Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2019

barbpretz

Why worry about patterns on carpets or colors which may be different on different ships? As you step off of the elevator just look to one side or the other on the wall beside the doorway into the hall where there is a ship's silhouette that clearly shows you which way is forward and which way is aft.  Easy to see from the middle of the elevator area too! That is the same on every one of the Princess ships. At least it is on every ship I've been on so far.

Tom

image.jpeg.3000ac6e51510addc67593dc772d9cda.jpeg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Why worry about patterns on carpets or colors which may be different on different ships? As you step off of the elevator just look to one side or the other on the wall beside the doorway into the hall where there is a ship's silhouette that clearly shows you which way is forward and which way is aft.  Easy to see from the middle of the elevator area too! That is the same on every one of the Princess ships. At least it is on every ship I've been on so far.

Tom

Elegantly simple!

Brilliant. 😃 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

We look at the color of the pattern on the hallway carpet to know which way to go as we get out of the elevator....hope the Sapphire has the different carpets.

Just got off the Sapphire. Yes, the carpets are a little bit different. Look at the color of the dots.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I can’t tell you how many times I walked by my cabin until I put this on my door.

Tony

I had a lot of respect for you Tony until now. Patriots, come on. LOL

Back to the secrets, someone re-mentioned the elevators as to the direction they face. Middle elevators on the Coral and the Island are backwards from the others. Middle elevators behind the atrium face aft and the middle glass elevators in front of the atrium. Glass elevators also only operate between decks 5 and 8.

I see when I was editing I dropped an important piece.

Back to the secrets, someone re-mentioned the elevators as to the direction they face. Middle elevators on the Coral and the Island are backwards from the others. Middle elevators behind the atrium face aft and the middle glass elevators in front of the atrium face forward. Glass elevators also only operate between decks 5 and 8.

Edited by TheRabbit

19 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I can’t tell you how many times I walked by my cabin until I put this on my door.

Tony

F328A76D-02DB-4F6E-92A0-C04830507F51.jpeg

Did you hang it AFTER Super Bowl VII?  I know you have 6 rings but the Eagles have 4, and their division is harder.  Face it - you have to play Miami, Buffalo, etc.  🙂

5 hours ago, MixerDave said:

Did you hang it AFTER Super Bowl VII?  I know you have 6 rings but the Eagles have 4, and their division is harder.  Face it - you have to play Miami, Buffalo, etc.  🙂

I will be using this picture to find my cabin this year.

Tony

EDE92AB3-73EA-4E10-B1D1-86483C79597F.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:04 AM, Pierlesscruisers said:

Tom

Except it's easier to see the carpet than the signs....at least for us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Except it's easier to see the carpet than the signs....at least for us!

I was well aware of the differences in the older carpet (red/blue and waves facing forward). Have you been on a ship with the newer carpet? If so, what is the difference between port and starboard?

2 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

I was well aware of the differences in the older carpet (red/blue and waves facing forward). Have you been on a ship with the newer carpet? If so, what is the difference between port and starboard?

The ships we’ve been with new carpet is the same on both port and starboard sides. Most recently we were on the Ruby. Hall carpets were a beige pattern and no difference between port & starboard. 

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

The ships we’ve been with new carpet is the same on both port and starboard sides. Most recently we were on the Ruby. Hall carpets were a beige pattern and no difference between port & starboard. 

That is exactly what I have seen, they are the same with the new carpet.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Fairfield Nana said:

This may really be a "secret" was I've only seen it in a couple comments on this website and my TA knows nothing about it--Does Princess offer OBCs too veterans? Or if I try claim them will it just get me put on KP?

Prince most definately offers veterans OBC.

Just search princess cruises veteran obc. Link to their page for this will be in the first few hit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

Prince most definately offers veterans OBC.

Just search princess cruises veteran obc. Link to their page for this will be in the first few hit.

Even better, it’s stackable with other OBCs and refundable. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 4:22 PM, 2 cruises a year said:

I bought one of these on Amazon.  It has the European plug, and 3 outlets.  I can plug my CPAP, and the lamp in.  I also plug a charger for my phone in and charge my phone on the bedstand at night.  No other adapters needed.  I also have used it in hotels during our pre-cruise stays.

It says it is surge protected.  It is not!!  The ones made for the USA are surge protected, the Euro one is not.

I have been on several Princess ships, and never had a problem finding the lamp outlet to use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MNRCOPC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does the European plug list anywhere on it that is DOES have surge protection? I wonder as some US plug "surge protected" extension cords ARE confiscated upon boarding. Your extension cord is a great idea as long as you can actually use it on the ship. We require extension cords for our two heating pads (pre-approved by Princess) and a COPD machine. We usually get extension cords from the ship (also pre-requested) but plugging your extension cord under the bed sure would save a lot of cords laying on the cabin floor.

8 hours ago, Fairfield Nana said:

This may really be a "secret" was I've only seen it in a couple comments on this website and my TA knows nothing about it--Does Princess offer OBCs too veterans? Or if I try claim them will it just get me put on KP?

Easy Peasy...find the address to mail your DD214 to (Google is your friend) and it will be kept on file forever. Every time you book a cruise, the OBC will appear in your Credits in your Personalizer. Up to $250 depending on the length of the cruise.

As others noted, it's stackable, refundable and Princess is wonderful for recognizing our active, retired and just plain veterans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Easy Peasy...find the address to mail your DD214 to (Google is your friend) and it will be kept on file forever. Every time you book a cruise, the OBC will appear in your Credits in your Personalizer. Up to $250 depending on the length of the cruise.

As others noted, it's stackable, refundable and Princess is wonderful for recognizing our active, retired and just plain veterans.

I just uploaded a photo of my DD-214 and within an hour or so the credit ($250) appeared on my booking for a Sept. cruise.  I was told via email that it would also automatically be added to all future bookings, with the amount depending upon the length of cruise.  I have 3 cruises set so far, so I'm getting a total of $750 in the next year.  19, 14, and 16 days on the Regal & Crown ships.  Quite accommodating of them I think.

• Like 4