Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I got the same feeling that those cabins were a bit smaller than the usual AQ. It will be interesting to see what the dimensions are for those cabins.

I booked Alaska on Millie yesterday. We have always done AQ when not in a suite - decided to take many CC recommendations and book in the aft for best views. I didn't want to chance the 5 aft AQ cabins on deck 11 above the bar (that we have loved) without the canopy for some privacy, though maybe the reviews will be great and we will change our minds.  I ended up booking a C1 aft with a massive balcony, so we will get to enjoy the new MDR.

Will be following reviews of the new deck 10 AQ cabins. Also hope the 5 deck 11 aft AQ remain good options for us on M Class.

Love the afts on the M class.  The cabins are slightly larger also.  Lots of privacy and really really big balcony. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Donut23 said:

Keep the Aft Facing Balcony Cabin.  I promise.promise.promise you will not regret it.

i switched to an aft facing balcony cabin at final payment for Hubs (fiancé then) first cruise (Alaska).

he was hooked and we returned to Alaska for 2 weeks the following year and were married on the Radiance Of The Seas, this time in one of her Junior Suites Facing aft.

Every time I suggest something other than aft facing now his face scrinches and he makes little snorting sounds as he walks away.

Here is the Best reason to book an aft facing balcony (besides a view of both sides - everything) ......

Here is our next cruise balcony on the Summit to Bermuda.  A little wider because it is a handicapped cabin.

346175CA-0CD5-4F24-9619-BD715DBD21AE.png

Absolutely agree! We sail in the aft most of the time so need no convincing. We prefer to sail in 1138 or 1141 on M Class (in one of 5 Deck 11 aft AQ's) and corner aft S1's on S Class. We wanted the southern route for Alaska and none of the 5 aft AQ were available, though they were for the northern route. I went back and forth and finally went with a C1 aft for the southern route. If the reviews for the aft AQ look good despite losing the canopy below, I might head north instead and go with one of those (hate to miss out on Blu and the new spa). 🙂

This is from 1141 on the Summit (notice the canopy below):

image.thumb.png.edb8613a00ce433f463c05c3d312e327.png

Edited by vtcruising

12 minutes ago, Oville said:

Have they had to eliminate the chair in the 170 sqft cabins? Those are a few feet shorter than the 191 sqft AQs and CCs.

I can't speak to to smaller cabins but if you examine closely the cabin photo Pugmadlad posted you'll see that the nightstands, bed and chair are all pretty much smack up against each other as is the chair towards the veranda door. If the beds are separated the right side nightstand stays and the left side nightstand goes in between the beds. The left side bed will be smack against the chair. At least with those new AC rooms on deck 10 the chair is all the have room for. You can confirm with Pugmadlad about the spacing of all the furniture in their room to confirm what we're assuming. There really wouldn't be any other reason why they didn't provide new larger seating. 

14 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Absolutely agree! We sail in the aft most of the time so need no convincing. We prefer to sail in 1138 or 1141 on M Class (in one of 5 Deck 11 aft AQ's) and corner aft S1's on S Class. We wanted the southern route for Alaska and none of the 5 aft AQ were available, though they were for the northern route. I went back and forth and finally went with a C1 aft for the southern route. If the reviews for the aft AQ look good despite losing the canopy below, I might head north instead and go with one of those (hate to miss out on Blu and the new spa). 🙂

This is from 1141 on the Summit (notice the canopy below):

image.thumb.png.edb8613a00ce433f463c05c3d312e327.png

1 minute ago, TheReeferman said:

Does anyone know if there is any smoking allowed at the Oceanview Bar?  The AQ aft cabins look great, but I'd hate to be sitting on my balcony and have smoke wafting up ?  Thanks

They used to have smoking on the port side, but didn't on a cruise last year so it may have changed. The first time we had 1138, which is more starboard and people were smoking below on the port side, but it wasn't an issue on that cruise for us.

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I can't speak to to smaller cabins but if you examine closely the cabin photo Pugmadlad posted you'll see that the nightstands, bed and chair are all pretty much smack up against each other as is the chair towards the veranda door. If the beds are separated the right side nightstand stays and the left side nightstand goes in between the beds. The left side bed will be smack against the chair. At least with those new AC rooms on deck 10 the chair is all the have room for. You can confirm with Pugmadlad about the spacing of all the furniture in their room to confirm what we're assuming. There really wouldn't be any other reason why they didn't provide new larger seating. 

It will be interesting to see the seating arrangement in the smaller veranda rooms.  You take 2 feet off that chair and you don’t have much of a seat cushion.

12 minutes ago, TheReeferman said:

Does anyone know if there is any smoking allowed at the Oceanview Bar?  The AQ aft cabins look great, but I'd hate to be sitting on my balcony and have smoke wafting up ?  Thanks

Not any longer.   I think they did away with smoking there about 1-2 years ago.   Smoking is now usually only permitted on Port Mid-ship and on Port of Mast Bar and Port on the pool deck in a designated area.   

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

That's precisely my point on why they had to reduce the size of the seating to accommodate the larger beds. 

We use a queen bed at home and have found those "queen" beds on the ships to be far more generous in size and quite sufficient. Frankly, I don't understand the need to go larger (for regular size staterooms), particularly at the expense of cabin space. I guess they consider it a marketing feature, but does it really matter to most.

31 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Love the afts on the M class.  The cabins are slightly larger also.  Lots of privacy and really really big balcony. 

We do too and the FVs are even better than the CCs (done both). It’s a shame that they taken the canopies away though - much more privacy with them in place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bkbarrym said:

We use a queen bed at home and have found those "queen" beds on the ships to be far more generous in size and quite sufficient. Frankly, I don't understand the need to go larger (for regular size staterooms), particularly at the expense of cabin space. I guess they consider it a marketing feature, but does it really matter to most.

