Diet Sodas

Swallslv

We are returning for our 4th Oceania Cruise cruising Miami to Barcelona. We are trying to confirm what diet sodas they typically have on board. My husband enjoys his daily Diet Dr. Pepper. Diet Coke is not his thing. So I am trying to confirm what they have to offer and if they don’t have Diet Dr. Pepper, can we bring it on board ourselves. Thanks for any information you can provide.

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I cannot say if I have seen it or not  but you could ask the Special service Dept  well ahead  to see if they can order it for you  or just bring your own if you want

This is correct.  I always request diet, caffeine feee soda and specify the product names.  Crew members might not be aware which products are caffeine free.  They always accommodate me, even the time I sent the email two days prior to boarding.  I usually remember to send a couple weeks prior. 

Definitely specify you want Diet Dr. pepper.  

specialservices@oceaniacruises.com

• Like 1

It's also a question of your itinerary.  Sometimes your preferred soda isn't available in the ports you are visiting -- or perhaps at earlier ports the ship has visited.  Since you are leaving from Miami they certainly shouldn't have a problem getting the drinks you want!

But this is all the more reason to clear it with Oceania.  They will order your favorites if they can and in your case I'm sure they will be able to do so.

I don't think I've ever seen Dr. Pepper -- or even Pepsi -- in our minifridge.  Then again, we really don't drink sodas other than seltzer, so we don't look that carefully at what is available.  We usually ask the butler (when we have one, which I admit is most of the time) to remove cokes and the like.

Mura

44 minutes ago, Mura said:

It's also a question of your itinerary.  Sometimes your preferred soda isn't available in the ports you are visiting -- or perhaps at earlier ports the ship has visited.  Since you are leaving from Miami they certainly shouldn't have a problem getting the drinks you want!

But this is all the more reason to clear it with Oceania.  They will order your favorites if they can and in your case I'm sure they will be able to do so.

I don't think I've ever seen Dr. Pepper -- or even Pepsi -- in our minifridge.  Then again, we really don't drink sodas other than seltzer, so we don't look that carefully at what is available.  We usually ask the butler (when we have one, which I admit is most of the time) to remove cokes and the like.

Mura

They still make Pepsi? 😏

2 hours ago, GICNJC said:

I drink non cola diet pops, eg:  7up, sprite, gingerale.

I requested 2 months in advance and all three were in my fridge.

those are usually standard in all the cabins  along with coke & diet coke

club soda & tonic  also

17 hours ago, Swallslv said:

We are returning for our 4th Oceania Cruise cruising Miami to Barcelona. We are trying to confirm what diet sodas they typically have on board. My husband enjoys his daily Diet Dr. Pepper. Diet Coke is not his thing. So I am trying to confirm what they have to offer and if they don’t have Diet Dr. Pepper, can we bring it on board ourselves. Thanks for any information you can provide.

No Diet Dr. Pepper.  Diet Coke only.  Why not stock up with a couple of cases of your diet soda(s) of choice before embarking  Miami?  That’s what I do. 

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

13 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

No Diet Dr. Pepper.  Diet Coke only.  Why not stock up with a couple of cases of your diet soda(s) of choice before embarking  Miami?  That’s what I do. 

King

O has Coke Zero though in some locations a new stock of cans may have a different name (can't remember -though it's not Diet Coke). So, you may have to explain the distinction to newer galley/waiter crew.

As stated by others it is not a standard stocked item. I always request it(well actually my TA does for me) and have always had it other than one time. I've had other people around the ship ask me where I got the Diet DP. 

34 minutes ago, warburg said:

Kingofcool1947, Diet Coke is sometimes called Coke Light in Europe.

Mary

It’s ALWAYS called that. The word “diet” has a negative connotation there - like a special diet for an illness of some sorts. Hence they do not use the term Diet Coke.

It’s like when Chevy wanted to introduce their Nova model in South America - it was a non-starter as No Va means don’t go in Spanish - a bad choice of a name for a car :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Paulchili

33 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

Just looked at the tonic water in our frig on Riviera and no diet.  Didn’t see it on the counter in the Terrace Restaurant either. 

I wonder if the bars have any of that for someone wanting, say, a Gin and Tonic, with "Diet tonic"?

I don't remember what it was, but DH noticed something in the Bar in the Terrace on Riviera (sort of around the side from where the serving is done), and it was a softdrink beverage that didn't seem to be available otherwise.  Or at least, we hadn't seen it elsewhere.

GC

• 6 months later...

I only saw diet coke on our Insignia cruise. I asked if they had diet ginger ale and was told only diet soda is diet coke. This was disappointing as I have to watch sugar and the rum selection was poor. I drink Myers at home, but the Myers they had was some off brand and not very good. The bourbon selection was also poor, but could have made do with diet ginger. I will take the advice and ask ahead of time for more diet selections, but if they only go in my fridge, how does that benefit me at the bars? Do I have to bring my own mixer to the bar?

1 hour ago, Jim and Monika said:

I only saw diet coke on our Insignia cruise. I asked if they had diet ginger ale and was told only diet soda is diet coke. This was disappointing as I have to watch sugar and the rum selection was poor. I drink Myers at home, but the Myers they had was some off brand and not very good. The bourbon selection was also poor, but could have made do with diet ginger. I will take the advice and ask ahead of time for more diet selections, but if they only go in my fridge, how does that benefit me at the bars? Do I have to bring my own mixer to the bar?

Wow, if that's the case Oceania is really cutting back. I have had Diet Ginger Ale on ALL of my Oceania cruise, that would be over 20 in the last 10 years. In the past there have always been other diet soda options too. 

I always have Atlantico Rum with Diet Ginger Ale at Waves bar most afternoons on pretty much every Oceania ship I've been on, and that's all of them except Sirena. This is not something I've pre requested, they have had them in stock. 

I'll let you know if Marina has them in a couple of weeks. 

2 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

I should have known something wasn't quite right when the bar tenders told me the only ginger ale they had was Canada Dry. The weird part was that every bar had it in 2 Liter plastic bottles.

Most of your posts sound like you might have been on some other line than Oceania. 

• Like 1

I do not drink diet  sodas  but have seen diet ginger ale in the fridge  as well as the diet coke

They usually have  Coke brands, Schweppes products  & sometimes Club brand

If you want a specific brand  ask your TA to ask well ahead of the cruise 

3 hours ago, ORV said:

Most of your posts sound like you might have been on some other line than Oceania. 

Correct, this was our first cruise with Oceania. We had a wonderful cruise and have already booked another Oceania cruise. We obviously had the alcohol package, but were disappointed with what was available on our cruise compared to what we have had on other cruise lines. One of the Connoisseur cruise consultants we dealt with questioned as to why we would want Oceania's beverage package as, in her opinion, it's one thing they haven't figured out.  We were just asking if this was the norm, or different.