Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I don't think the aft cabins are as far back as that perspective makes them look Brian. The Promenade sticks out from the side of the ship, which in this photo makes them appear quite a long way back. Having said that, you would probably need to be quite high up to get a decent view of the wake.

We're booked on MSC's newest and largest ship next year.They do seem to all have that similar look when they get to that size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Just awful, they're now even moving the aft balcony cabins away from the sea.

I thought that a cruise involved the peace and tranquility of being at sea while visiting foreign ports. It seems now that the more modern version of cruising is cramming as many people  as possible into a noisy floating theme park, transporting them from one port to the next and the sea is immaterial. Or am I just being cynical?

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought that a cruise involved the peace and tranquility of being at sea while visiting foreign ports. It seems now that the more modern version of cruising is cramming as many people  as possible into a noisy floating theme park, transporting them from one port to the next and the sea is immaterial. Or am I just being cynical?

Avril

That sums up most modern ships nicely. Probably why some companies, P&O being one of them, seem to have moved away from advertising "cruises" in favour of advertising "holidays"...

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 8:34 PM, molecrochip said:

Rumours that handover may slip to next week. This storm blowing through isn't helping.

More information. Handover has long been planned for today.

Additional “technical work” is required following the final sea trials last week. Whatever the issue is, they tried to resolve whilst at unplanned anchor up at Skagen Anchorage however decision taken to return to Bremerhaven.

New date expected to be early September.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

More information. Handover has long been planned for today.

Additional “technical work” is required following the final sea trials last week. Whatever the issue is, they tried to resolve whilst at unplanned anchor up at Skagen Anchorage however decision taken to return to Bremerhaven.

New date expected to be early September.

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Graham.

52 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Given that Iona costs P&O money from the moment she is handed over, I'm sure that P&O will use any reason to knock handover back until closer to when the are restarting.

I'm glad you said that - I was quietly thinking it.😂

13 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I'm glad you said that - I was quietly thinking it.😂

I imagine P&O will be keen for the yard to take their time a bit ...

-- don't feel the need to rush guys ...

-- do it once, do it very methodically, oh and do it well ...

-- test, test and test again if you are the slightest bit unsure ...

-- just make sure that you look after yourselves in these difficult times ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Probably for the on-board P&O team to find some more faults...😀

And I don't imagine you have to look far to find something wrong in a ship that size. This could go on for ever, keeping the payment in P&O's bank account ad infinitum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

And I don't imagine you have to look far to find something wrong in a ship that size. This could go on for ever, keeping the payment in P&O's bank account ad infinitum.

It’s not in their bank account. It’s borrowed from a banking consortium like a mortgage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

It’s not in their bank account. It’s borrowed from a banking consortium like a mortgage.

Sorry, should have used better phraseology and said "they don't have to pay for it". 

Thanks for all the inside info.

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

The impossible takes time, miracles take a little longer bro, but I applaud you for your optimism👏👏

Sis

It's all down to when he was launched.If it's a 50 year retune,it's a big job.