Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2019

barbpretz

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It sounds like it's worth a try. Are you the fellow that found a plug under the bed into which you could plug the European plug? Sounds like a good solution.....we need outlets near the bed for a COPD and heating pads. Otherwise we have cords snaking over the cabin floor and it could be an issue at night, beside the fact we need to coil them up each morning to keep the floor clear.

Doug

Yes, that's me.  If you have been on Princess ships, there one plug like this at the desk, and one in the bathroom. I've been very happy with this.  I use it in hotel rooms pre-cruise, and even in the States, using an adapter to fit U.S. plugs.  There is almost always a plug by the bed for a light which goes right back into the multi--outlet along with my CPAP.  Good Luck.

ps, I know what you mean about getting old, but it beats the alternative.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

9 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

First let me say, "because you read it on the internet, doesn't make it true".  I make no guarantees.  I was duped myself, but it worked out in the end.   I bought my multi outlet in 2015 expecting it to be a surge protected device.  When I received it, it was obviously not surge protected.  No "joules" rating, no reset, I did some resistance and capacitance tests, compared to a surge protected device.  It read like a normal extension cord, not a surge protected device.  I was disappointed.  Just about that time I found out that surge protectors were not allowed on board, for safety reasons too deep to go into now.  Bonus, my multi outlet now was perfect.  The one available now is a different brand name, and different color than the one I bought.  Other than that, it looks identical.  In fact if you look closely at the second picture down in the link that I sent posted, it is a white Won-Pro, and doesn't show any surge protection specifications.  That is the one I have.  Based on the price, compared to other surge protected devices, I think that it is a safe bet that the device with the European plug is not surge protected.  For that price, I would take the chance for myself.

If you are just wanting additional outlets and no cord length. Dollar Tree has a heavy duty one with 3 outlets. I always take it with us. The cord itself is 12 inches. Manufactured by Sunbeam rated at 13 amp. Excellent quality. Price as usual in there a dollar. Unbelievable.

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We used to just show the military ID but now we have to have a Pro number, and we did have to register for that. But we definitely get the discount on construction items. The only time we haven’t been able to get the 10% discount is on things that are special values, already heavily discounted. We spend- and save- a lot at Lowe’s and HD every year. 

Maybe different rules in different states?

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We used to just show the military ID but now we have to have a Pro number, and we did have to register for that. But we definitely get the discount on construction items. The only time we haven’t been able to get the 10% discount is on things that are special values, already heavily discounted. We spend- and save- a lot at Lowe’s and HD every year. 

I can't speak for Home Depot (don't have one in our area), but for Lowe's, you can go online and apply for a My Lowe's Card.  It's not a credit card...just a card that has a member number on it.  Go to any checkout and present the card, they scan it and you get 10% on anything you purchase!  And I do mean anything.  From a light bulb to the refrigerator it goes in and anything in between.  I highly recommend it for any retired or active duty military.

I was having no problem getting the 10% at Home depot till one clerk looked at my ID and said it expired. I replied. it was my service ID and yes, it has expired. I am a vet and no longer on active duty. Her reply was. It is expired I cannot accept that. I guess I am expired also.

12 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

I was having no problem getting the 10% at Home depot till one clerk looked at my ID and said it expired. I replied. it was my service ID and yes, it has expired. I am a vet and no longer on active duty. Her reply was. It is expired I cannot accept that. I guess I am expired also.

All the more reason to shop at Lowe's.

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

HD has been using "special Buy" on many items now - no discount on them.

Is everyone aware that Princess gives a loyalty OBC for each cruise over 20?  They give $25 per cabin for cruise #'s 21 - 31, $50/cabin for #'s 32-41, $75/cabin for #'s 42-51 and $100/cabin for all cruises over #51.  It should be automatically added to your OBC, but if not, check with the Captain's Circle person on board.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Yes, that's me.  If you have been on Princess ships, there one plug like this at the desk, and one in the bathroom. I've been very happy with this.  I use it in hotel rooms pre-cruise, and even in the States, using an adapter to fit U.S. plugs.  There is almost always a plug by the bed for a light which goes right back into the multi--outlet along with my CPAP.  Good Luck.

ps, I know what you mean about getting old, but it beats the alternative.

Thanks for that info.

12 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I had tried to find an email address such as RCI uses (special_needs@rccl.com), but could never find a similar email for Princess. I prefer to use email as then I have a hard copy I can stick in my carry on bag if there is any question upon boarding.  No Princess email, so I called the regular Princess customer service number and explained our situation. Wife uses a COPD, and we both us a heating pad at night. (Being old is a bi*ch!) The Princess agent said no problem, arranged to have extension cords and distilled water in our cabin, and said to pack the heating pads in either carry on or checked bags. But I got no email confirmation except for the extension cords, which kind of makes sense because that is something they must do. So, hopefully I will have no issues with the heating pads. If I do (in Nov 2019) I will report on the Princess forum.

