Concierge Laundry Benefits

VAWCB

Among the benefits we receive by booking the concierge class are doing three bags of laundry.  My question is whether the three bags need to be sent out together at one time, or if we can do one bag on day 4, one on day 7, and one on day 10?

32 minutes ago, VAWCB said:

Among the benefits we receive by booking the concierge class are doing three bags of laundry.  My question is whether the three bags need to be sent out together at one time, or if we can do one bag on day 4, one on day 7, and one on day 10?

I think you cannot send out a bag within 3 days of the cruise end date... which suggests the timing they might have for turnaround?

We didn't notice the turnaround time midway on our last cruise, but it didn't seem to take long.

GC

• Like 1

Geezer couple is correct...you cannot send bags within 3 days of end of cruise. And there is suposedly a 3 day turn around.Other than that you can send 1 bag at a time.

We've used the included laundry twice on our current cruise on the Marina. The first bag came back in 2 days, the other in 24 hours. Our ship is only about 75% full so I'm sure that is why the turn around time is shortened.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

3 bags  max during the  cruise  of 20 items per bag

keep in mind they say a 3 day turnaround  so make sure you keep something to wear  😉

We booked a PH suite. Does a pair of socks count as 2 or 1 item. Our cruise is 20 days long so we will have to space it out.

Sea 42...this will be my first time using the laundry service. When you get your laundry back is it just shoved into the bag? Folded?   I'm  also going to do underwear in the self service. Not keen on having someone doing my underwear. Leaving next week on the Nautica.

2 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Sea 42...this will be my first time using the laundry service. When you get your laundry back is it just shoved into the bag? Folded?   I'm  also going to do underwear in the self service. Not keen on having someone doing my underwear. Leaving next week on the Nautica.

Not Sea42, but we've found the laundry comes back very nicely folded... much nicer than I would do :classic_wink:

Our only complaint this past trip  was that there was a very strong odor similar to laundry detergent, which made us wonder how well it was actually rinsed.

We re-washed the batch when we got home.

I don't remember noticing that before.

GC

1 hour ago, cflutist said:

We booked a PH suite. Does a pair of socks count as 2 or 1 item. Our cruise is 20 days long so we will have to space it out.

I would hope  a pr is considered 1 item

I use the laundry room  where I can wash as many prs  plus other items  for $2   😉 a load

1 hour ago, cflutist said:

Here's what we do to spread the bags across a 20 day cruise. We go to Wal-Mart and buy enough socks and underwear to make it 20 days without having to wash any. Then the only things we have to put in the laundry are our outer garments (shirts, pants, etc). Of course we only have to do that one time as we can reuse them the next time we go on a cruise. Now, if your 20 day cruise is a B2B or Grand Voyage (i.e., 2 legs combined as one), you will get 3 bags per leg.

3 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

Regarding self laundry....where do you buy tokens? One for wash and another for dry? Detergent? 

You can get tokens in the laundry room, there is a machine.  Or you can have them charged to your ship board account at guest registration.  I always have too much OBC, so use this option.

The detergent is provided.  There is a machine on the wall that dispenses it.  

4 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

Regarding self laundry....where do you buy tokens? One for wash and another for dry? Detergent? 

on the R ships  the detergent is on the wall & you push the putton that corresponds to your washer

On the O ships you use the cup with the detergent dispenser & add it to the washer

n/c for the detergent

3 minutes ago, pmcue said:

Does this apply to PH was well.  Also, it says free pressing in PH.  Do they limit that.  I am hoping we can unpack and give the things that need pressing, day 1. 

Not  sure  what you are referring to

But  usually  in Concierge there is 4 cards  for  free pressing  You put the card in the bag with your item fill in the form & give to the housekeeping staff

for PH your butler  probably handles it

I just go to the laundry room & touch up my things  that may need it

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

on the R ships  the detergent is on the wall & you push the putton that corresponds to your washer

On the O ships you use the cup with the detergent dispenser & add it to the washer

n/c for the detergent

Can you use your own detergent (allergy problems)?

We need to use a tiny amount of special detergent whenever possible (and as mentioned above, the "fragrance" of O's laundry detergent was almost overwhelming on the "free laundry" items that came back so nicely folded...

Sounds like it might not be possible on the R ships?

GC

2 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

We need to use a tiny amount of special detergent whenever possible (and as mentioned above, the "fragrance" of O's laundry detergent was almost overwhelming on the "free laundry" items that came back so nicely folded...

GC

I have done so in the past  the detergent drawer is still there 

2 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

GC

Do not use personal laundry detergent that is not "Ocean friendly," which is what the ship uses. BTW, the ship detergent in the self-serve laundries are fragrance free and prediluted.

I have a few questions about the laundry perk.Thanks in advance for any information.

This will be our seventh cruise on O. We are in a PH on Riviera. Do we get free laundry as well? Are the laundry items pressed?

Mary

You can send out 20 items at a time.  We were in a PH on the Riviera in December.  The laundry items aren't pressed and everything else came back fine except my husbands shirt which was folded but certainly needed pressing.  Apparently you can press them in the laundry room.  We didn't need to as he just wore a shirt he'd worn before on the ship.  

The provided detergent in the laundry rooms is indeed fragrance-free.

Last week on Insignia the our sent-out laundry came back with no obvious scent, and I am quite fragrance-sensitive - so there is  some variability and ymmv. 

Sorry GC that you got a super-scented batch with the laundry service - hopefully that was a rare mistake.  If that happens to anyone in the future, try asking for a second go-round using *no* detergent (and possibly vinegar??) to fix the problem (would hope it would be gratis at that point). 

Ime it is a lot easier to get scent into clothes than to get it out...when we stay at friends' homes I am now in the habit of sleeping in a t-shirt instead of a nightgown, since it bugs me less to soak/wash/fuss with a t-shirt that I can toss if the scent lingers too long (from any scent in the sheets) vs hassling a favorite nightgown...

16 minutes ago, babysteps said:

The provided detergent in the laundry rooms is indeed fragrance-free.

Last week on Insignia the our sent-out laundry came back with no obvious scent, and I am quite fragrance-sensitive - so there is  some variability and ymmv. 

Sorry GC that you got a super-scented batch with the laundry service - hopefully that was a rare mistake.  If that happens to anyone in the future, try asking for a second go-round using *no* detergent (and possibly vinegar??) to fix the problem (would hope it would be gratis at that point). 

Ime it is a lot easier to get scent into clothes than to get it out...when we stay at friends' homes I am now in the habit of sleeping in a t-shirt instead of a nightgown, since it bugs me less to soak/wash/fuss with a t-shirt that I can toss if the scent lingers too long (from any scent in the sheets) vs hassling a favorite nightgown...

Thanks.

Yes, IF we had "needed to use" those clothes, we would have asked for a "do over", especially as our room was already flagged as "fragrance free" (special cleaning instructions, no air freshener, etc.).

The scent was *overwhelming*.  

But it was near the end of our cruise, and we had enough to get home, just barely.

Because it was relatively late in the cruise, they would also have had to rush it.

Interestingly, we didn't ever notice any detergent scent (or any noticeable scent) on bed or bath linens.  In retrospect, that does make the personal laundry a bit strange.

We've found the hospitality industry to be very helpful these days when there is a medical need, be it dietary or otherwise.  On other lines, they've occasionally given our linens a double rinse.  (That wasn't any issue on Oceania, fortunately.)

GC