SUGGESTED NEW ACTIVITIES FOR EDGE!

hcat

EDGE activities seem a bit sparse :  no printed puzzles, newspaper recaps , no library.

Other activities are not that attractive for us  drone races, laser tag,  pay for trivia, poetry, haiku.   I am thinking of ideas Celebrity might consider for EDGE that almost everyone can enjoy.. Hope others have more to add!

Daily early walk or stretch session with activities staff,,.great way to start the day !

Painting Classes..did not see any listed ..

Lawn type games...  putting contest, ping pong,  oversized Chess and Connect 4..

Credit to Wonderman for  his great  day resort photos which inspired this post!

CB4AAF6D-7726-4F7C-A50C-0855E10F6112.thumb.jpeg.a59a802c733d15b53c188a3df4541fb4.jpeg.jpg

C0739163-5127-4DC6-B1EE-9D94DC0CDC7E.thumb.jpeg.78c8cfe80e70c853f6adbfad22958057.jpeg.jpg

There was a painting activity offered on our Edge sailing, which DH was very excited about....

It was led by a famed artist and if you wished to participate you were obligated to bid on your work, which would be enhanced by said artist, at an auction held the next day. Minimum Bid=$2900.00!

Needless to say,  DH did not take a canvas!

16 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

There was a painting activity offered on our Edge sailing, which DH was very excited about....

It was led by a famed artist and if you wished to participate you were obligated to bid on your work, which would be enhanced by said artist, at an auction held the next day. Minimum Bid=$2900.00!

This may be one of the more ridiculous things I’ve ever read .... Who would even consider that ? 

• Like 1

I think the drone racing and lazer maze sound fun! You mentioned a few-based trivia?!?! You have to pay to play trivia? That’s super upsetting to hear.... one of the reasons my family is trying Celebrity rather than going on another RCCL cruise is so we aren’t nickeled and dimed.  We love doing trivia and name-that-tune as a family - but fee based play leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.....

Yes  fee based and played on your tablet...you can search for  sev threads that cover that issue..sounds like not so much fun to us!

i think the laser and drone  race is great for families They also have some cool dj stuff    but I think  they can offer more 

Would .not pay more than a small fee for a painting class..not interested in  the crochet.

47 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yes  fee based and played on your tablet...you can search for  sev threads that cover that issue..sounds like not so much fun to us!

i think the laser and drone  race is great for families They also have some cool dj stuff    but I think  they can offer more 

Would .not pay more than a small fee for a painting class..not interested in  the crochet.

A small fee painting class would also be fun- but I still can’t get over a fee for trivia.  Using a tablet doesn’t bother me- but the fee certainly does.  

Edited by rachelmle1

3 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

OMG....at first I thought you were joking...but you aren't are you.....for goodness sake who in the world do something like that????????

Currently on the Edge & today there are 3 Trivia sessions; General Knowledge, Capital Cities & the 3rd is Interactive Trivia Game ShowTime Play Live!! Requires smart phone or tablet & there is a fee for that session.  The first 2 no fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Currently on the Edge & today there are 3 Trivia sessions; General Knowledge, Capital Cities & the 3rd is Interactive Trivia Game ShowTime Play Live!! Requires smart phone or tablet & there is a fee for that session.  The first 2 no fee.

PAYING for trivia is crazy....

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear some free fun trad trivia is back along with the other option.

I was happy to hear they have dance lessons...hope no fee!

Any other suggestions,?

Edited by hcat

51 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Paying for trivia; for me, this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. If that policy goes fleet wide, our days of cruising Celebrity are over after over twenty years. Way too many other choices out there.

1 hour ago, richsea said:

Paying for trivia; for me, this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. If that policy goes fleet wide, our days of cruising Celebrity are over after over twenty years. Way too many other choices out there.

But 2 out of 3 sessions are no fee...seems to me a good  compromise for now!

Some do like the tablet style..not us but at least there are choices,

32 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Hope Valentina is on a well-deserved vacation. 🙂

He leaves the Edge on Thursday and is carrying out the handover until then.

I'm sorry you will miss her again but we will see her on the 30th😊

Have a wonderful cruise Marilyn and stay out of harms way this time eh🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

But 2 out of 3 sessions are no fee...seems to me a good  compromise for now!

Some do like the tablet style..not us but at least there are choices,

I think "for now" is the key point you make.

I'm sure if they can get $1 profit from charging they will evolve all to that method. (if I were betting person, I would bet against the "pay" game being a long term success...but time will tell)

How much does the "pay" trivia cost? and what are the prizes?

I was trying to make this thread  about new activities.

..there are several threads about the trivia issue.  I do not know the answer but maybe someone on one of those threads does or someone on board or with access to the app.

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

I was trying to make this thread  about new activities.

..there are several threads about the trivia issue.  I do not know the answer but maybe someone on one of those threads does or someone on board or with access to the app.

I would like to see more family activities. 

- Name That Tune

- Scavenger Hunt

- Escape Room or puzzle hunts

- Pictionary

- Trivia appropriate for muti-generational families including children

- Arts and crafts relating to ports of call

- Bingo

- cooking classes

- “Nailed It” style baking competition 

- cookie or cupcake decorating

- retro video game competitions (pac man, space invaders, Tetris, burger time, etc.)

- Family movie screenings

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Post the fee schedule, if you can, for:

Sunshine

Breeze

Wake viewing

I always state that Celebrity executives are smart people.  I am beginning to question, at least, their common sense. 

Edited by shipshape sam

14 minutes ago, rachelmle1 said:

I would like to see more family activities. 

- Name That Tune

- Scavenger Hunt

- Escape Room or puzzle hunts

- Pictionary

- Trivia appropriate for muti-generational families including children

- Arts and crafts relating to ports of call

- Bingo

- cooking classes

- “Nailed It” style baking competition 

- cookie or cupcake decorating

- retro video game competitions (pac man, space invaders, Tetris, burger time, etc.)

- Family movie screenings

These are all great...cost virtually nothing for the Cruiseline to organize,  and sound like great fun...for all ...We'd participate in all but the Escape Room...that one is too Edgey for us!  The cooking challenges were always fun to watch!

20 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Post the fee schedule, if you can, for:

Sunshine

Breeze

Wake viewing

I always state that Celebrity executives are smart people.  I am beginning to question, at least, their common sense. 

These are all excellent ways to spend the day on cruises,  plus night sky  viewing,  looking for sea life,  sunsets etc, but sometimes we like a bit more. ! 

Edited by hcat

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

Great, sounds like Celebrity is listening!   Maybe by April when we go, there will be more activities and maybe a couple of interesting enrichment lectures on sea days.  The trivia change was a real sore point with us.