Feel the same way. Much rather have the floor space sinc. . I can see putting the King Size in all the suites as there is a lot more square footage.  

And If my memory is correct, I think the C class ships had King Size beds in the suites.  I somehow recall someone I met on the Galaxy and they purposely booked a SS because of the bigger bed. Anyone else recall this or am I dreaming?

The last time I cruised in AQ was on the Connie on deck 9.  Loved the shower jets but the shower doors leaked and were messy.  These new cabins appear to be minus the shower jets.  I have some nagging suspicions about the actual size of them, too.  If the balcony is skinnier, that might be a deal breaker for me.  I'd love to compare balcony depth of new AQ cabin balconies vs the older ones on decks 10 and 9.  And their overall interior cabin length.  

Edited by goofysmom99

58 minutes ago, Oville said:

Don’t blame you Marilyn.  The privacy on the aft AQs looks dicey.  If I had one booked I’d move cabins.  K

Thanks, Katie! Hope I did the right thing - citruscruiser just sent me this picture of the balcony of the cabin we booked - looks great for Alaska.

7208.thumb.jpg.bdd7c92727b1c4ba7a5951c4e1793f89.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Feel the same way. Much rather have the floor space sinc. . I can see putting the King Size in all the suites as there is a lot more square footage.  

And If my memory is correct, I think the C class ships had King Size beds in the suites.  I somehow recall someone I met on the Galaxy and they purposely booked a SS because of the bigger bed. Anyone else recall this or am I dreaming?

It looks like the beds will be all new but not necessarily king size. I went and re-read the Revolution descriptions and it does not say king beds except for The Penthouse Suites. That doesn't necessarily mean that the new queen beds are the same size as the ones they are replacing. Either that or the nightstands are larger. In any case, at least with the new Deck 10 AC cabins, your can see there's no room for a larger chair. We'll have to see other room types to see if there's various chair/loveseat sizes. 

46 minutes ago, Oville said:

It will be interesting to see the seating arrangement in the smaller veranda rooms.  You take 2 feet off that chair and you don’t have much of a seat cushion.

If we look at this photo of a different cabin than the new Deck 10 AQ cabin there clearly is space for a slightly larger chair. FDB53EA2-22A2-4769-AE90-8253E712721E.jpeg.1acb5891a552c38d5aca8a9c4b85e24d.thumb.jpeg.22d538fd4f5a4bb9301945bde1d344a4.jpeg

Edited by kwokpot

The other thing that makes it difficult to determine size is that there isn't a single King size -

In the U.S.  there is a Standard King (76x80)  and a California King (72x84)  and in the UK they have a Super King (72x78) and European King (71x79)

I ran into this problem when we lived in Ireland.   I brought our California King with us and had to buy my linens in the U.S.

If I recall @VT Cruiser measured her bed on Edge. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is interesting to see the thermostat.   It looks to be very similar to the Edge.    The limited pictures I've seen of the other cabins look like the old ones were kept in place.  Would love to hear from anyone on board?

The original rooms do indeed have the original thermostats. They have had massive issues this cruise with aircon not working in many rooms 

1 hour ago, TheReeferman said:

Hello form Millie Non smoking in sunset bar 

6 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Thank you for the great pic!  is that a door at the far end? wayyyyy down at the other end? if so, what is on the other side?
and are all 13 AQ cabins before that door at the far end (I tried to count doors - LOL!  but that didn't work)?  Just wondering if all of these cabins are off to the side of the "main road" of the Spa amenities, entranceways, etc.

Really do appreciate the time you are taking to send us these great visuals, while you are vacation!

Morning, all 13 cabins are indeed in this corridor. The other side of the door at the far end is the old door into the solarium. The spa is now portside. As mentioned before the only issue I’ve noticed with any noise is from Cosmos. In general during the day it’s very quiet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IanK said:

Thank you for sharing the pics. Does the shower have a glass screen, or is it still a curtain?

Morning. It has a glass screen. All cabins across the ship now has glass screens. I don’t like the AQ shower head though. It’s strange 

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, Katie! Hope I did the right thing - citruscruiser just sent me this picture of the balcony of the cabin we booked - looks great for Alaska.

7208.thumb.jpg.bdd7c92727b1c4ba7a5951c4e1793f89.jpg

Looks like a C1 aft balcony on one of the M-Class ships.

5 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Looks like a C1 aft balcony on one of the M-Class ships.

She said it was Connie 7208. We will have Millie 7208 so I will be looking for any changes now that it has been redone. I like the look so far - it will be nice to have everything fresh and new. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

She said it was Connie 7208. We will have Millie 7208 so I will be looking for any changes now that it has been redone. I like the look so far - it will be nice to have everything fresh and new. 🙂

We had 8170 on Millennium, and the table/chairs that you can barely see to the left of the picture was two chairs and a very large table.  The other two were loungers like you get up on the pool deck.  I see 2 chairs and a small table.  I guess it differs from ship to ship.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

If we look at this photo of a different cabin than the new Deck 10 AQ cabin there clearly is space for a slightly larger chair. FDB53EA2-22A2-4769-AE90-8253E712721E.jpeg.1acb5891a552c38d5aca8a9c4b85e24d.thumb.jpeg.22d538fd4f5a4bb9301945bde1d344a4.jpeg

This pic suggest to me the new AQs are smaller but perhaps the earlier pic making the chair look jammed in between nightstand and slider was an optical illusion, who knows.  Other than the 5 aft A1s on M Class ship on deck 11 we were never interested in the others up there, sounds like the deck ten may have some of those concerns.

Edited by Oville

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I went and re-read the Revolution descriptions and it does not say king beds except for The Penthouse Suites. 

Has there been any pictures posted of the Penthouse Suites post refurb?