Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

39 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Perhaps you are unaware, but the Infinity hit the dock in Ketchikan in 2016, causing damage. Stuff happens...

I witnessed the reverse situation. I was on the Millie for a Panama Canal Cruise. We were up in the Cosmos Lounge watching the ship go through the locks when all of the sudden there was a huge THUNK noise and the ship jerked slightly forward. We all knew that was not normal and something happened. Turns out that the ship was not fully in the lock before the doors shut and hit the back of the ship. When we cleared the locks we were informed while we were anchored at the lake there would be repairs done to the ship for minor damage from the lock doors. It was all finished by early morning and we were not delayed in the least. We were told that happens all the time to ships going through the locks. 

Edited by kwokpot

2 hours ago, twodjs said:

Still waiting to hear about the new locker room setup - sauna? window? just lockers? Someone must have been in there. Just give us some details. 

This picture gives part of the answer, it shows the before and after port side of the Millennium, where both of the locker rooms are now located. Those two porthole windows are gone but new windows were added further forward. 

Screenshot_20190213-084317__01.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [g]cruiserke said:

More detailed look at the newly update Millennium Oceanview Bar area. Love the furniture! 

Screenshot_20190213-133943__01.jpg

Thanks for posting!  I really did not like the bar stools in this area on Edge.  They were very tight, hard and uncomfortable.  I'm happy they used different ones on Millennium!

16 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

The shower doesn't look like one in Aqua and I don't see any foot stools.  Is it possible that these are pictures of a regular veranda?

It looks this new AQ cabin on Deck 10 also does not have a sofa/love seat - but rather just a traditional chair.  That seems odd as every AQ cabin I've been in had a sofa due to the slightly larger interior space vs. a normal veranda.

As Anita Latte pointed out, the Oceanview Bar image looks like a rendering rather than a photo - there's just something white where the deck 11 cabins should be and the shadow under the chair on the left is not in line with any of the other shadows, so it's not certain that the stools represented are the same as the ones actually in situ.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, hcat said:

I am confused..is this last one Rendevous Lounge or Michaels Club?

This looks so  much nicer than the big green chairs and neon  ceiling lighting! 

Better lighting with the drapes open!

Is the Rendezvous Lounge on M Class the same as the Ensemble Lounge on Solstice Class?  We were on the Equinox, just got off, loved it.  But the Ensemble Lounge, right outside Michael's Club was indeed dark.  Although we passed several enjoyable hours there on several days, listening to the lounge musicians.  Totally enjoyed.  

1 hour ago, stines said:

It looks this new AQ cabin on Deck 10 also does not have a sofa/love seat - but rather just a traditional chair.  That seems odd as every AQ cabin I've been in had a sofa due to the slightly larger interior space vs. a normal veranda.

My *guess* is that the AQ cabin is a two-person maximum and therefore, they did away with the pull-out sofa.  Again, just a *guess*.  We often used the sofa/love seat to sit and have a glass of wine, watch a bit of TV before Zzzzzzzzz.

I wonder if the new furniture allows for more open space within the cabin (illusion of grandeur).  We have one of the new Deck 10 rooms booked for this Fall on board the Summit - so of course, I will be doing a comparison - LOL

48 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

Is the Rendezvous Lounge on M Class the same as the Ensemble Lounge on Solstice Class?  We were on the Equinox, just got off, loved it.  But the Ensemble Lounge, right outside Michael's Club was indeed dark.  Although we passed several enjoyable hours there on several days, listening to the lounge musicians.  Totally enjoyed.  

The Rendezvous Lounge on M class is beautiful and is port to starboard with windows a stage in the middle and a bar facing the stage.  They hold the art auction trivia and lots of talks here.  In the daytime the curtains are open and you have views of both sides of the ship.  At night the curtains are closed and the entertainment starts with a nice big dance floor.

12 minutes ago, njaloha said:

The Rendezvous Lounge on M class is beautiful and is port to starboard with windows a stage in the middle and a bar facing the stage.  They hold the art auction trivia and lots of talks here.  In the daytime the curtains are open and you have views of both sides of the ship.  At night the curtains are closed and the entertainment starts with a nice big dance floor.

Well, then, I will look forward to seeing that Lounge next Feb.  While on the Equinox, we booked the Summit.  It's a great itinerary out of San Juan.!  At first we were a little disappointed by the new look, but after talking to the booking agent on board and seeing large versions of the renderings, I am rather excited about the new look. I will be looking forward to reviews and blogs posted by you CC folks as you see firsthand the new Summit!  We booked a Celebrity suite, which is what we had on Equinox.  So, please, anyone on her in March, please post your opinions!!  Thanks

14 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

Well, then, I will look forward to seeing that Lounge next Feb.  While on the Equinox, we booked the Summit.  It's a great itinerary out of San Juan.!  At first we were a little disappointed by the new look, but after talking to the booking agent on board and seeing large versions of the renderings, I am rather excited about the new look. I will be looking forward to reviews and blogs posted by you CC folks as you see firsthand the new Summit!  We booked a Celebrity suite, which is what we had on Equinox.  So, please, anyone on her in March, please post your opinions!!  Thanks

Celebrity suite on the M class is my fave suite on any Celebrity ship. Those big windows are amazing and separate bedroom is key. We were in one last summer for Bermuda after getting a phenomenal price somehow under $3k pp.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, njaloha said:

Celebrity suite on the M class is my fave suite on any Celebrity ship. Those big windows are amazing and separate bedroom is key. We were in one last summer for Bermuda after getting a phenomenal price somehow under $3k pp.

We have a Celebrity suite March 30 on Summit, but I hope we see pictures before then. If not, I will post some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stines said:

That does not look like an AQ shower.  We were just in AQ on Infinity in November and they had the typical AQ shower with all of the water jets (probably at least 6).

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yikes.... lots of unhappy Norwegian cruisers. from a look at social media.

Really unfortunate for certain

Having engine and power failures/issues --being diverted to PR was for safety-- Really a shame because repairs to that port structure is going to take longer than the engine/power repairs.

Certainly Norwegian will be comping them 

4 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

More detailed look at the newly update Millennium Oceanview Bar area. Love the furniture! 

Screenshot_20190213-133943__01.jpg

This rendering doesn't show there is deck 11 above it

Earlier on this Millie thread there are pics of the actual aft bar

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, njaloha said:

Our favourite suite on the M-class as well.  Those windows!!!  and sunsets ... our best deal was a Celebrity Suite [Constellation], Israel & Med 12-night cruise.  $4000 CAD (~ $3000 USD) for the CABIN.  With all four perks and that Suite, Celebrity paid us to cruise - LOL!

DSC_2120-L.jpg

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 5