carnival control what people drink while in port? 

We should be able to be adults and make responsible choices or have people with us who can. Not have Carnival babysit us. 

1 hour ago, Chervil said:

There comes a point where personal responsibility has to come into play.
This was a grown adult woman, who made the decision to drink alcohol.
She also made the decision to sit on the safety rail of the ship.
She made the decision to climb the chair to do that.

At what point is Carnival still responsible?

These events are tragic and very sad, but ultimately they came down to a personal choice to ignore common sense.

well said .... you saved me alot of typing :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

I am just off the Fantasy. I saw the bartenders in the Majestic Bar cut someone off. He was visibly intoxicated (weaving, slurring, sloppy). His friends and fellow guests supported the bartenders actions.

I also saw people hit more than 15 drinks every day and they were intoxicated but in control. 

• Like 1

Sometimes it's not easy for the bartenders to tell if someone's had too much, especially if they're getting slammed with orders. I've known plenty of people who could drink enough to where they would make stupid decisions, yet keep it together and seem sober long enough to get another drink. Yes, bartenders are supposed to be trained to spot the drunks, but the occasional person can slip through if they know what the bartender is looking for. 

Definitely a bummer for her husband and kids. Alcohol ruins a lot of lives. I never ever ever agree with blaming

the bartender. Just a personal opinion--I know its law here in the states but rarely enforced. I think that law is seriously flawed. Stay in control of yourself at all times. No excuses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

some people can drink like a fish and handle a ton of alcohol with no side effects 

For some, a few drinks and they are already soo wasted they become the crazy insane dunks

it is hard to find that perfect balance 

Especially if you’re sitting on a railing! 🤣

• Haha 1