Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But the promenade deck balconies might allow passing joggers or strollers to gaze in upon you as you are getting dressed!😬

They will have one way glass which I hope they put in the correct way round. We had an outside cabin on the promenade deck on an Olsen ship a few years ago. It was a little weird and I still hope that it was working as it should have been. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

They will have one way glass which I hope they put in the correct way round. We had an outside cabin on the promenade deck on an Olsen ship a few years ago. It was a little weird and I still hope that it was working as it should have been. 

Was the passing foot traffic noisy in any way?

16 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Was the passing foot traffic noisy in any way?

Not particularly but it was a winter cruise to Norway. Of course, as a smaller ship, there were not potentially 12,000 feet passing.

Edited by pete14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

In what I see as a positive move, I can now book the Epicurean, Sindhu and Limelight Club for my Iona cruise later this year.

A couple of days ago, these were all set to 'Enquire on board'.

Hopefully they are going to cruise pre Christmas.

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

In what I see as a positive move, I can now book the Epicurean, Sindhu and Limelight Club for my Iona cruise later this year.

They've been been available to book for Iona's departures on 28 Nov and 12 Dec for a couple of weeks.  We've booked the Limelight Club, Ray Quinn.  He seems to be spending some time on Iona.

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

They've been been available to book for Iona's departures on 28 Nov and 12 Dec for a couple of weeks.  We've booked the Limelight Club, Ray Quinn.  He seems to be spending some time on Iona.

Sadly, still only Ray Quinn in the Limelight for first four nights. Hopefully they will add someone else on soon.

20 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Have they worked out how they are going to open the entertainment venues safely?

Indoor theatres and nightclubs haven’t yet been opened on land, so i’m wondering how they’ll achieve it at sea.

i would think there’d have to be greatly reduced capacity at the very least. 

Once everyone is on ship, essentially you then have one big bubble.

The idea has been mooted about getting everyone to scan in when they use an indoor venue or take part in an activity. Meal time attendance information is already logged. The technology is there - they use the scanners to note attendance at muster.

The ship would then essentially undertake its own track and trace program.

If you have a mask on the risk of spreading the virus is minimal as you walk past people so masks may be mandatory when moving around the ship.

Theatre show may go 4 of 5 times a day with afternoon performances so that capacity can be reduced. Also has advantage that you may take 400-500 people away from other areas of the ship that they would otherwise be in.

Buffet served and no cookery club.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Britboys said:

Apologies if this has already been posted. If, not I'm sure all Iona fans will enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/bjTxNvLGT6U

Not an Iona fan or of any large ships as you know, but I have to admit she doesn't look as  ugly as I thought she would. Quite majestic actually. I watched the other video after it as well. Lovely views of Aurora and Arcadia even if she did look a little unloved.

Avril

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not an Iona fan or of any large ships as you know, but I have to admit she doesn't look as  ugly as I thought she would. Quite majestic actually. I watched the other video after it as well. Lovely views of Aurora and Arcadia even if she did look a little unloved.

Avril

The front is not too bad Avril - but the rear end is plug ugly imho...😄. Compared to some modern ships she is okay but I am afraid that to me - cliché alert - she really does look like a floating block of apartments, as indeed do most large, modern ships...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

The front is not too bad Avril - but the rear end is plug ugly imho...😄. Compared to some modern ships she is okay but I am afraid that to me - cliché alert - she really does look like a floating block of apartments, as indeed do most large, modern ships...

Sorry, Avril, I'm with Britboys. It's a floating multi-storey car park.😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 12:16 PM, Eddie99 said:

Pic which I “borrowed” from Twitter this morning.  In Bremerhaven 

33139B70-BE30-45DA-959A-121449B10AD1.jpeg

Looks like all the aft balconies are set back a long way.That would put me off with an "obstructed" wake view.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Funny enough I was just thinking the same.

Or am I just deluding myself ready for when it is the only cruise option in our price range sometime in the future! 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

May I suggest a sight check-up is overdue?😂

Barnard Castle is particularly lovely at this time of year.

I'll get back to you in a minute, a van's just pulled up outside our house and men in white coats are walking down our drive! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

I agree with you Andrew, but then many of us look better coming than going😂. Like you I much prefer the classic elegant streamlined design of the older smaller ships. I know  the stability of these monsters is well designed and safety checked, nonetheless I would not feel as safe as I do on Arcadia or Aurora.

Avril

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with you Andrew, but then many of us look better coming than going😂. Like you I much prefer the classic elegant streamlined design of the older smaller ships. I know  the stability of these monsters is well designed and safety checked, nonetheless I would not feel as safe as I do on Arcadia or Aurora.

Avril

This is my kind of cruise ship Avril!

20200402_164721.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Sorry, Avril, I'm with Britboys. It's a floating multi-storey car park.😱

I said she looked majestic, not nice. Queen Victoria (the monarch not the ship😉) looked majestic when moving, even if she wasn't much to look at.😂

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Looks like all the aft balconies are set back a long way.That would put me off with an "obstructed" wake view.

I don't think the aft cabins are as far back as that perspective makes them look Brian. The Promenade sticks out from the side of the ship, which in this photo makes them appear quite a long way back. Having said that, you would probably need to be quite high up to get a decent view of the wake.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I said she looked majestic, not nice. Queen Victoria (the monarch not the ship😉) looked majestic when moving, even if she wasn't much to look at.😂

Avril

You're not that old Sis.When did you see Queen Vic walk past.

• Haha 1