Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Pic which I “borrowed” from Twitter this morning.  In Bremerhaven 

33139B70-BE30-45DA-959A-121449B10AD1.jpeg

Looking quickly at that, you'd be forgiven in thinking the ship is docked in front of another structure. That lower deck seems to really jut out.

Lovely photo though!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Is that Fred Dibnah,it's not coal fired is it.

Nope it's not Fred . It's Wesley  

Here ask his Mrs  (Who nearly talks as posh as Avril ) ...:classic_ohmy::classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Nope it's not Fred . It's Wesley  

Here ask his Mrs  (Who nearly talks as posh as Avril ) ...:classic_ohmy::classic_unsure:

What tha tryna se thee?  Ah can spake rate just like thisen😛😜

Avril

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think the wide, open promenade deck with bars and al fresco dining, will be something to look forward to.

Very weather dependent though. We would have been tempted to have booked an aft suite on Iona (when we feel safe to cruise again) as it won’t be blighted by soot like the one we had on Britannia, but I would worry about potential noise issues from that huge public area below, especially as we tend to go to bed earlier than most.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

That's ok, you won't need the tin hat, I'm not offended. It's been said about me before😏

Avril

We've not met as far as I know Avril but I am sure your rear cannot possibly be as ugly as Iona's!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, couldn't resist, but as you are on the stern, you won't be looking forward to anything.

I believe the Al-fresco dining area will be on the port side, outside the Quays casual dining restaurants, so lunch will give me an all round (one side) view, then a leisurely after lunch libation watching the wake from the sunset bar, what could be better.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Very weather dependent though. We would have been tempted to have booked an aft suite on Iona (when we feel safe to cruise again) as it won’t be blighted by soot like the one we had on Britannia, but I would worry about potential noise issues from that huge public area below, especially as we tend to go to bed earlier than most.

Given what I've seen of similar cabins that back onto pubic areas (ie. those on the Oasis of the Seas over looking the aquatics theatre) they will have decent sound proof glazing - however as you can imagine, that doesn't work on balconies.

One cabin tour i saw on another shup (may have been a Carnival), they stepped out onto the suite's ample decking that was above the pool area. Instantly you could hear the thump-thump of the techno music. Not to mention the hoots and hollers from the revelers.

Not saying that Iona's outside dining will have the exact same issue. Maybe the odd rowdy table, but nothing like the aforementioned. That being said, I don't think I'd go for a cabin above a public area. You can always bet that the night you want to turn in early will be the night of the noisiest event of the cruise.

Edited by Monorail Orange