Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

It's amazing how quickly things come together.  The cabins are prefab, it's not like they're building each one in place.  It looks like work on public spaces has started, and should move along but that does depend on how many contractors they have working.

2 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

I've never followed a build thread very closely, because I've never before been booked on a ship that wasn't already in service. So, please excuse my ignorance when I note that it seems like they have way too much to accomplish in the few months left before April. I want to be wrong.

First time for me as well, but I've had a fair amount of experience in construction work, albeit much smaller projects. Even though it looks like a lot, it isn't. I would say it's in good shape. Lots of smaller jobs still need to be done, but there should be plenty of time.

3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I don't get why they can't have these nice bright colours on Quantum, Spectrum, Ovation and Anthem.. It's so much more aesthetically pleasing..

Your statement is an opinion, to which you are welcome - I find bright and gaudy colours cheap and nauseating

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

A better view... with no chunk of crane blocking the view. 😜

📷 Anton

1999689070_AntonMislea1.thumb.jpg.f6d6e58d7936c063b9214840323f2fb3.jpg

Interesting...I'm crew on a QN-class ship and the front (crew) deck on Odyssey is looking a bit different.  The stairs from Deck 7 down to Deck 6 are further forward on the Odyssey than on the other QN class ships, and are also uncovered.  Also, the front wall of Deck 7 is solid all the way across, except for one door on the port side.  On the other QN class ships, that wall is mostly open and there is an overhang you can hang out under. There are crew cabins right on the other side of that wall, so I wonder if the extra space inside will lead to more cabins being up there.

Everything else looks identical to the other ships.  Spectrum has a different design up and behind the Solarium, but the Odyssey looks just like OV, AN & QN.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:58 AM, miraflores said:

Also, the front wall of Deck 7 is solid all the way across, except for one door on the port side.  On the other QN class ships, that wall is mostly open and there is an overhang you can hang out under.

I noticed the same solid wall but upon checking Spectrum noted it also has the solid wall.  

Here is Anthem.

an_day8winch-6.jpg

an_day8winch-8.jpg

As you noted there is quite a bit of space involved so it would be interesting to know how Spectrum uses this space.  

Do you know anyone on Spectrum?

16 hours ago, twangster said:

As you noted there is quite a bit of space involved so it would be interesting to know how Spectrum uses this space.  

I found a Spectrum of the Seas crew member who posted an album of photos of the ship recently. I enquired with him about the area. Let's see if there is a response.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:10 AM, Lloyd555 said:

I found a Spectrum of the Seas crew member who posted an album of photos of the ship recently. I enquired with him about the area. Let's see if there is a response.

No response yet, but found this photo. Sooooo close. 😆

277614944_ZainalAlideck71.thumb.jpg.031eab4a4cdc52b20a0c4d3ba0f79605.jpg

On 10/30/2020 at 2:58 AM, miraflores said:

Interesting...I'm crew on a QN-class ship and the front (crew) deck on Odyssey is looking a bit different.  The stairs from Deck 7 down to Deck 6 are further forward on the Odyssey than on the other QN class ships, and are also uncovered.  Also, the front wall of Deck 7 is solid all the way across, except for one door on the port side.  On the other QN class ships, that wall is mostly open and there is an overhang you can hang out under. There are crew cabins right on the other side of that wall, so I wonder if the extra space inside will lead to more cabins being up there.

Everything else looks identical to the other ships.  Spectrum has a different design up and behind the Solarium, but the Odyssey looks just like OV, AN & QN.

To me, it looks like those openings are there. You can see indentations located, in the photo, where the openings are normally located.  I believe they are just covered.

5 hours ago, csnarpy said:

To me, it looks like those openings are there. You can see indentations located, in the photo, where the openings are normally located.  I believe they are just covered.

I think if they were there and covered there would be no reason for the opening to the hatch

On 11/1/2020 at 5:14 AM, twangster said:

I noticed the same solid wall but upon checking Spectrum noted it also has the solid wall.  

Here is Anthem.

an_day8winch-6.jpg

an_day8winch-8.jpg

I know someone there now and asked her, but she hasn't gone up to the front yet. She said she'd go look though amd get back to me.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, miraflores said:

I know someone there now and asked her, but she hasn't gone up to the front yet. She said she'd go look though amd get back to me.

Appreciate there may be different rules and policy in place over crew movement on board right now.  Please make sure she doesn't break any rules in the process.  It isn't that important.  

• Like 1