Edge Review - Exceptional - Hits - Misses - Failures - Edenists

Host Anne

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Funny, I could swear it was the opposite for us, but I won't since it was such a whirlwind 2 days! Either way, the option is there for those who think it is all or nothing. 🙂

ECSLADY has it correct. The controls by the window allows you to determine how far up or down BOTH the window and the shade goes by holding down or up the corresponding button (of course they're not labeled). The window on our particular IV room was a bit noisy when it opens & closes. There's also a sensor for the window so if there's any obstruction in the opening the window will stop. 

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Now we can have fun figuring out all the tech stuff,,  why not have a page of instructions on the cabin looseleaf book..oh ....maybe no such book anymore

Vt   Safe travels!

Thanks! I hope I can make it out of Chicago before the snow flies or I might have to meet everyone in Costa Maya.

These instructions were on the dresser - esclady was correct- I had it backwards since you have to hold down on the control by the window or it stops, whereas the one on the control panel you just push and it goes up or down.  A long day at work thinking about getting out of Dodge tomorrow so the brain is fried!! 🙂

image.thumb.png.bd4f4a6369e39e7ed66b7acf59accb4f.png

The cabin attendant showed us how the IV worked, as well as the control panel.

Edited by vtcruising

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

ECSLADY has it correct. The controls by the window allows you to determine how far up or down BOTH the window and the shade goes by holding down or up the corresponding button (of course they're not labeled). The window on our particular IV room was a bit noisy when it opens & closes. There's also a sensor for the window so if there's any obstruction in the opening the window will stop. 

Thanks - we were posting at the same time...🙂

Chamina, we figured there must be a reason the AC is shutting down, and decided that it must think we are sleeping or not in the room, and the only way for it to know is if we use the “sleep” light control on the panel.  It sounds like vtcruiser found a great way to bypass the “saver” mode as well.

Anne, the review was great, and I’m just sorry I didn’t get to meet you on that cruise due to our Cruise Critic Meet & Greet being ruined.

Completely agree with almost all your points, especially the LOUD, blasting music - who thinks electronic techno stuff Oceanview at 7 a.m.or after dinner in Roof Top Garden is a good idea?

We were in Aqua Class with Blu dining room for the first time and had an excellent experience. But no more infinite verandas for me and our former Sky Suites are hilariously expensive.

So we booked a Sunset Veranda cabin on Apex almost two years ahead. We can always cancel or switch to another ship. It will be interesting to see if X learns from the Edge issues and modifies anything.

P.S. I haven’t noticed anyone mentioning the “holograms” of roses that move along the fancy trough-sinks in the ladies rooms on Edge.

4D9015DE-5379-495D-9D00-9A45BB917D14.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Made it out of Chicago - on to Houston!!

Wishing you smooth travels, VT! We're counting on you to board that ship on time, and fling yourself into a week of fun and relaxation - no boo boos allowed😉  When I view that webcam at sail away, I want to see you and your DH looking like this:

🍹😎😎🍹

Great news - not really sure where you are going or how far it is, (Houston sounds like Texas to me, but not really sure how far that is --- ha ha) Anyway, safe journey and hope you have a wonderful (and uneventful !) cruise. You certainly deserve it. :-)

Edited by Presto2

Hooray.. that was the touchiest part of the journey from what I can see on  the weather channel. Hope the next flight  departs  on time...and you have a great flight!

May the travel gods  keep smiling  upon you...

Keep us posted!

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Wishing you smooth travels, VT! We're counting on you to board that ship on time, and fling yourself into a week of fun and relaxation - no boo boos allowed😉  When I view that webcam at sail away, I want to see you and your DH looking like this:

🍹😎😎🍹

That sounds good to me!! 😀

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Great news - not really sure where you are going or how far it is, (Houston sounds like Texas to me, but not really sure how far that is --- ha ha) Anyway, safe journey and hope you have a wonderful (and uneventful !) cruise. You certainly deserve it. 🙂

Hi Presto! We are trying to avoid a huge snowstorm so have traveled from the Northeast to Texas and now back to Florida. If we make it there tonight it will be worth it! Great flights so far.😀

Edited by vtcruising

57 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hooray.. that was the touchiest part of the journey from what I can see on  the weather channel. Hope the next flight  departs  on time...and you have a great flight!

May the travel gods  keep smiling  upon you...

Keep us posted!

Made it to Houston and on to FLL!! In 1st class for this leg and really enjoying it so much better for some reason. 😉

84A79589-D721-4047-9955-F48ECF1F2B13.jpeg

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Cheers!

Thanks!!

44 minutes ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

VT,   love those drink photos.   1st class - great way to start the trip.

Wish you were here! It’s going to be a blast! (that may be the cosmos taking). 😉

Thus is the first flight I don’t want to end! 🙂🙂🌈🎈

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We are trying to avoid a huge snowstorm so have traveled from the Northeast to Texas and now back to Florida. If we make it there tonight it will be worth it! Great flights so far.😀

VT,

Sorry our weather in Houston was a little damp.  But, at least it was warm for your short visit.  😎

25 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We enjoyed our stay in Houston very much. We started in Vt which was -9 yesterday when I went to work (not sure about today), 29 in Chicago, 63 in Houston and just got to Ft Lauderdale and it was 73! It’s all good!!😀

Welcome to Florida, it’s chilly here, 64.:classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

The pilot must have lied! Oh well, it feels great to me! 😎

I’m sure it does.  Still here in Naples, will drive over in the afternoon tomorrow.  Nabbed a Marina Tower room on the 11th floor, port view.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1