Worst nightmare ever, scamming to the next level

oscar6220

Dunno what the story is either BUT Its a violation of every CC agreement I have ever seen to refund a points card in cash. Beyond that if the amount was 70,000 it woula cost PC a min of $1400.00 at standard exchange rates and as much as $4200.00 on a Premium (points type card) Dunno where folks think those points and rebates come from But its important to remember it comes from the merchant who takes the card. Unless the refund goes to the card, it comes out of the merchants pocket. Not many can take that kind of a hit.

The OP would recieve a check from the CC company in the event the card was not active. (assuming he didn't have a balance on the card.) That being said there is just too much here that doesn't add up.

Honestly, I don't think it's for any of us to decide whether the OP's story is true or not. We aren't being injured by his claims. I think that several people have offered several pieces of clear, constructive advice. It's up to the OP to either follow or reject that advice. He has nothing to prove to US, because there's nothing we can really do about it. If he wants to vent, fine. If he wants advice, fine. But otherwise, this matter really needs to be sorted out between the OP, Princess, his bank, and possibly his attorney. People are wasting their time asking for "proof" or questioning whether it's really the OP pulling a fast one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dani24 said:

Honestly, I don't think it's for any of us to decide whether the OP's story is true or not. We aren't being injured by his claims. I think that several people have offered several pieces of clear, constructive advice. It's up to the OP to either follow or reject that advice. He has nothing to prove to US, because there's nothing we can really do about it. If he wants to vent, fine. If he wants advice, fine. But otherwise, this matter really needs to be sorted out between the OP, Princess, his bank, and possibly his attorney. People are wasting their time asking for "proof" or questioning whether it's really the OP pulling a fast one.

Young Lady, you are wise above your years, exactly what I was thinking!

If you have traveled with Princess before this should look fairly familiar to you. (sry, need some privacy on what we spent on board :/, thus I don't think its relevant to the topic) I don't think I need further explanation on how to read this. The total refundable matches the excel file they sent me. The ongoing issue here is that someone messed up the exchange rate ...intentionally* ... 

The intention of this was really to see if anyone had refund issues with Princess who I could relate to and perhaps get attention from Princess to fix this issue asap. I really appreciate everybody who took the time to understand my situation and provide me with advice. I have emailed their executives /(Elliott Advocacy) and hopefully, someone will get back to me. I mean if people are interested in knowing how it goes in the foreseeable future, I don't mind updating here so people will see another side of how large corporations can be unreliable... (based on my experience) so others can be more careful about their money and where it’s going.

Onboard Account.jpg

14 hours ago, Dani24 said:

I'm not asking for proof and I only began to question the matter because (at the risk of a pun) this doesn't add up.  It seems as though something is missing.  You are absolutely correct that there is nothing we can do about it and that the matter needs to be sorted out by the involved parties and I hope the matter does get straightened out.  However, OP brought his story to a discussion board.  He didn't ask for help or advice from us, but he was telling us that a company many of us do trust is untrustworthy.  OP is getting what this board offers - a discussion.  We didn't interject ourselves into his situation, he brought the matter to us with the intention of spreading adverse information about Princess.  When someone comes to you telling you not to trust an entity you do trust, you aren't required to accept what that person tells you at face value.  It is up to you to either blindly accept what you are told or do some critical thinking and make a decision on the merits of what you have been told.

I am not suggesting that OP is scamming.  I just find it difficult to believe that a company that in the past has always done refunds properly (as even the OP states) has suddenly changed its business model and has started scamming (OP's word) its customers.  This does not make sense - something seems to be missing.

Sometimes we have found that Princess cannot get out of their own way when it comes to internal policies and bureaucracy.  Dealing the home office can require a lot of patience as well as persistence.   We had a recent issue (last spring) with Princess that took 4 months to fully resolve.  What we discovered is that Princess does have specific employees who are assigned to specific ships as problem solvers (technically customer service reps).  The problem is getting to the right person and convincing him/her to work on your behalf to cut all the internal red tape.  Whether elevating your issue to the executive suite (assuming you can find anyone to take an interest) is the best approach remains to be seen.   Like any large bureaucracy, finding the right internal advocate is the key.  Just keep your patience (threats only create new problems such as having to deal with the legal department) and document all of your phone calls, e-mails, etc.

Somebody mentioned Chistopher Elliott, who is an ombudsman person with a widely known presence online.  He (and is small organization) can sometimes work miracles when all else fails, but he is best saved as a last resort when direct contact fails to achieve a good result.  Mr. Elliott seems to do his best work when everything is properly documented.  In our several month dealing with Princess we did discover that they have some terrific employees who will really work hard to resolve issues, but finding that right person can be a challenge.  Best of luck....and please keep us informed via posts.  We know that Princess does monitor these boards, so posting updates might help.

Hank

• Like 1

It concerns me that Princess doesn't seem able to do a simple currency conversion correctly.

Everything else is irrelevant, doesn't matter, and is none of my business.

Please keep us updated. I have had a completely ridiculous math-related problem with the Princess finance department also. Luckily mine was just resolved, but It was so absurd, it should not have happened in the first place.

My experience makes me believe yours.

10 hours ago, ukbecky said:

It concerns me that Princess doesn't seem able to do a simple currency conversion correctly.

Everything else is irrelevant, doesn't matter, and is none of my business.

Please keep us updated. I have had a completely ridiculous math-related problem with the Princess finance department also. Luckily mine was just resolved, but It was so absurd, it should not have happened in the first place.

My experience makes me believe yours.

👍

Alright. Here's a bit of an update. Princess finally returning my CAD $25770.38 refund, no email confirmation tho they said it will be showing up on my account (After half a yr of delay). 🙂 I thought that was CAD$26000, but I'll take w/e is close to that amount. And I'm not going to do all the calculation again just to see if there's CAD$230 difference, I'll trust them this time. (if anyone can verify the amount that would be awesome 😄) Moving forward I don't think I'll be buying any OBC with Princess. I'm not against buying OBC, but you can make your informed decision with my story 😅

It was one of the most stressful moments in my life so far. But its part of the life journey right 😆 I'm glad that I have all the support and suggestions from you guys! Thanks again!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, oscar6220 said:

Alright. Here's a bit of an update. Princess finally returning my CAD $25770.38 refund, no email confirmation tho they said it will be showing up on my account (After half a yr of delay). 🙂 I thought that was CAD$26000, but I'll take w/e is close to that amount. And I'm not going to do all the calculation again just to see if there's CAD$230 difference, I'll trust them this time. (if anyone can verify the amount that would be awesome 😄) Moving forward I don't think I'll be buying any OBC with Princess. I'm not against buying OBC, but you can make your informed decision with my story 😅

It was one of the most stressful moments in my life so far. But its part of the life journey right 😆 I'm glad that I have all the support and suggestions from you guys! Thanks again!

Yeah! Finally you found a Princess Employee that can do math. Glad you got it back 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good for you!  Did the person who authorized the additional funds offer any explanation as to what happened?  I can't imagine they just called and said the money is on its way.  Knowing what happened to cause this may help others in the future.  Again, good for you!