Doug

Thanks for the information Doug!  I will give Princess  a call.

Kim

I love Secret's of Princess.  I know it's been a while since our last cruise.  But...

1) If you forgot or lost your headphones.  You can ask the spa attendants at the entrance for a set. They have disposable ones behind the desk for no charge.

2) Get an extra Princess Patter’s at the Purser’s Desk each day.  I have a "Moody" teen and I prefer not to fight over one.

3) Can bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person on board in your carry-on. 

Question:  Is there still warm cookies served in the evening?  If so, I can't remember where though. 

Edited by szubieta
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, szubieta said:

3) Can bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person on board in your carry-on. 

per person 21 and over in the cabin

additional bottles pay $15 corkage ... even if screw off tops

chum

On 6/21/2019 at 4:09 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

I had tried to find an email address such as RCI uses (special_needs@rccl.com), but could never find a similar email for Princess. I prefer to use email as then I have a hard copy I can stick in my carry on bag if there is any question upon boarding.  No Princess email, so I called the regular Princess customer service number and explained our situation. Wife uses a COPD, and we both us a heating pad at night. (Being old is a bi*ch!) The Princess agent said no problem, arranged to have extension cords and distilled water in our cabin, and said to pack the heating pads in either carry on or checked bags. But I got no email confirmation except for the extension cords, which kind of makes sense because that is something they must do. So, hopefully I will have no issues with the heating pads. If I do (in Nov 2019) I will report on the Princess forum.

Doug

Emailed Princess Access Office to ask about a heating pad on board.  Was told 'Absolutely NOT' because it has a heating element and the welfare of everyone on the ship is their utmost priority.  Oh well, it would have been a benefit for my 84 year old mother, but...

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

cookies - Sometimes still at Movies Under the Stars

Patter for a teen - Stick a phone in front of their face, the Patter is within. 

Nice! I prefer not to waste paper.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

per person 21 and over in the cabin

additional bottles pay $15 corkage ... even if screw off tops

chum

OMGosh!  What won't they charge you for.  On our Disney cruise you got to bring on full bottles of alcohol in your carry-on.  They do charge a lot more for your fare.

Like I said, it's been a while since our last cruise.🛳️

36 minutes ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Emailed Princess Access Office to ask about a heating pad on board.  Was told 'Absolutely NOT' because it has a heating element and the welfare of everyone on the ship is their utmost priority.  Oh well, it would have been a benefit for my 84 year old mother, but...

I'm sort of a Orthopedic Drs dream. We usually use a cruise as a rehab after one of my surgeries. Have brought on and used a heating pad twice. Guess it's who you ask. Left it in our check luggage and left it out in our cabin and nothing said. 2 days till thumb reconstructive surgery and 20 days till next cruise!

46 minutes ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Call Princess and tell them about the need your mother has. That's what I did. Their use was approved by the Princess agent to whom I spoke about a month ago. I also requested extension cords and distilled water for my wife's CPAP machine. THose were noted to be in the cabin for our future Princess cruises.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, twodaywonder said:

I have a card from the VA Medical Center here in San Francisco. It’s my proof of being a veteran. Is their a VA Center/office near where you live?

2 hours ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

Get a hot water bottle. Not as helpful but still works and was relied on for many years prior to the invention of electric heating pads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szubieta said:

Nice! I prefer not to waste paper.

OMGosh!  What won't they charge you for.  On our Disney cruise you got to bring on full bottles of alcohol in your carry-on.  They do charge a lot more for your fare.

Like I said, it's been a while since our last cruise.🛳️

Disney only lets you bring on wine, champagne or a six pack at embarking, and they charge $25 corkage tob bring it to their dining room.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/carrying-alcohol-onboard/

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2019 at 9:31 PM, szubieta said:

I love Secret's of Princess.  I know it's been a while since our last cruise.  But...

1) If you forgot or lost your headphones.  You can ask the spa attendants at the entrance for a set. They have disposable ones behind the desk for no charge.

2) Get an extra Princess Patter’s at the Purser’s Desk each day.  I have a "Moody" teen and I prefer not to fight over one.

Question:  Is there still warm cookies served in the evening?  If so, I can't remember where though. 

I just ask my room steward to give me 2 Patters every evening and he does

20 hours ago, jwattle said:

Disney only lets you bring on wine, champagne or a six pack at embarking, and they charge $25 corkage tob bring it to their dining room.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/carrying-alcohol-onboard/

Well then they sure over-looked the vanilla vodka & rum we took on in our carry-on in 2011.  This was 8 years ago and cruise policies do change.

• Thanks 1