Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

21 hours ago, twangster said:

Bottom right corner.

The fact sheet for the other sisters still says Concierge Club.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/ships/

Also noted above the maiden voyage has been updated to April 2021.

That still says trapeze school, too.  Thought I read previously that it had been eliminated.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure the sign on the door matters as much as the policy for its use - that seems to have been settled for Q class in Jan when D+ were booted.

Sailed Q class in February with D+ in the CL.  

Anthem and Bayonne in general is not indicative of the whole Q fleet or the world.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Anthem and Bayonne in general is not indicative of the whole Q fleet or the world.

Yes, I should have added the caveat that the CL turning into an SL on Q class is likely to start with NA sailings and then eventually move world wide (except China where lots of things are different). Of course, anything can happen on the other side of the pandemic.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Of course, anything can happen on the other side of the pandemic.

I expect that Anthem's CL has been rebranded now that she made it through drydock.  Pretty simple to change a sign on the wall.  Or perhaps the sign is stored on deck 0 waiting to sail back to Bayonne.

Time will tell.  

Edited by twangster

On 8/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

That still says trapeze school, too.  Thought I read previously that it had been eliminated.

yep. that's what's indicated on the blog. My kids are going to be Royally pissed...

"In addition to the cancelled sailings, Royal Caribbean also announced two other changes to Odyssey of the Seas. First, the trapeze school will no longer be a feature of the SeaPlex."

Edited by csnarpy

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Looks to me that with the hull painted she may be floated out sooner than that - @steamboats may have more info.

I don´t think that the float out of the building hall will be very soon. Usually the ships are out there for only a few weeks until the Ems river conveyance. Would be unusual to have the ship outside for half a year - especially in winter. It´s easier to work inside the building hall.

steamboats

14 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Would be unusual to have the ship outside for half a year - especially in winter. It´s easier to work inside the building hall.

True, but I would think they need most of Hall 6 to work on AidaCosma. Also, while sailings of Odyssey have been cancelled through April, not sure that means the yard finishing her has to drag out till then.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

True, but I would think they need most of Hall 6 to work on AidaCosma. Also, while sailings of Odyssey have been cancelled through April, not sure that means the yard finishing her has to drag out till then.

They still have quite a bit of work to do on the bow section of AidaCosma before needing room. And don't think RCCL is gonna take Odyssey before they really have to so really no rush.

16 minutes ago, dalee21860 said:

And don't think RCCL is gonna take Odyssey before they really have to so really no rush.

RCI may not be in a rush to take official delivery, but Meyer Wreft probably wants to get paid and get the ship off their books.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:48 PM, Biker19 said:

Yes, I should have added the caveat that the CL turning into an SL on Q class is likely to start with NA sailings and then eventually move world wide (except China where lots of things are different). Of course, anything can happen on the other side of the pandemic.

Good move on Royals part moving to SL’s on most ships. 😇

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI may not be in a rush to take official delivery, but Meyer Wreft probably wants to get paid and get the ship off their books.

First they have to get rid of the Iona...

They are not in a hurry regarding AIDAcosma and trying to stretch the building time as well as with the Odyssey.

steamboats

11 hours ago, steamboats said:

First they have to get rid of the Iona...

She's been in Bremerhaven for a while after her last round of sea trials. I went to the P&O site to see if they have any news on her and saw that her first listed sailing (11/14) seems pretty cheap, especially considering that's supposed to be the inaugural. Of course the likelihood of that sailing proceeding may a bit low....

Edited by Biker19